autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: 10-month ceramic coating update! + Chemical torture test!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You know what, I top everything and when my "new to me" car gets coated it will get initial toppings from TAC system, same brand as the coating and many coats of Poly Gloss too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What tac system coating do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What tac system coating do you use?

TAC system Power Plus, 70% Sio2 and later on down the road I'll top it with Moonlight and/or 1 step Master, all are outstanding products. Moonlight is 50% Sio2 and 1 step Master is at 25% Sio2, they even have a product called Quartz Max @ 5% Sio2, basically a maintenance topper compared to Moonlight and 1 step Master. They're finally in the U.S.Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

TAC system Power Plus, 70% Sio2 and later on down the road I'll top it with Moonlight and/or 1 step Master, all are outstanding products. Moonlight is 50% Sio2 and 1 step Master is at 25% Sio2, they even have a product called Quartz Max @ 5% Sio2, basically a maintenance topper compared to Moonlight and 1 step Master. They're finally in the U.S.Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

One step seems interesting. Got a lot of product to go through though. Have to resist urges. Moonlight still out of stock. Love that they have it as their most popular product on their home page but never seem to have it in stock... lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    One step seems interesting. Got a lot of product to go through though. Have to resist urges. Moonlight still out of stock. Love that they have it as their most popular product on their home page but never seem to have it in stock... lol

It sucks that it's out of stock but that might just tell you somethingVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

I've been very pleased with the performance of all the TAC system products except their WW, not very good at all. The self cleaning abilities of the coating and toppers are truely incredible, can't wait to "get after it" on the new car once the weather breaks because when combined with the new 303 surface enhancement products I've been using, that blue paint is going to look incredible!!

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that Moonlight is 25% SiO2 according to their product description, still pretty impressive. It just didn't work well for me, however I may be the only one in the world as it is pretty much universally praised, huge love in the UK. Maybe give it another go some day; the initial water behavior was crazy, didn't even need to get up to speed to clear wet hood, just needed to turn left and the raindrops slid off to the right. Just really didn't stay clean after a rainstorm when vehicle was stationary :shrug:

TACSystem’s MoonLight Coating
    Product Description: Moonlight is an oil-based topical maintenance coating, containing 25% SiO2. Moonlight lasts up to 9 months while greatly enhancing gloss to vehicle surfaces. While primarily used as a topper to SiO2 coatings, Moonlight functions as a highly durable stand alone coating. A deep gloss with SiO2 protection that lasts up to twice as long as traditional waxes and sealants, Moonlight helps vehicles maintain that ‘just detailed’ look.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got the One Step Master but never have used it. It’s a strange product and there is nothing like it. A paste 25% SiO2 product. I really like Moonlight, easy on and easy off. I’ve been really happy with all of TAC Systems products. I keep hoping PBMG will start selling them. I really like their Topcoat too except it comes in a huge bottle and goes bad before you can use it up unless you are a Pro doing many vehicles a week. I would split a bottle with someone.

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve got the One Step Master but never have used it. It’s a strange product and there is nothing like it. A paste 25% SiO2 product. I really like Moonlight, easy on and easy off. I’ve been really happy with all of TAC Systems products. I keep hoping PBMG will start selling them. I really like their Topcoat too except it comes in a huge bottle and goes bad before you can use it up unless you are a Pro doing many vehicles a week. I would split a bottle with someone.
    Time to use the mousse that is 1 step Master!

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It appears that Moonlight is 25% SiO2 according to their product description, still pretty impressive. It just didn't work well for me, however I may be the only one in the world as it is pretty much universally praised, huge love in the UK. Maybe give it another go some day; the initial water behavior was crazy, didn't even need to get up to speed to clear wet hood, just needed to turn left and the raindrops slid off to the right. Just really didn't stay clean after a rainstorm when vehicle was stationary :shrug:
    I stand corrected, thank you!

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sucks that it's out of stock but that might just tell you somethingVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

I've been very pleased with the performance of all the TAC system products except their WW, not very good at all. The self cleaning abilities of the coating and toppers are truely incredible, can't wait to "get after it" on the new car once the weather breaks because when combined with the new 303 surface enhancement products I've been using, that blue paint is going to look incredible!!

How I and another on this forum got it is to email them. They’ll email you when in stock. Both times sold out within 24 hours.

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    If you search their site, a lot of things only available in small (50ml sometimes). Even though the show picks of gallons. I was going to order their eraser type product but only available in 50 ml at the time. I don’t think they could keep up with demand if PBMG sold them

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast