autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 484
  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    So I've just read how several users think it's not bad, but not the best either. My question is, why bother using something that you know isn't the best? Yeah it may be pretty cheap for a small bottle, but so what? Are you going to offer your customers inferior products because they're cheaper or always try and use the best that you know of?

  2. Dislikes Beerwulf76 disliked this post
  3. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    To think THIS product, at $10.00, brought out all this, simply amazing, you can't buy this type of publicityVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what I was telling myself. It's just insane. How an inexpensive product led to all this. 7 pages of back and forth about how some dislike my videos or my style. GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES! Don't people have better things to do? I'm amazed at how much wasted time there was typing up the reasons why some don't like my videos... Matt from Obsessed Garage had warned me about me liking Bead Maker. He took a lot of flack from his audience when he reviewed Bead Maker. And today, everyone wants it and it's flying out of his store shelves. I think a lot has to do that the product had been hyped in the past year, so people simply assume it's not a good product. Well, it is a great product. I don't care what anyone says. It works in my world, in my conditions. Everyone around me who has tried it now can't live without it. If people don't like it, well that's ok too. Just move on with your life and stick to what works for you.

    I have to focus on the fact my channel is still one of the biggest car detailing channels on YouTube. PERIOD. We're approaching 200,000 subscribers and 20 millions views by year's end. As far as channels owned by a single person (not a company), only Larry from AMMO NYC (who has been in some of my videos) has more subscribers. So by reading these posts here, I should feel horrible and shut down my channel. But the truth is a lot of people appreciate what I do for the detailing community and appreciate my videos. The proof is in the stats. If I was bad, I would have zero subscribers.

    Now for the Negative Peters out there, I have this question... Why would people subscribe to my channel if my content isn't good?? Hmmm. I hope those Negative Peters aren't implying that my viewers are idiots. They're humans who want to learn how to take care of their cars and there's nothing wrong with that. I like to think that my videos make detailing ACCESSIBLE to the average Joe, the weekend warrior, and even pros who need to polish up on techniques or learn about new products and brands. I have been detailing cars for over 21 years and simply wanted to share my life's passion with my viewers. And thank God I'm blessed with an awesome audience. Because based on what I have been reading in replies from a few people in this post, it would make it seem that I can't do good videos.

    Now another thing. To those Negative Peters. If you think you have the ultimate knowledge as it seems you to know what I SHOULD BE doing in my videos, why don't you start your own channel and see how you do? I'd be curious to see how thick skinned you would be if you let people knock on your door (because my channel is like my house for me, I let people into my life) and start bashing you and telling you why your videos are horrible...

  4. Likes mbkite, Klasse Act liked this post
  5. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

    If he's talking about an entire product line he can't go into great detail about each product or the video would be long and lose 75% of the audience. I think Pan tries out products in different ways and brings the results of THOSE products to the masses. We don't know about the countless product he HAS tried out that didn't live up to expectations and that's because a review like that is negative and he just chooses not to go down that route. Trust in a reviewer is key and IMO if he's showing it it's been vetted and a great product.
    It seems you understand me and my style. Thank you.

  6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
  7. #74
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    10,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    @Orangevee. You make yourself look so bad with every post...Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.
    Your little ego trip provides a chuckle... Actually, itís more like a huge ego trip youíre on.

    And speaking for me personally, I couldnít care less about Bead Maker. I certainly donít harbor any hate towards Renny Doyles Double Black line of products. I bought a gallon of Carpet Bomber and Iím happy with how it works. [I even posted a review]
    So I donít know where people even think thereís some sort of fanboyism going on 1 way or the other. I donít see it.

    At the same time Iíve already said that I probably wonít be getting some because I donít really use the toppers I already have on my shelf. Beadmaker isnt the biggest buzz Iíve seen come around lately or anything worth talking about flying off the shelves or whatever. You act like theres a million views to your recent vid or something. Take it easy...

  8. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @Orangevee. You make yourself look so bad with every post...Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.
    Your little ego trip provides a chuckle... Actually, it’s more like a huge ego trip you’re on.
    Hahahah. You always say you'll stop writing, you'll stop answering, you'll move on... Yet here you are OVER AND OVER again. You type a lot of crap, yet nobody understands your point. What point are you trying to make? Ok, you don't like Bead Maker. Congratulations. It amazes me how a product worth less than 20$ got you all pumped up. WOW. If that's all you need to start running your mouth and trying to denigrate others, I don't know how you go through life without people just not wanting to talk to you anymore. You're a "senior member" of this forum, yet all I read from you is negative comment after negative rant in this post. You're supposed to be the example for others and be polite and respectful.

    There are ways to get a point across without having to bash or point fingers. I can just imagine you watching TV and looking at ads of things you don't like, and picking up the phone to call a given company and tell them how much crap their fries taste like. Then a bed sheets commercial comes on, and you disagree with the way they say it's the best cotton sheets, so you type up an e-mail blasting them and send it to their customer service. Then a peanut butter commercial comes on, and a football star endorses the product, so it HAS TO BE BAD right? So you go to the next game, meet up with the player and punch his lights out yelling "Stop saying that peanut butter is good!"

    Now I really want you to start a channel and show us, oh grand master, how it's done. Show us how talented you are, and how people are just going to love everything you have to say. Show us how amazing you are (or think you are) because after all, I don't get a million views right? AHAHAH.

    Now, I can't wait to see what garbage you'll type up next. Let me get my pop corn oh grand master. Oh wait, senior member.

    Somebody in the management of this forum needs to put you back to your place. I'm pretty sure you think you have a special aura about yourself and that you're the best thing that happened to this earth since sliced bread. Well you sure don't impress me. But wait, you don't care about that right?

  9. #76
    Senior Member rangerbay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Enterprise, Al.
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerbay View Post
    How many cars a year do you detail? Do you have a shop, mobile, or at home? I'm also curious how you can test thousands of products a year? In post 54, I think, you state you test thousands of products a year!


    I do watch a lot of your videos, and like most of the ones I have seen. I appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes into producing these videos,

    Bill
    No response?

  10. #77
    Senior Member BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    To think THIS product, at $10.00, brought out all this, simply amazing, you can't buy this type of publicityVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I think perhaps Eldo and OrangeVee are actually in on this together...drumming up imagined controversy to get Beadmaker out there in front of people!!! Its collusion, its conspiracy, its intrigue!!! Guerilla marketing at its finest!!

    Call the Autogeek cops! No wait, they're just as biased towards Autogeek only products! Wherever can we find true objectivity??

    Oh yeah, we can't...cuz this stuff is all a matter of opinion.

    I watch some Pan vids, have no issues really, sponsored or not although that aspect does influence my perception just a bit...but so what? I consider them informational but certainly not the be all, end all of indisputable fact...I'll decide that for myself. They're entertaining as well and well done, IMO.

    And if they aggravate one to the point of contention, why watch at all? We are not droogies here, unable to turn away...or are we?

  11. #78
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    45,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Just to chime in....

    First - I have not read this thread or watched the video. Been a tick busy since returning from the Atlanta Roadshow testing products, taking pictures and writing reviews.


    With the above said, I'd just like to point out something I've been pointing out for years now in threads like this one...

    If you slow down and take a moment to think about it... the fact that we are all talking to one another on a car detailing discussion forum shows we have more in common than in differences.

    Try your hardest to simply take the high road. A lot of people throw that cliche around kind of loosely but on this forum, do try to practice it. Maybe... take a moment to THINK about what your about to post and then before posting it... take a walk around the block and get some fresh air. Then re-think about what you wrote and ask yourself...

    Is this really worth it?


    Of course it's okay to disagree but seriously guys... we have more in common than we do in differences and there's enough room on this Planet Earth for everyone to have their own opinion, like or dislike their choice of detailing products and at the same time travel through this journey called life with more friends than enemies.


    I met Pan at SEMA - super nice guy. I've met many of you via other venues and everyone I've met has always been the kind of person I would be happy to help me detail a car.


    Peace
    Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Training Credentials
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter


  12. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
  13. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    That's exactly what I was telling myself. It's just insane. How an inexpensive product led to all this. 7 pages of back and forth about how some dislike my videos or my style. GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES! Don't people have better things to do? I'm amazed at how much wasted time there was typing up the reasons why some don't like my videos... Matt from Obsessed Garage had warned me about me liking Bead Maker. He took a lot of flack from his audience when he reviewed Bead Maker. And today, everyone wants it and it's flying out of his store shelves. I think a lot has to do that the product had been hyped in the past year, so people simply assume it's not a good product. Well, it is a great product. I don't care what anyone says. It works in my world, in my conditions. Everyone around me who has tried it now can't live without it. If people don't like it, well that's ok too. Just move on with your life and stick to what works for you.

    I have to focus on the fact my channel is still one of the biggest car detailing channels on YouTube. PERIOD. We're approaching 200,000 subscribers and 20 millions views by year's end. As far as channels owned by a single person (not a company), only Larry from AMMO NYC (who has been in some of my videos) has more subscribers. So by reading these posts here, I should feel horrible and shut down my channel. But the truth is a lot of people appreciate what I do for the detailing community and appreciate my videos. The proof is in the stats. If I was bad, I would have zero subscribers.

    Now for the Negative Peters out there, I have this question... Why would people subscribe to my channel if my content isn't good?? Hmmm. I hope those Negative Peters aren't implying that my viewers are idiots. They're humans who want to learn how to take care of their cars and there's nothing wrong with that. I like to think that my videos make detailing ACCESSIBLE to the average Joe, the weekend warrior, and even pros who need to polish up on techniques or learn about new products and brands. I have been detailing cars for over 21 years and simply wanted to share my life's passion with my viewers. And thank God I'm blessed with an awesome audience. Because based on what I have been reading in replies from a few people in this post, it would make it seem that I can't do good videos.

    Now another thing. To those Negative Peters. If you think you have the ultimate knowledge as it seems you to know what I SHOULD BE doing in my videos, why don't you start your own channel and see how you do? I'd be curious to see how thick skinned you would be if you let people knock on your door (because my channel is like my house for me, I let people into my life) and start bashing you and telling you why your videos are horrible...
    Unsubscribed from your channel

  14. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

    Thanks Mike, we can use a little more of that sentiment in the world today.

  15. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bead Maker
    By PaulMys in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2019, 09:17 PM
  2. Bead Maker question
    By Sports Fan in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-17-2019, 07:13 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-02-2019, 12:17 AM
  4. Bead Maker?
    By abileneautoworx in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 01-10-2019, 07:11 PM
  5. Video: Part 2: P&S Bead Maker tutorial and review!
    By OrangeVee in forum How to Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2018, 02:11 PM

Members who have read this thread: 13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» March 2020

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1234