autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: NEW CarPro CQuartz LITE - EASY TO APPLY DIY CERAMIC COATING!

Coatings in dropper bottles keep quite a while. I have all kinds partially used and open without any issues.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I am not really understanding these "lite" coatings? I mean the benefit for me with a coating is longevity and ease of maintenance. All of the prep etc to apply a coating with a return of 6 months is a hard sell for me. I can get the same return with a quality paint sealant and proper care. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong I love coatings but the scaled down "lite" versions and the the return on investment doesn't seem worth it to me.
    You also have to keep in mind that some people are not going to pay for a full ceramic coating if having a professional detailer do the work. It's just another option. Like the box states it is 6+ months.

Also some are leery of coatings when they come on this forum and this makes for a nice entry prior to going the full ceramic route.

3. Likes Pats300zx liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The lite coatings are a good option for someone like me. I work at a place where I get paint over spray on my vehicle from time to time. I need to do a full clay and polish about every 6 months to maintain my paint. I would love to do a ceramic coating but after 2 years of paint buildup my truck would look horrible. I also would enjoy the easier maintenance that comes along with the coating properties vs a sealant or wax. This would be especially true during the winter. Sealants and waxes don't seem to hold up very well to the chemicals on the road when it snows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I am not really understanding these "lite" coatings? I mean the benefit for me with a coating is longevity and ease of maintenance. All of the prep etc to apply a coating with a return of 6 months is a hard sell for me. I can get the same return with a quality paint sealant and proper care. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong I love coatings but the scaled down "lite" versions and the the return on investment doesn't seem worth it to me.
    To be honest, sometimes I think of getting away from full-on coatings and going with something like CanCoat. With a heavily used black car, it's nearly impossible to keep it defect free for the expected lifespan of a tru coating and if I was crazy-OCD-ish (and had the motivation and energy to go with it) I might just go this route. Fixing isolated imperfections would be much quicker and easier. Heck, I can CanCoat an entire vehicle in about 15 minutes using it like a Quick Detailer/Spray Wax. Maybe instead of 'coating lite' if you ignore the ingredients it's more of a 'super-sealant'. Quick, easy to use, good shelf life (CanCoat anyway) and could likely re-do a panel with some defects in under an hour.

6. Likes oneheadlite, TTQ B4U, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You also have to keep in mind that some people are not going to pay for a full ceramic coating if having a professional detailer do the work. It's just another option. Like the box states it is 6+ months.

Also some are leery of coatings when they come on this forum and this makes for a nice entry prior to going the full ceramic route.
    Well said.

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Says can be used as a topper. How would you prep, say 1 yr old coating to be topped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Says can be used as a topper. How would you prep, say 1 yr old coating to be topped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would wash with Reset, then use iron x, then with very soapy water use a light touch and a nano mitt if needed. Dry and when fully dry coat it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any idea when this will be available on autogeek?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    I see this as a direct competitor to gyeon cancoat. I believe cancoat also has a six month durability but as people on here have tested it can go for well over a year before reapplication. The price is nice for 150ml of product but I wonder what the shelf life is. It would take me 3 years to use 150ml of product and I don’t foresee this product being viable for more than a couple months before hardening in the bottle.
    It wont get harden in the bottle, you can have at least 1 year shelf life after opening, if closed tight the cap and kept in cool dry space. with 150ml you can do 5 cars minimum, and we do recommend 2 layers per car for extra durability. it will last much longer then 6 months from our extreme tests.

14. Thanks PearTree thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, PearTree liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like these "lite" products have been a thing for some now, look no further than TAC system Moonlight and 1 step Master for instance, it's just alot people don't know about TAC system because they've only recently come to the U.S. (about a year and a half ago). DPC has a "lite" coating coming out VERY soon and it boasts 1 year of protection and based on the performance of his other products I see NO reason to not believe it either.

This recent offering from OPT seems pretty good, would love to see how it compares to IGL Premier because I'm pretty damn impressed with this product initially, can't wait for DPC Shield to be releasedVideo: NEW CarPro CQuartz LITE - EASY TO APPLY DIY CERAMIC COATING!Video: NEW CarPro CQuartz LITE - EASY TO APPLY DIY CERAMIC COATING!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast