autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Dogma, Beadmaker is glossier and more slick than those products because those are its strong points, the other products emphasize durability and looks next. Like you said Beadmaker is perfect for your needs, perfect. As long as people fully understand that Beadmaker ISN'T about durability it's all good, 1 month max seems to be the rule of thumb.

I can't wait to use Beadmaker when it gets warmer...heVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time., I can't wait for it get warmer.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 1:1 ratio of Beadmaker/Sonax BSD does on my car. Will it maintain the glossy looks of Beadmaker and add more durability from the BSD or will they work against each otherVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Very interesting combo BM and BSD! Will be intresting to see what you think about it.

Dogma: Was that 20F and you did the wash outside too? I tested a waterless wash last year and it had been down to that temperature during the night and was just above 32F when testing it. That was no fun LOL. It started to freeze on the paint when I started to wipe it off. Just tried Ech2o and it was around 40F after it had snowed. That worked great though. The temperature is going down and up like crazy here in Sweden the last couple of weeks. So I gently wiped the snow off the hood with the snow brush I have. Did not take in the consideration that water is a great solvent on it's own LOL. The mess it got got me to get the Ech2o bottle diluted to 1:10 and a couple of mf towels and a drying towel to clean the mess up of what I did LOL. Don't think that it been such a mess if it's had been unprotected paint. Now it's Sonax Spray and Seal on the car and it's sure still there under all the dirt. But impresive that Ech2o works below the freezing point. That I did not thought after the freezing mess last year with another brand of waterless wash. If this weather holds up a little longer I think I'm going to a coin op wash with a PW. And finish it off with waterless wash with Ech2o.

Post Thanks / Like

Ech2o is just an awesome product, I will always have it in my collection. Been using RW/WW since joining AG and have used probably a dozen of them, all performed well and there was a time where I thought nothing could be better than Duragloss RW...then Wolfgang Uber RW came along and it was tops, ended up getting a 2nd gallon even because I went through it but then the mic drop that is Ech2o came out and it was game, set, matchVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

After the testing of "Brillant Maker" is done I'm going to have to mix Ech2o and Beadmaker in some way. The question here is ratio, I usually make gallons except with Brillant Maker because I went 1:1 but obviously there's no going 1:1 Ech2o/Beadmaker, gotta figure this outVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ech2o is just an awesome product, I will always have it in my collection. Been using RW/WW since joining AG and have used probably a dozen of them, all performed well and there was a time where I thought nothing could be better than Duragloss RW...then Wolfgang Uber RW came along and it was tops, ended up getting a 2nd gallon even because I went through it but then the mic drop that is Ech2o came out and it was game, set, matchVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

After the testing of "Brillant Maker" is done I'm going to have to mix Ech2o and Beadmaker in some way. The question here is ratio, I usually make gallons except with Brillant Maker because I went 1:1 but obviously there's no going 1:1 Ech2o/Beadmaker, gotta figure this outVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Maybe the Merlin Elixir ratio to start with? Is it 20oz water 1oz concentrate Ech2o and then 1oz of Bead Maker. Or maybe start with a 0.5oz BM and ad another 0.5oz BM if you think it's good. Could be that you could use more of BM in it too.

I will definitely be useing Ech2o more. Have been a little to afraid of useing WW or RW. But since both cars is in the need of a polishing it's game on LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Maybe the Merlin Elixir ratio to start with? Is it 20oz water 1oz concentrate Ech2o and then 1oz of Bead Maker. Or maybe start with a 0.5oz BM and ad another 0.5oz BM if you think it's good. Could be that you could use more of BM in it too.

I will definitely be useing Ech2o more. Have been a little to afraid of useing WW or RW. But since both cars is in the need of a polishing it's game on LOL
    Well, if its 20 oz distilled water, 1 oz of Ech2o I might do 2 ounces of Beadmaker, stay "tuned"Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

6. Likes SWETM, dman68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I think he meant bead maker vs kenotek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct, I'm not comparing to Hydroblue. It would be a replacement for Kenotek when I run out of my current bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Kenotek in my collection, guess I need to try it out again and pay attention. This is what happens when your hit by the runaway train that is BeadmakerVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Our DD has 2 coats of BSD and after last wash did 50/50 mixture BSD / BM as a drying aid. Some slickness but not like pure BM. So far with rain snow weather here car does look cleaner. If its warm when I get home and do a quick rinse the dirt does come off easier.

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Kenotek in my collection, guess I need to try it out again and pay attention. This is what happens when your hit by the runaway train that is BeadmakerVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Yeah, I would be curious what you think of both.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, different products for sure, across the board!

Half the price but 1/4 longevity... baller value proposition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Very interesting combo BM and BSD! Will be intresting to see what you think about it.

Dogma: Was that 20F and you did the wash outside too? I tested a waterless wash last year and it had been down to that temperature during the night and was just above 32F when testing it. That was no fun LOL. It started to freeze on the paint when I started to wipe it off. Just tried Ech2o and it was around 40F after it had snowed. That worked great though. The temperature is going down and up like crazy here in Sweden the last couple of weeks. So I gently wiped the snow off the hood with the snow brush I have. Did not take in the consideration that water is a great solvent on it's own LOL. The mess it got got me to get the Ech2o bottle diluted to 1:10 and a couple of mf towels and a drying towel to clean the mess up of what I did LOL. Don't think that it been such a mess if it's had been unprotected paint. Now it's Sonax Spray and Seal on the car and it's sure still there under all the dirt. But impresive that Ech2o works below the freezing point. That I did not thought after the freezing mess last year with another brand of waterless wash. If this weather holds up a little longer I think I'm going to a coin op wash with a PW. And finish it off with waterless wash with Ech2o.
    I love ECH2o as a RW. Yes, I did wash it outside, of course I used a gallon of almost hot water and 3 capfuls ( from a ONR bottle) of ECH2o. I also filled a spray bottle with the solution to presoak each panel. The MF wash cloth was very cold after each panel.I used a new MF for each panel.

I personally do not like BSD, I don't like the feel of the surface after its applied and its too finicky for me. this is another product I wanted to like it because I love all Sonax products. I was also thinking of mixing ECh20 with BM. I also had another thought because Powerlock is so slick, I thought about combining it with Jesscar paint refresh or possibly PA HG. I always just end up just using the BM by itself, its so easy and looks so good, I am afraid that combining it with anything will diminish the looks and slickness.

I would like to see P&S make a Bead maker rinse less wash product.

14. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes cullen2505, SWETM liked this post
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast