autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While I think V’s videos are good and well put together, it appears to me his objective here seems to be self serving.

His “contributions” to this site, other than links to his videos, seem non existent.

Do you read any other threads than your own here?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you offer any advice or help to solve another member’s problem.

To me an honest review contains the negatives too if warranted. It is possible to possible to say that a product is good in some aspects, but not so good in others without bashing it.

If companies are paying attention here, like McKees does, they can listen and make improvements.

In my opinion you are just upgraded version of member alfierenadhie.

Personally, I’m done increasingly your hit count.

Just my opinion.

4. Likes The Guz, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just trying to put things in perspective here. Maybe I missed some posts or something but I have not seen anyone say your videos are bad. People are commenting on aspects of some of your videos, but that doesn't mean that the channel is bad. And you are right that your subscriber count shows that people like your content.

In my case, I just don't like the aspects I mentionned about your latest content. Again, as a pro, this is useless content for me. In the past you have done video I have enjoyed a lot. Hense the suggestions to adjust the presentation. But as I said, in the end you are the one who decides who you are making videos for. So if the end users like it when you go through a product line and tell them what each product does, then there is no reason to stop. On the other hand, you can't expect pros to enjoy that sort of things. And a large percentage of the regular viewers on this forum are pros... so yes expect people here not to be wowed when you promote a product that is very average. The last video I watched from you was about Hydrosilex. Again that is a very overhyped product making pretty extravagant claims, almost as bad as F11. So the issue with that is that it will damage your credibility.

Anyway, I am sorry it turned into a shouting match. I gave comments to try to help you, but you seems to take that as a personnal attack. Nobody is perfect and feedback is a good way to improve. You are doing so many things very well, I don't understand why you won't even consider taking an other angle to product reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used Bead Maker but I would like to say that slickness is very overrated, unless you enjoy fondling your car. Two products that I have used, Sonax PNS and IGL Ecocoat Premier are not super slick but are two of the best products I have ever used. I prefer performance and longetivity to slickness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    So I've just read how several users think it's not bad, but not the best either. My question is, why bother using something that you know isn't the best? Yeah it may be pretty cheap for a small bottle, but so what? Are you going to offer your customers inferior products because they're cheaper or always try and use the best that you know of?
    Agreed but the bottom line of bottom lines is this, YOU have to buy the product first so in turn YOU can make an informed comment posted by YOU.

Pan is just being confident with his credentials, I mean I can see where that could rub some people the wrong way but he's successful in his lot in life as well as his YouTube ventures, just deal with it. If you like it, watch it, if you don't, move along, pretty easy. I'd like to share a story with the group that may or may not help this but here it goes.

I used to be subscribed to Matt Farrah's YouTube channel called the Smoking Tire. He drove alot of interesting cars, so I watched and enjoyed it, even bought a t-shirt. Fast forward to Labor Day weekend 2017, my wife and I and 3 other couples were flying to Cancun and I had downloaded one of Matt's podcasts where he had his best friend Larry Kasilla on, owner of AMMO NYC. Through the video they talked about cars and detailing as well. At the end of the video Matt told Larry he'd put a link to Larry's business in there and then this gem came out of Matt's mouth..."I'll put a link to your detailing services but it's not like anyone here is going to be able to afford you, they're watching YouTube videos!" ....and proceeds to have a hearty laugh about it. At that point right there I unsubscribed from The Smoking Tire because I knew right then and there how he felt about his fan base. I mean myself and thousands like us watched his videos and guess where, YouTube. I may be one but I said my peace about it on his channel and had a number of people agree while others said the opposite, good for them. I never told anyone they were stupid for watching his videos but rather I didn't watch them anymore because of how he disrespected his entire audience and that rubbed me the wrong way.

In closing is it asking too much for people to just try the product and THEN comment about it? I know people don't like Pan and his confidence but he isn't the owner of P&S Beadmaker, just a fan of the product, don't hold that against the entire company, wake up out there! I mean when you upset a Canadian you have really crossed the line, I say this tongue in cheek as well as seriously. I'm waiting for Pan to drop the "we've got 23 World Championships" on your guys headsVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes mbkite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Pan is just being confident with his credentials, I mean I can see where that could rub some people the wrong way but he's successful in his lot in life as well as his YouTube ventures, just deal with it. If you like it, watch it, if you don't, move along, pretty easy.

In closing is it asking too much for people to just try the product and THEN comment about it? I know people don't like Pan and his confidence but he isn't the owner of P&S Beadmaker, just a fan of the product, don't hold that against the entire company, wake up out there! I mean when you upset a Canadian you have really crossed the line, I say this tongue in cheek as well as seriously. I'm waiting for Pan to drop the "we've got 23 World Championships" on your guys headsVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Amen to that. My thoughts too. It's quite possible somebody doesn't like a product after testing it. But another person could very like that very same product. I'm fine with that. What ever works in each person's world. Why would I think less of someone who likes a given product? Who am I to judge them? If they like it, great. If they don't, I'm cool with that too. Because it doesn't change MY life. I will continue to test products and they have to meet my criteria, regardless of what XYZ Youtuber says, or XYZ forum member says.

And to think my Bead Maker videos aren't even sponsored... LOL. I haven't been paid a single penny by P&S to talk about it. I now wish I had seeing all the traffic these videos generated and having heard bout the sales too. But the bottom line is I discovered this product through super nice guys and pro detailers at The Rag Company. Those guys are legit and super nice people. I got to test it first hand and thought it was great. I still waited to test the product back home during two full months before releasing my videos, as this is my process typically. Sometimes you're impressed with a product at first use, but then when you test it on multiple cars, different conditions, you realize it may not live up to the hype. I was pleased to see that this product did surpass my initial thoughts and is now part of my detailing arsenal. Plus, I'm not sold to one specific brand. I'm as free as it comes. So when I find better products, I start using those. 007 was one of those recent great finds for spray-on sealants and was tops in my books too (until I discovered BM). Phil from Auto Fanatic has been in the car industry for decades and really wanted to create an awesome product in 007 Gloss Enhancer and he did. Super nice guy as well. Great product. Nothing bad to say bout him neither.

Oh by the way, I liked your "when you upset a Canadian you really crossed the line" LOLOL. You should trade mark that!

Have a great evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Pan, speaking of "hype", how about the long anticipated arrival of the magical foaming wheel cleaner that's been "coming soon", soon being a relative termVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time. If these guys knew about IT it could double what this thread is, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still curious as to why he won't answer my questions. I was just trying to get him to add his credentials to this discussion.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Agreed but the bottom line of bottom lines is this, YOU have to buy the product first so in turn YOU can make an informed comment posted by YOU.

Pan is just being confident with his credentials, I mean I can see where that could rub some people the wrong way but he's successful in his lot in life as well as his YouTube ventures, just deal with it. If you like it, watch it, if you don't, move along, pretty easy. I'd like to share a story with the group that may or may not help this but here it goes.

I used to be subscribed to Matt Farrah's YouTube channel called the Smoking Tire. He drove alot of interesting cars, so I watched and enjoyed it, even bought a t-shirt. Fast forward to Labor Day weekend 2017, my wife and I and 3 other couples were flying to Cancun and I had downloaded one of Matt's podcasts where he had his best friend Larry Kasilla on, owner of AMMO NYC. Through the video they talked about cars and detailing as well. At the end of the video Matt told Larry he'd put a link to Larry's business in there and then this gem came out of Matt's mouth..."I'll put a link to your detailing services but it's not like anyone here is going to be able to afford you, they're watching YouTube videos!" ....and proceeds to have a hearty laugh about it. At that point right there I unsubscribed from The Smoking Tire because I knew right then and there how he felt about his fan base. I mean myself and thousands like us watched his videos and guess where, YouTube. I may be one but I said my peace about it on his channel and had a number of people agree while others said the opposite, good for them. I never told anyone they were stupid for watching his videos but rather I didn't watch them anymore because of how he disrespected his entire audience and that rubbed me the wrong way.

Ya... I don't know if that joke is really to make fun of his audience, or the price of the products. Humor is such a subjective thing. One of the comedian that makes me laugh, hard, everytime I watch is Craig Fergusson. And Craig keeps saying how nobody is watching him and that maybe he is offending his ownly viewer, that soft of thing... It's a joke, it has no base in reality. And in the case of Matt and Larry, both of their audiences are on youtube, and in the case of Larry I am pretty sure that is (or was) the only advertizing he did for Ammo... so I doubt they would think no-one watching the videos would not be able to afford his products.

As for the if you don't like it, move on comment. I agree with you, but in this case Pan clearly wants us to watch, so expressing what we like and dislike about his content should be helpful to him if he chooses to listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to be clear, I was only talking about Matt Farrah, not Larry Kasilla and it's not his products Matt Farrah said people watching the videos couldn't afford but rather Larry Kasilla's detailing services. Is he right, for the most part yes but you don't gloss the entire viewing audience like that, cheap shot that in the very least can be thought but not said, it would be the "Klasse Act" way to go about it.

As far as Larry Kasilla goes, well, I bought the Frothe+ kit because i wanted to see what AMMO NYC was all about. The idea of a foaming WW was something I had never heard of, then I watched the video for it by Larry Kasilla. When you listen to the presentation, hear and feel the passion, his hands on nature of the product and what goes into it, well, for me it was a done deal! Once I got the kit I got after it and was blown away! The airetor is such a quality design and build and when you combine that with the product itself and technique for using it, well, the proof is RIGHT THERE INFRONT OF YOU, a clean car done in a unique way. A product is also added to Frothe+ that evaporates, so if you happen to miss a spot or some runs out, no problem, it's all good. This kit came with 2 six packs of mf towels, orange for the car and dark blue for the wheels, the later to be used because of the color it's ok to stain them up, I didn't go that route, I have "junk" towels for this. The Frothe+ kit really came in handy when I went to the Dragon this year. It's a 593 mile drive to get there, 10 hrs and lots of bugs and grit but the Frothe+ kit killed it and the car came out spotless. Could I have used the regular WW like N914 or Ech2o, sure, but I wanted to give this a try since it was new as well as a new process with the foaming nature for a WW. The fact that it's a foaming product gave me an additional layer of protection for the bugs and road grit, foams lifts and breaks things down and is wiped away, awesome!

Now to bring it home and maybe it's different because Larry Kasilla is the owner and it's not in his best interest to compare 2 or 3 products but he could but in this case your buying not only the product but the person selling it and in this case, when you watch the AMMO NYC vids, the knowledge and passion is in every bottle, it's just up to YOU to buy/try it out, the only difference with Pan is he doesn't make the products, he buys, sometimes are given products to try and then he reports the results in HIS videos. I'm sorry but I don't understand any of this but being away for 7 monthes and coming back to find this thread really has me scratching my head and I can't wait to get my bottle because I have NO YouTube channel, no social media presence (except here and commenting on other detailing YT channels) and once I try it I will report back right here, no need for a separate thread since this ones "established" and give you guys MY thoughts. I have my own mind, paid my own money and if it's good, great and if not, well, I have lots of other toppers for my TAC system coated car....thank you, enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving everyone Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast