autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Video: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax VS P&S Bead Maker VS Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating!

Hi guys,

This week, I answer a huge request of my viewers to have a battle of the spray-on paint protectants. Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax VS P&S Bead Maker VS Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating. We'll talk about gloss, slickness, chemical resistance, hydrophobic properties, price, etc. We'll submit the paint protectants to a chemical torture test as well.

Enjoy the video!

In English:

En Français:

2. Thanks 392hemi, BillE thanked for this post
    Likes Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax VS P&S Bead Maker VS Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating!

Just awful results on the durability tests. I would love to see those same tests done to the better known paint sealants to gauge if anything is going to stand up to those elements besides a true paint coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax VS P&S Bead Maker VS Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating!

I guess if I ever run out of Eraser I can mix up some APC+Degreaser+Fallout remover..

Post Thanks / Like

Panel needs to be washed with something like Reset in between test, a spray and rinse really proves nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Panel needs to be washed with something like Reset in between test, a spray and rinse really proves nothing.
    Good point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    Hi. First, thanks for the constructive criticism. I want to remind people that this was my first "VS" comparison test and I am human. I wanted to make sure I covered all the bases in making sure we test the same panel, on a daily driven car with imperfections, on the same day, with appropriate curing times, a decontaminated and IPA'd panel, etc. I even wanted to make sure the products were applied to a daily driven car, that hasn't been polished, to mimic real world scenarios where people want to apply a quick boost in protection and gloss, but don't have the time or experience to fully polish their car. Some have pointed out that having oxidized paint might interfere with the products properly bonding to the paintwork.

Upon reading some comments, I will make the following adjustments in a next test:
    - make sure the panel is polished to remove any oxidation that might interfere with the products bonding
    - make sure that I wash the panel with a pH neutral soap and then rinse to make sure I remove any residue from the chemicals that might be masking the protectant. Some have recommended not to use a soap, as that could potentially leave residue behind, but rather use an IPA wipe or panel prep like Dupli Color Wax & Grease remover.

We all learn and I am open to constructive criticism. But regardless of their durability, I would still recommend a proper ceramic coating application as a base layer, and use these three products as "toppers" during maintenance washes, to boost the coating's performance and extent its durability, plus add gloss and slickness to the paint.

8. Likes JMak97008, VitreousHumor, axel06, sixsix liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice video and appreciate the time and effort to do this, however, you are comparing apples to oranges to bananas.

10. Likes Klasse Act, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job as always. I love Bead Maker, I am not concerned about durability as I wash my car each week and add a coat of Bead Maker. For me there is nothing as slick and glossy. I always find you videos very informative. I mixed up some ECH2O/Distilled water and Reload after watching one of you videos. I thought was a great combo, especially since I don't care for Reload by itself. Again great job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Great job as always. I love Bead Maker, I am not concerned about durability as I wash my car each week and add a coat of Bead Maker. Again great job.
    I 100% agree with you on that as it's the same for me. Although my viewers wanted to see this chemical resistance test, that point is lowest on the priority scale for me as the most important factors in my case are gloss and slickness. For durability and resistance to chemicals, I have base layers of ceramic coatings that are there for those duties (good coatings will resits chemicals in the range of pH 2-3 all the way up to 12-13 on the pH scale). So for maintenance washes, I like to use good toppers that will boost gloss and slickness, like Bead Maker or CarPro Reload, Kamikaze Over Coat, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Nice video and appreciate the time and effort to do this, however, you are comparing apples to oranges to bananas.
    Yeah I agree, one is for beauty (Beadmaker), one is for durability (Adam's) and one is accessibility (Meg's)...sorry, could not come up with something better for Meg's, kinda soured on it due to the sprayer issue.

I think Adam's H2o Guard and Gloss vs. Meg's would be a better test, especially since initial application is similar.

Overall though, I'd like to see a real world test and not this chemical test. Sure it would take some time but with so many people subscribed to the channel they'll always see the update when it comes out. Keep up the good work PanVideo: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax VS P&S Bead Maker VS Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes Rsurfer, VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast