autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: 10-month ceramic coating update! + Chemical torture test!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Once again, you don’t have to hold anyone’s hand.... I was asking him, not you. What’s up?
    Well, it's a public forum and if your trying to get an answer myself or someone else can help out here, I mean that's the point of a question...rightVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well, it's a public forum and if your trying to get an answer myself or someone else can help out here, I mean that's the point of a question...rightVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

I was interested in getting his opinion. This has now been derailed into something totally weird... All I asked was a simple question.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're continuously topping a coating then you're not really getting any durability results from the coating, but from all those toppers on the coating. A 10 month or however long review of a coating without anything on top except for washing would be a proper way to test it's durability.

5. Likes DBAILEY, Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don’t have to hold his hand bro...
    Seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, ok...Pan, put the bottle of Beadmaker down and answer these questions, inquiring minds would like to knowVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!Video: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Giss is/was applied to help out with thisVideo: 10-month ceramic coating update!  + Chemical torture test!

Ah thanks, I watched the video and was interruped all 3 times so missed this. Thank you!

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    If you're continuously topping a coating then you're not really getting any durability results from the coating, but from all those toppers on the coating. A 10 month or however long review of a coating without anything on top except for washing would be a proper way to test it's durability.
    Now I take into account these are companies trying to sell me stuff but every detail site I go to recommends topping. PBMG, ESOTERIC, DI, also most coating manufacturers recommend it (also recognize the want to sell product) but if this what’s recommended buy the people who buy and sell it? Wouldn’t you want a durability test with its intended use? Do you not too your coatings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Of course. I would maintain the coating with CarPro Eraser at the beginning, and when I discovered Bead Maker, I switched to Bead Maker. However, in the past month or two, I haven't applied any toppers and before the video, I did another decon pre-wash using Optimum Power Clean to remove left over traces of those toppers.

I have had much experience with CQUK Edition (the version prior to UK 3.0) and that one too easily lasted 2 years on my previous BMW.
    Thanks. Power Clean is pretty good in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I've not ventured into coatings yet....the one you used....how would you rate it as far of ease of application...and do you think it would be a good first coating for a newbie?

You also mentioned you applied Gliss.....does that only get applied when you do the coating itself?

BTW....thanks for the video
    Ease of application for both CQUK 3.0 and Gliss is easy enough for a first timer. Gliss has a minimum time of 4 hours after the last coat of CQUK 3.0. It can be applied down the line if the base layer coating has been on for months. It will just need a proper decon and also to remove any toppers that may have been used during that time. I would recommend to apply Gliss during the initial coating phase to make it easier on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Thank you for your answers! Did you have any issues with water spotting?

3.0 gets phenomenal reviews, seems to be great for the price!
    It is a good coating. Unlike Pan, I have a dedicated area on my daily driver that sits outside 24/7 and the coating is doing great coming up to the 9 month mark. The areas topped with Gliss V1 seem to be holding up as well.

I have not had any water spotting issues with either of these coatings. I can say that about all the paint coatings I have used. The only product that caused water spotting is GTechniq C2V3.

CQUK 3.0 was reformulated to handle water spotting than the previous formula. Gliss is designed to handle the water spotting that may occur on CarPro coatings.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I would tend to agree with you to a degree. Which is why I left an area that is just CQUK 3.0 as a stand alone and just gets washed. At about 9 months in, it is doing very well. The areas with Gliss have also done well. I tried topping one small area with Reload to test it out and I did not like it. The self cleaning effect and water behavior of Gliss is much better.

12. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@The Guz... I agree with everything you said above. Well said.

I had CQuartz UK Edition on my previous BMW 435i Gran Coupe and it easily did the 2 year mark and was holding strong. I was only applying Reload to maintain it. Since I got my brand new BMW M550i, I applied two coats of CQUK 3.0 topped with one coat of Gliss v1.0 and performance is identical if not a bit better. Application was a bit easier (although CQUK was very easy to apply as well) and I agree that Gliss really helps with water spotting, not that was a major concern in my case, but some of my customers with hard water issues in their homes saw their issues almost disappear with the installation of Gliss. And since I started testing Gliss 2.0, it's better yet and slickness has also improved in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing!

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since when did sheeting become more important than beading?
    I’d love to see you try and prove that.
    I challenge you to do a long term 50/50 on a vehicle.
    I will try and stay polite here, as I can feel the continued attacks on your part and quite frankly, I have had enough. I don't owe you anything, and I don't respond well to orders or challenges. And I don't have to prove anything. Especially not to you.

If you listened closely to my video, I said "PERHAPS" more importantly, sheeting. And this is coming from me, who actually prefers beading. Many people like sheeting because it causes less water lying on the surface, reducing chances of water spotting and also makes the drying process quicker as you have less standing water on the vehicle. Others prefer beading because it gives an obvious sign that there is some form of protection on the paintwork and let's be honest, most people love to see beads. I know I sure do.

But that's beyond the point. I don't care if someone likes beading or sheeting. I respect both camps, to each their own. The majority of products have both characteristics anyhow. A bit (or a lot) of beading combined with enough slickness to have great sheeting. What does it change in your world who prefers what? That I don't know.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast