autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: 10-month ceramic coating update! + Chemical torture test!

Far as I read into it master sealant is meant to be topper that you can use as stand alone. Moonlight is made to be a stand alone?

After my 2 coats of cquk3.... gonna 50/50 the hood with cancoat and moonlight. Side genders too for vertical performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    If you're continuously topping a coating then you're not really getting any durability results from the coating, but from all those toppers on the coating. A 10 month or however long review of a coating without anything on top except for washing would be a proper way to test it's durability.
    Been reading this thread with great interest. This is really a relevant point. Can't you take any product and apply a competent topping on a regular basis and it will offer the same results?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Been reading this thread with great interest. This is really a relevant point. Can't you take any product and apply a competent topping on a regular basis and it will offer the same results?
    Absolutely. Makes perfect sense. I just pointed out that Pan was not conducting that test. He was just giving us an update on how his coating on a personal vehichle. He was just giving full disclosure as to how HE was maintaining HIS car. I don’t think I need to defend a grown man but don’t ever think he said this is result of 10 month durability test of coating only.

If it were a normal geek I don’t think he catch the heat that he does. He’s got a name in the detailing world and weather you love or hate his content. Right is right wrong is wrong. He’s just trying to put out videos to maybe help some people who find his content useful and hopefully make some dough along the way.

Everyone talks $#\t bout the Kardashians but hey gotta be ALOT of people who do find em useful and enjoyable they’re every where.

And Pan, sorry for comparing you to the Kardashian’s (Pan CARdshian?) just trying to make a point. Also remember whether the love you or hate you.... it’s the same thing just other side of the same coin.

And las, Beadmaker. Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

And Pan, sorry for comparing you to the Kardashian’s (Pan CARdshian?) just trying to make a point. Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Hehehe no worries. And yes, it's nice to see you also understood the point of my video. A 10-month update on the state of my coating after me taking care of it for 10 months, using my methods and products, just like anyone who likes their car would. There was no flashy title or click bait, and no drama was to come of it. Yet somehow, some still find a way to stir the pot lol. That's the internet for you. I have received much love from AG forum members in private messages telling me I should just block one or two of the more negative members, as they have done. That was great advice. I'll see if I put it to use.

Have a great day!

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of topping...laid down 303 Touchless sealant about 2 weeks ago, then applied Beadmaker and just tonight...Griot's Garage foaming Poly Gloss and guess what, I don't care, LOLVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Speaking of topping...laid down 303 Touchless sealant about 2 weeks ago, then applied Beadmaker and just tonight...Griot's Garage foaming Poly Gloss and guess what, I don't care, LOLVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

SUPER GLOSSY! Nice job!

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    That would seem to make perfect sense and kinda what I always assumed...however I have noticed something in our limited Spring so far this year.

2 cars with same coating/topper 'package'.

Both cars recently got the same 'get rid of Winter Wash'; Foam, wash, Tar, wash, Iron, wash, topper applied.

Car 1 had coating applied 10/2016, 17k miles ago, local trips only, no heavy driving use, sits outside 24/7 for 9 months a year.

Car 2 had coating applied, July 2017, 37k miles ago, nearly all freeway driving, heavy usage, hard miles, garaged each night.

After recent Spring washes, topper applied in a somewhat liberal fashion. So now we have 2 cars, with the same topper as top/exposed layer. Car 1, whose 'fresher' (albeit older) coating has performed better than Car 2 in similar circumstances since Spring decon.

Now 'better' is kinda hard to quantify but driving both in the rain (and then letting air dry) it's noticeably apparent that Car 1 is in better shape, coating/booster-wise, than Car 2 whose coating is more worn by heavy use.

I would think they'd both perform similarily since the top layer is the fresh application of the topper...but they don't.

Its plain to see (in little ways) that Car 2 needs to be re-done while Car 1 could go another year. But since the most recent application of the booster is currently doing the 'heavy lifting', shouldnt they both be doing equally as well? I havent a clue as to the possibilities yet it is what it is...

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pan, I'm sure your watching the historic hockey game tonight! What an ICON Bob Cole isVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Pan, I'm sure your watching the historic hockey game tonight! What an ICON Bob Cole isVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Totally! Unfortunately, it was also a sad moment as the Montreal Canadians couldn't make the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Totally! Unfortunately, it was also a sad moment as the Montreal Canadians couldn't make the playoffs.
    I'm still watching the game and Poehling, his first game, has just scored a hatrick and it hasn't happened for the Habs since 1943, incredible!

OT coming up...more Bob Cole thanks to the lack of D or the abudent OHH-fenseVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678