autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to clean rubber mats!

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I actually always have rubber mats in, even during the spring, summer, and fall here in md.

Not that I think they look super slick or something, I just can’t stand cleaning carpet. It takes approximately 4 seconds to pull the all weather mats out and scrub them with something, and a whole lot less effort than it takes to clean a carpeted mat.

As far as rubber mats go I think weathertechs do look really nice, though. I just wish they covered more of the floor. In my mind they should be made to cover the entirety of the foot well, maybe even tucking up under the plastic panels surrounding them. But maybe that’s a bit much, who know. All I know is “floor liner” feels like the wrong name for them, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well the floor liners do go up quite a bit but with what your asking for they'd have to be 2 pieces, gotta be able to get them in and out, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well the floor liners do go up quite a bit but with what your asking for they'd have to be 2 pieces, gotta be able to get them in and out, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lmao, yeah that would be another issue. They’re definitely the nicest mats I’ve ever owned, for sure. I’m just very big and my feet tend to rest along the edges of them Video: How to clean rubber mats!

Post Thanks / Like

ClearVue
    that could of very well been my Grandma's living room. right down to the legs on the coffee & end tables. we had plastic on everything even the car seats. most the time the family lived downstairs & upstairs was like a time capsule(everything covered). it was only for special company. never did see the Pope or Frank Sinatra. and by the way, Grandmother's are the best people in the world. I know mine was.
    Carlo

4. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I actually always have rubber mats in, even during the spring, summer, and fall here in md.

Not that I think they look super slick or something, I just can’t stand cleaning carpet. It takes approximately 4 seconds to pull the all weather mats out and scrub them with something, and a whole lot less effort than it takes to clean a carpeted mat.

As far as rubber mats go I think weathertechs do look really nice, though. I just wish they covered more of the floor. In my mind they should be made to cover the entirety of the foot well, maybe even tucking up under the plastic panels surrounding them. But maybe that’s a bit much, who know. All I know is “floor liner” feels like the wrong name for them, imo.

Well, their main advantage is to have high walls so that snow doesn't go around them. To me, having carpets in cars doesn't make much sense. There are so many situations where you are gonna get them really dirty and cleaning them is not an easy task. On top of it, because of the undercarpet, drying takes for ever if you extract them. I think it's a bad idea all around. They should make the floor out of some good looking hard. non-porous material.

In the meantime, we have to deal as best we can I haven't seen anything better than Weathertech yet.

6. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    Pan, nice video. Thanks for sharing.

I look on this forum all the time but don’t comment much. However, this time I was compelled to say something. Some members here are overly critical. The guy says “how to take a dirty floor mat like this, and end up w a clean one like this”. Who cares if it’s the same exact one on the thumbnail. He probably had to shoot a few times to get the video right. If I take my pressure washer or conventional hose and blast it I can get most of my dirt off my dirty mats. When it dries it still goes back to that off color but the dirt is off. I don’t think Pan was dishonest in anything he said. I think some of you beat him up on the beadmaker video and now anytime you see him post you just want something to continue ragging about.

Anyway; back on topic. Soap and water only for me. I never dress the mats for fear of it getting slippery.
    Thanks for your support. I try and disregard the haters. The bigger the channel gets, the more of those I see. Thank god the majority of my viewers can appreciate what I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    Talking about WT-mats so I will ask all. I have them in brown and gray and my issue is the areas of wear tend to show lighter color due to scuffing. I have the WT-tech protectant and it does not bring back the original color. Any else have the same issue or better treatment product. And for the record I hate slick mats.

Curious
    Thom. I also have mats in those colors and I haven’t found anything non slick yet that brought them back very well. I totally know what you are talking about. I have been using megs all season dressing on mine, it’s slick so I’ll try to buff them some and live with it for a few days

Let me know if you find anything that works well

Post Thanks / Like

To protect my floors I use Husky liners. I like them better because they’re pliable. Once they’re loaded with crap you can still remove them without spilling. The weather tech are to brittle and have no give. I do have the weather tech regular rubber floor mats which I like. But they don’t do much good in wet and snowy weather. My floors always seem to get wet underneath. Probably from my foot resting in the wrong position while they were wet. So a liner is a must have. And I keep them in all year for 100% protection. Keep in mind these new carpets are nothing more than cardboard. Now as far as cleaning the liners, I use soapy water. Then I used mother’s back to black. I had no issues on my liners as far as being slick. Of course you should try a test spot and see if they’re slick on yours. My mats have been in my truck for 2 years. JMO

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    To protect my floors I use Husky liners. I like them better because they’re pliable. Once they’re loaded with crap you can still remove them without spilling. The weather tech are to brittle and have no give. I do have the weather tech regular rubber floor mats which I like. But they don’t do much good in wet and snowy weather. My floors always seem to get wet underneath. Probably from my foot resting in the wrong position while they were wet. So a liner is a must have. And I keep them in all year for 100% protection. Keep in mind these new carpets are nothing more than cardboard. Now as far as cleaning the liners, I use soapy water. Then I used mother’s back to black. I had no issues on my liners as far as being slick. Of course you should try a test spot and see if they’re slick on yours. My mats have been in my truck for 2 years. JMO

Nice truck!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. I hated to put a plow on it, but I only need to do my driveway.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@Orangevee, Thank you for the video. I enjoy watching your videos and I know how much work goes into making them. Trust me, I was asked by my Mustang Ecoboost forum guys to do a few videos. I had an entire week with an Audi TT to cover every topic. At the end... I hate every bit of what I shot. Plus not to mention the learning curve and amount of time to use the Adobe CS editing software. (and I have a huge background in Audio Prod & Pro Tools...).

I too have Weather Tech liners in all my vehicles. I live in AZ now and we have what's called "Arizona Accent"... What that means is after a nice hike in the desert, and your hiking shoes are all sand-colored, so does the car and interior become sand colored.

When I lived in NH, I saw the results of many carpets where folks just had rubber mats or just plain OEM mats, and after years of dragging ice-melt, slush, dirt, and salty snow, it eats the fibers of the carpets.

Having the high walls of the floor liners, whether they be WT or another brand, ensures that the surrounding carpeted areas don't fall victim to the harsh chemicals used to melt ice and snow. It's also a real treat to lift a disgusting floor liner up and see a pristine carpet underneath.

The video is a great demo on how to clean the floor liners, and is pretty much how I do it. The only step I do not do is the treatment of the trim-shine. I'm all about mitigating risk and I don't want to take the chance of someone's foot slipping or worse, transferring it onto a break or gas pedal.

The liners are there for a reason and that is to defend the carpet... Keeping the interior clean, and the value of the vehicle higher by protecting the OEM carpeting. This comes in handy for those that like to trade every few years, or leases.

Again, thanks for the video..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast