autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: NEW CarPro CQuartz LITE - EASY TO APPLY DIY CERAMIC COATING!

Sitting here reading this thread and all the while loving and trusting my tried and true products.

Kudos to those who love Bead maker. This forum is all about not only the announcement of new products, but the testing and reporting of such.

I have read enough posts from trusted AGO members/friends to believe that BM is worth a try.

Me? I read the posts with interest, but my arsenal is well stocked and well liked. JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Slickness?
    Slickness is ok, but not as good as if you apply Gliss on top. Lite is similar to CQUK 3.0 as far as slickness goes. They need a topper to improve on that. That's why I liked Reload or Bead Maker for added gloss and slickness.

4. Thanks Rsurfer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Slickness?
    Similar to CQUK 3.0. No comparison to Gliss V2.

6. Thanks Rsurfer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Avi, CEO of CarPro himself, it is best practice to throw away the applicators as well as the microfiber towels used for removal (levelling the coating). Why take any chances? Jon from Forensic Detailing Channel even did a video to test this very topic. What he found is that even after washing them, soaking them in detergent/APC, washing them in a washer, etc, they still contain particles/residue and they did scratch and marr the surface when reused.
    Best practice is one thing actually scratching is another. Jon is a great guy I'm sure....don't know him but I'll gladly put my tests which are real world uses on dozens of vehicle out there as my proof that they won't mar paint. Another one goes on tomorrow even. His mileage and opinion will vary but I'll leave that with him.

So we can agree to disagree. Again, I will never force you to throw away your towels.
    we will and the main reason for me to chime in is so that others can feel secure in testing it out for themselves without worry. If others decide to toss them, that's for them to decide as like you, I won't force them to keep their towels but I'd gladly provide them my address to send them to instead
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes acuRAS82, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    we will and the main reason for me to chime in is so that others can feel secure in testing it out for themselves without worry. If others decide to toss them, that's for them to decide as like you, I won't force them to keep their towels but I'd gladly provide them my address to send them to instead
    Now that's how I like exchanging thoughts and opinions and ideas. All done respectfully. Much appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experience by the way!

10. Likes TTQ B4U, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh dammit! I am way overstocked with moonlight, cancoat, cosmic spritz, overcoat, reload, hydrosilex and SS Supply Clutch. I don’t even know what I’d put this on..... why do I have the urge to buy it? I need help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I am way overstocked with moonlight, cancoat, cosmic spritz, overcoat, reload, hydrosilex and SS Supply Clutch. I don’t even know what I’d put this on..... why do I have the urge to buy it? I need help...
    Don’t do it. I was so close to ordering Moonlight and TI-22 this week despite having Viking and Premiere on the way (arriving today and tomorrow!!!). I convinced myself that those two I didn’t get yet will continue to exist if I don’t purchase them right now, and I can still buy them later. If I just think like this everyday, I’ll be good.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not really understanding these "lite" coatings? I mean the benefit for me with a coating is longevity and ease of maintenance. All of the prep etc to apply a coating with a return of 6 months is a hard sell for me. I can get the same return with a quality paint sealant and proper care. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong I love coatings but the scaled down "lite" versions and the the return on investment doesn't seem worth it to me.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I am not really understanding these "lite" coatings? I mean the benefit for me with a coating is longevity and ease of maintenance. All of the prep etc to apply a coating with a return of 6 months is a hard sell for me. I can get the same return with a quality paint sealant and proper care. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong I love coatings but the scaled down "lite" versions and the the return on investment doesn't seem worth it to me.
    Don't forget those that aren't nearly as experienced as you with coatings. CQ LITE.....wipe on, wipe off!! NO need to deal with flashing time. This is a BIG factor with the LITE version. You're not forced to buy the product.
    '03 Corvette Z06

17. Thanks Avi@CarPro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see this as a direct competitor to gyeon cancoat. I believe cancoat also has a six month durability but as people on here have tested it can go for well over a year before reapplication. The price is nice for 150ml of product but I wonder what the shelf life is. It would take me 3 years to use 150ml of product and I don’t foresee this product being viable for more than a couple months before hardening in the bottle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast