autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    I respect your opinion. You're certainly entitled to one, as is anybody. However, I respectfully disagree on the points you brought up. It's not because I make a video about a brand that this has to be a "bad thing". A big part of detailing are the actual products. The goal of my brand review series (unlike my tutorials series) is to introduce brands to viewers and explain what the products do in the lineup. Not everyone watching my videos is a professional. Many are beginners, enthusiasts, weekend warriors, etc. I love sharing my knowledge with everyone and educate people. Part of the education is talking about a product, and explaining how to use it. It might seem obvious to you, but it isn't for many. And that's a big reason why my channel has grown so quickly. I explain things in easy to understand videos so people can buy a product knowing it will be good and they'll know how to use it.

I've said this many times, but the reason why my reviews are positive, is because if I choose to do a video review, it's about a product or a brand that I already love and have tested over weeks, or months, or even years in my detailing career. I don't like to spread negativity, you will never find that on my channel. That's not what I'm about. If you want Youtubers that bash companies, that like to talk negative about products, there are many out there. I am sure you have seen their videos. It doesn't make them better detailers because they can knock a product or say "this is the worst product ever, don't buy this guys!" My question always is, why did you waste your time doing a video about a product you don't like? And maybe that product didn't work well for YOU, but it could work well for someone else, in their world. But by saying it's bad, you put it in the person's head that it's terrible and they might not even give the product a chance. People work for those companies, not machines. It's their livelihood. How would you feel if people starting bashing your company online and saying "Don't go to that detailer's shop, he's horrible" because they had a bad experience with you. It could be damaging to your reputation and your income.

If I don't like a product or a brand, I simply don't do a video about them. It's that simple. I test thousands or products per year, more than any other Youtuber that I know, literally, and you can't imagine how many I just throw away. I don't have to waste my time and my viewers' precious time to tell them how bad of a product X or Y was...

I hope that clarifies things a little bit.

Too bad you stopped watching my videos, I'm sure you'd still find many good ones. And we can't forget the fact I'm the only one out there doing them in English and French. Very few people realize just how much effort making videos takes. It's insane. Detailing alone requires so much energy and effort. I'm sure you can attest to that. Imagine filming on top of that! And restarting twice for everything as you shoot in two languages...

That's why I take it to heart when people leave comments.
    I think you misunderstand what I meant. So let me clarify. I am not talking about product bashing. What I am saying is that no product is the best at everything. So for example, when you do a line like Geyon, and you make it sound like every product in that line the best thing since sliced bread, and then the next video is about say CarPro and again you only praise every product... the message that comes out is that you are making a sales video for each brand. Understand what I mean?

You can present the products you want and the do it the way you want, and I totally agree with you that presenting products you like is a great way to go about it. Maybe explaining why you like say Meguiars Fast Finish over an other product is X, Y, Z reason would make it more ... logical?

Anyway, the detailers are probably a very small part of the audience for you. I would assume most of your viewers are people just wanting to take care of their own cars, so the way you present your material might be great for that market. The reason I brought it up is that you post here and a great deal of the members of this forums are professionals and we probably look at the material a different way.

As for making videos, yes, insane amount of work. I have had plans to make several videos for my own clients and I keep procrastinating because it requires so much time and effort on top of the crazy amount of time and effort the actual detailing takes. Typical detail is 8 to 14 hours for me. Just the idea of having to set camera up, try to light the scenes correctly, and making B-Rolls and narration and then spend 20 hours editing the video feels like it's too much.

2. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    In closing would you like his vids more if they were unprofessional like that guy Jimbo, I mean really, talk about "shoot from the hip"Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.
    I like Jimbo's videos exactly because it's so unprepared, let's have a look at this together feel. Jimbo doesn't make claims, doesn't try to sell a product, he just does a test on video. I often comment on his videos with things he did not think about or aspects I think he should have done differently but overall I think his approach is good, at least for pros. I think he is targetting a different audience than Pan.

There are a few good people making videos about detailing, and often it comes down to personnal preferences on how the products should be presented. For example, I have watched countless videos of Scott from Dallas Paint correction... and I have stopped watching him too. I don't mind the way he shoots and doesn't edit, but latelly it seems all he does is videos trying to sell stuff. And everytime it's the same script of he has been trying this product for 6 months and it's the best thing since sliced bread. I really hate that. If he is doing it, it's probably what his audience wants, but it's not for me.

To conclude, I think that Larry from Ammo NYC and now Pan makes the most professional videos. I just wished Pan would focus less on product lines and more about comparissons and processes. But if his audience prefers product presentation videos, it makes sense to focus on them. He has the stats to see what is popular, I don't

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m not going to get into a super long post, but all I’m saying is when a person posts what they’re calling a “review” it should be more than a direct copy & paste of what the label says... It should provide their own insight and opinions based on their experience with it. Not simply “so and so wash & wax cleans your vehicle and leaves glossy carnauba wax protection behind” next product/next label to read, etc.

IMO That’s not a review.

Now does my opinion towards what he’s doing really matter? It shouldn’t matter to the point where someone else gets distraught over it, no. Afterall there’s no forbidden rules or anything like that going on. He can call it a review if he pleases, just like I can think that he’s got no clue what the definition of review actually means.
    When I think of reviews, apex detail and forensics detail lead the pack by a large margin in terms of in depth, objective reviews. They just present the information in a way that’s palatable and feels genuine and honest.

I don’t want someone to read the label for me, because I can find that info myself, googling a product isn’t difficult. I want someone to show me the product working, give me their insights on what it is and isn’t good at.

Being honest about the downfalls of a product or products within a product line isn’t bashing, it’s just being honest.

I unsubscribed from pan some time ago, and it wasn’t because I didn’t like his content. It just wasn’t aimed at me. Everything he says I can pretty much find on the Autogeek product description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Klasse Act, Eldorado2k, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Apex and Forensic without a doubt, Forensic in particular does both comparisons and certain products at times. I also like Pan because it's sometimes a line I've never heard of and he's also positive, I'm sadly a negative person but have positivity sometimes, LOL. Scott from Dallas Paint Correction and Luxury Microfibers IS now a salesman because he just launched his own company, Luxury Microfiber. This is a tough business to get into but the products DELIVER, period! I've made 2 purchases so far, bought some Christmas gifts there as well. He poured out his life story, you might wanna watch that and reevaluate your thoughts about him, I know I did!

The last couple posts here give a firm, well thought out opinion and I appreciate this, wish we heard more comments like this than just dartsVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

To think THIS product, at $10.00, brought out all this, simply amazing, you can't buy this type of publicityVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    To think THIS product, at $10.00, brought out all this, simply amazing, you can't buy this type of publicityVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

I’ll have you know, that’s 10 crisp George Washington’s.

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

{Me, thinking out loud.}

Sometimes, Companies “pick” the
    wrong ’Celebrity’ spokesperson.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I’ll have you know, that’s 10 crisp George Washington’s.

...a THOUSAND PENNIES, oh yeah shipping to 60007, so that's TWO THOUSAND, ONE HUNDERED AND SIXTY PENNIES in my case!

Post Thanks / Like

Follow the money trail, everything is the greatest.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by a anonymous source that Bead Maker is going to sell out and every one will blame Pan

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast