autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Video: OPTI-COAT PRO+ ceramic coating installed on my car! PRO grade coating.

Hi guys!

A jam-packed episode today!! I teamed up with Yvan Lacroix, vice president of Optimum Polymer Technologies, to present the full installation of OPTI-COAT PRO+, a professional grade ceramic coating on my own BMW. We will go through the entire procedure, from washing, to decontamination, to polishing, to prep and then applying the coating. Many questions will be answered and we debunk myths about coatings as well as talk about things like the differences between consumer grade vs pro grade coatings, Sio2 vs TiO2 vs SiC coatings, how Opti-Coat works, etc.

Yvan has been detailing for over 30 years and I learn new things from him everytime we meet. I'm sure you guys will learn a thing or two as well by watching this video. Make sure you watch it from beginning to the end as there are a lot of tips and tricks shared within the video.

Enjoy!

2. Likes spazzz, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: OPTI-COAT PRO+ ceramic coating installed on my car! PRO grade coating.

Your car came out great. Hyper Polish is such a nice polish to work with. Yvan always has such interesting tips from years of experience.

He did mention that Optimum does not offer a topper product but I would think Hyper Seal would fall into that category given that it is in the coating maintenance line up that professionals can sell to their customers or enthusiasts to use with Gloss Coat or Opti-Coat Pro and Pro+.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: OPTI-COAT PRO+ ceramic coating installed on my car! PRO grade coating.

It's not a topper in the sense it won't affect the coating in any shape or form. It's simply a polymer sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to see Optimum getting some love.

Good job again Pan.

I checked out your store and it looks great but I don't know about the spit shines and rim jobs T, that would definitely get some strange looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

He did mention that Optimum does not offer a topper product but I would think Hyper Seal would fall into that category
    Yeah I spoke with Yvan about that, because I couldn't imagine I wouldn't have anything to do with my paintwork after having Opti-Coat Pro+. I love detailing, and I can't just sit there and just wash the car and call it a day lol. So yes the Opti-Coat Hyper Seal he says is compatible with Opti-Coat Pro and Pro+ and I will even use the Opti-Coat ONR which he says has gloss enhancers compared to the regular ONR.

7. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    It's great to see Optimum getting some love.

Good job again Pan.

I checked out your store and it looks great but I don't know about the spit shines and rim jobs T, that would definitely get some strange looks.
    Thanks! For the T-shirts, I got inspired by a lot of my viewers who enjoy the "thought provocative" designs on some shirts... Gets people talking! . But I also made sure to have more detailing appropriate versions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Yeah I spoke with Yvan about that, because I couldn't imagine I wouldn't have anything to do with my paintwork after having Opti-Coat Pro+. I love detailing, and I can't just sit there and just wash the car and call it a day lol. So yes the Opti-Coat Hyper Seal he says is compatible with Opti-Coat Pro and Pro+ and I will even use the Opti-Coat ONR which he says has gloss enhancers compared to the regular ONR.
    And of course the M-wash.
    I still have a little left, slippery suds.
    After using the No rinse yellow, I decided to stick with ONR and then Hyper Seal.

Post Thanks / Like

Great video on this coating Pan! I see they (Optimum) have taken their time releasing a coating and if I had to guess it's their own coating as well, right? I say this because of the amount of time its taken them to release it.

The mention of Optimum hyper polish, such a great product to work with...SOLID!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    This makes sense. Let us know how these two products work out for you. I did not get to try out hyper seal as it came out a little later after I had moved away from Gloss Coat as it was not a good overall performer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Great video on this coating Pan! I see they (Optimum) have taken their time releasing a coating and if I had to guess it's their own coating as well, right? I say this because of the amount of time its taken them to release it.

The mention of Optimum hyper polish, such a great product to work with...SOLID!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Optimum makes their own coatings and they have had their own coatings for quite some time. They are one of the original coating companies from years back. They have tweaked their formula's form time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is probably a dumb comment/question...but this product looked no more difficult to apply than with Optimum Glosscoat except you have an additional product to install. Is it that much more difficult to have to pay the price to have it professionally installed?

And...great video Pan! I have the tire coat as well...didn’t really like the way it performed initially...however my second application has been rocking now for almost 3 months and killing it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast