autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: A tire dressing that lasts 6 to 12 months?!? Optimum Tire Protection & Coating !

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yvan is Vice President of OPT??
    Yup! He used to be global training director, and got promoted to VP!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: A tire dressing that lasts 6 to 12 months?!? Optimum Tire Protection & Coating !

Interested to see what kind of durability you get. I recently coated the front tires on my DD and have another brand’s coating on the rears. Just from my application I am pretty sure OPT will be the winner but not sure it will dethrone Black Pearl for me. It sure is a lot cheaper though. If I see 6 months out of this, I’ll be more than happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Interested to see what kind of durability you get. I recently coated the front tires on my DD and have another brand’s coating on the rears. Just from my application I am pretty sure OPT will be the winner but not sure it will dethrone Black Pearl for me. It sure is a lot cheaper though. If I see 6 months out of this, I’ll be more than happy.
    why is black pearl your standard bearer? I dont find it much better than duraglosses tire dressing....honest question?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Hi guys,

Today I present the new Optimum Tire Protection & Coating with special guest Yvan Lacroix himself, VP of Optimum Polymer Technologies! This is a water-based dressing that will not sling and can last upwards of 6 to 12 months. In his testing he even has a vehicle that has had the tire coating on for 15 months and it's still on there.

It takes a bit more time to apply then a regular dressing, but the finish is awesome and it's dry to the touch. It has a silky feel, pretty cool. Not too glossy, and not too matte. I had it applied on my winter wheels (at the same time as Opti-Coat Pro+ on my paintwork) but I will also apply it on my summer wheels once I have them installed, so I can test for long term durability myself and report back to you guys.

Enjoy the video!

Pan let’s get clarification up front. Will this be a coating only test or will you be topping and maintaining?

Will you be using your personal vehichle as a test donkey or treating it like a normal car?

Just kiddin! Yeah tire coating seems to be the rage. Nothing much left to coat. As said before keep posted. Love all the info out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Also Tacs is only cheaper compared to 8oz. OPT 8oz $15.99. Tac system 16oz $23.99. If you buy OPT 32oz prices very comparable per oz.

Does anyone know if this has a shelf life?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    why is black pearl your standard bearer? I dont find it much better than duraglosses tire dressing....honest question?
    I’ve never used Duragloss’s tire products, but Black Pearl has outlasted anything I have used. I’ve had customers vehicles that are driven on a daily basis get over a year of durability out of it.
    I will also say that when coating tires, you can’t skimp on prep.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Does anyone know if this has a shelf life?

I asked Yvan (from OPT) this very question, and he says the classic answer is that like pretty much all chemicals, 1 year is the standard shelf life, but in reality, if they're kept at stable temperatures and conditions, they can go for many years and still be good.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12