autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to clean rubber mats!

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    @Eldorado2k

Was it you forever ago that posted you thought those rubber specific cleaners like M37 tire and rubber rejuvenator really excel in the area of cleaning floor mats and leaving them looking fantastic?

I feel like whenever I use an APC on mine they always come out looking a little funky once dry. If that was your post, I’ve considered getting a 16oz bottle of one of those products just for that purpose lol
    I’m not Eldo, but I cleaned my rubber mats yesterday with M37 Floor Mat and Cargo Liner Rejuvenator (although you may be talking about the trim rejuvenator) and it cleaned well and the mats had a slight stickiness after... then I made the mistake of protecting with Megs Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer which slightly darkened them, but made them slick.

I won’t be using trim/rubber sealants next time when I do my wife’s mats... I will leave the M37 floor stuff on as it seems it works really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    @Eldorado2k

Was it you forever ago that posted you thought those rubber specific cleaners like M37 tire and rubber rejuvenator really excel in the area of cleaning floor mats and leaving them looking fantastic?

I feel like whenever I use an APC on mine they always come out looking a little funky once dry. If that was your post, I’ve considered getting a 16oz bottle of one of those products just for that purpose lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that was my post. Thanks for the mention.

Post Thanks / Like

Pan, nice video. Thanks for sharing.

I look on this forum all the time but don’t comment much. However, this time I was compelled to say something. Some members here are overly critical. The guy says “how to take a dirty floor mat like this, and end up w a clean one like this”. Who cares if it’s the same exact one on the thumbnail. He probably had to shoot a few times to get the video right. If I take my pressure washer or conventional hose and blast it I can get most of my dirt off my dirty mats. When it dries it still goes back to that off color but the dirt is off. I don’t think Pan was dishonest in anything he said. I think some of you beat him up on the beadmaker video and now anytime you see him post you just want something to continue ragging about.

Anyway; back on topic. Soap and water only for me. I never dress the mats for fear of it getting slippery.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, hmardown, K370Z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Hum... is it? Water based dressing are not slippery when dry. But even if they were, the mat has no effect on your control of the vehicle, nor can you slip and fall while you are sitting. Not sure in what situation them being slippery would put you in any sort of danger. I never dress the pedals because that is potentially dangerous. That is the only real potential danger I can see. And even then, during the winter when you get in your car and the soles of your boots have snow in them, it make them slippery yet doesn't really affect your driving.

I think people are more careful than needs be on some of these things.
    Logic, finally!

This has more to do, actually, EVERYTHING to do with the fact that OrangeVee isn't liked by some people here, plain and simple.

I commented on his YouTube channel what I use on the mats, the WeatherTech combo of cleaner/protectant (I've used carwash soap too when lightly dirty) and it works great, I even made a thread for it here too. These products are made to work with the mats THEY make and there's NO WAY in hell they going to sell a protectant for the mats that's going to put the buying public in danger, surely!

Once again, thanks for the on point, logical post here!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Thanks Calendyr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    Pan, nice video. Thanks for sharing.

I look on this forum all the time but don’t comment much. However, this time I was compelled to say something. Some members here are overly critical. The guy says “how to take a dirty floor mat like this, and end up w a clean one like this”. Who cares if it’s the same exact one on the thumbnail. He probably had to shoot a few times to get the video right. If I take my pressure washer or conventional hose and blast it I can get most of my dirt off my dirty mats. When it dries it still goes back to that off color but the dirt is off. I don’t think Pan was dishonest in anything he said. I think some of you beat him up on the beadmaker video and now anytime you see him post you just want something to continue ragging about.

Anyway; back on topic. Soap and water only for me. I never dress the mats for fear of it getting slippery.
    Another "BAM" post!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Logic, finally!

This has more to do, actually, EVERYTHING to do with the fact that OrangeVee isn't liked by some people here, plain and simple.

I commented on his YouTube channel what I use on the mats, the WeatherTech combo of cleaner/protectant (I've used carwash soap too when lightly dirty) and it works great, I even made a thread for it here too. These products are made to work with the mats THEY make and there's NO WAY in hell they going to sell a protectant for the mats that's going to put the buying public in danger, surely!

I don't think OrangeVee is disliked. Granted I did not follow the entire thread about Beadmaker but the point I and some others made in that thread was that making videos that are basicly promotional without any critical elements to them was not doing anyone a service. While I still think that, I really like Pan. I think he makes fantastic videos and like his personality. Doesn't mean I need to agree with him on everything and I gave me opinion in the hopes of helping him, not to bash him.

Videos like this one he did about cleaning mats is perfectly all right. It helps enthousiasts and is well presented. Some commented negativelly here and I understand that this is a very basic aspect of detailing, but if you don't know how to do it, you have to learn it somewhere... and a nice video presentation is the best way to do it IMHO.

I haven't tried the Weathertech products. I assume they are simply an APC/Degreaser and a water based dressing or maybe something more durable that is not slippery once dry.

As Mike says: Find something you like and use it often

9. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I said in the beginning don't use APC to clean floor mats but noooo one listened to me lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Logic, finally!

So let me get this straight, You get to disagree with him and correct his method... But when anyone else does it it’s because we must be part of the so called group of people here that just don’t like him “plain and simple”

Post Thanks / Like

Talking about WT-mats so I will ask all. I have them in brown and gray and my issue is the areas of wear tend to show lighter color due to scuffing. I have the WT-tech protectant and it does not bring back the original color. Any else have the same issue or better treatment product. And for the record I hate slick mats.

Curious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    Talking about WT-mats so I will ask all. I have them in brown and gray and my issue is the areas of wear tend to show lighter color due to scuffing. I have the WT-tech protectant and it does not bring back the original color. Any else have the same issue or better treatment product. And for the record I hate slick mats.

Curious
    I have the Weathertech black floor liners and sometimes I use diluted Simple Green (pH of 8.45) and sometimes I use the dedicated Weathertech cleaner. There is little difference in the results or cleaning ability of either solution. The Weathetech protectant does seem to enhance the non-wear areas but does not hide the scuffing or discoloration.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast