autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7 Common Mistakes of Pressure Wasing

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Not the turbo nozzle tip.

I had the even smaller Nilfisk 100.4 as my first PW. The upgrade to the Kärscher K7 was hughe and the time shortened very much. Nice information in the video. The filter to the water inlett is missed by many but all PW don't have one either. I have some build in frost protection and think it's like the frost plugg on engines. So the PW pump don't cracks when freezed.
    Cool I have the k5 with hose reel. I love it. Just bought a new hose and wand and installed two weeks ago.

I got an adapter to use diffrent 1/4" wands and tips but I'm not interested in using it now. I'm happy with the wand it comes with. The replacement hose is also better then the original so that was a nice surprise

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7 Common Mistakes of Pressure Wasing

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Cool I have the k5 with hose reel. I love it. Just bought a new hose and wand and installed two weeks ago.

I got an adapter to use diffrent 1/4" wands and tips but I'm not interested in using it now. I'm happy with the wand it comes with. The replacement hose is also better then the original so that was a nice surprise
    Was it a replacement hose from Kärcher? They seem to be in better quality and more rubber feeling to them. The K7 Premium Full Control Plus Flex is the whole name of the modell I have LOL. But every ad to the name is of what features it has. The Premium is the plug'n'clean system with the RTU bottles with different kind of cleaning chemicals for different kind of work. I will test to put my own chemicals in a used bottle and see if it works. Full Control Plus is the spray gun handle and the wand with the lcd display and buttons to change the water pressure remotely when useing either the turbo nozzle or the ordinary nozzle tip and when you have it set on the chemical mix it's changes the dilution. The wand is a 3in1 with the ordinary nozzle tip and turn and you have a turbo nozzle tip and turn it again and you have the chemical mix. The Flex part is the hose is a more flexible one and is quite good actually. Downside is that's seems impossible to get a swiwel as Kärcher don't have one and with their quick connect to the hose it would be many adapters to be able to get a swiwel on it. Then what I have heard the swiwel that's mounted on hose and not build in the handle is not so good when you get a high pressure through it.

I have just an k-series male fitting that's in the gun handle. Then a little tube with threads on both ends and on the other end a generic quick connect. There from I can use other quick connect tools. Or on some I have the k-series adapter mounted on for an example the foamcannon or a longer wand that is bended just before the nozzle tip. When useing the non Kärcher products the settings on the gun handle don't work. So it's important to have the right size of the nozzle tip orifices and foamcannons orifice. The quality of the tools from Kärcher you can use with the PW have a great quality I think and at least for home uses. I just bought a jointed 360 nozzle tip that has a little lower water pressure so you can safely wash the undercarriage. Will mount it on a frame with wheels. Then I saw that Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube used the patio cleaner upside down and it seems to be working great and I have one of those too LOL.

In Sweden the standard electric outlets is 240v. So the specs on it is 2600psi and 2.6gpm. It goes fast to clean rinse off the prewash foam or if you just prerinse and even great to rinse off the car soap. With the smaller Nilfisk PW I had I switched to the hose to rinse off the car soap faster with a the higher gpm you have from the hose. Sometimes I do this now also but then it's to sheet rinsing the water of. With a great hydrophobic LSP it's not so much of the water left when doing that. I always use the PW when washing my car. Before with the smaller specs PW I could skip it and use the hose to prerinse instead. With a higher specs PW I see better much better cleaning ability from it and way faster to work with.

What is the specs of the K5 you have?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12