autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Thanks for your support! To answer your questions... For some, including myself, slickness (or slippery feel) is very important, as there is an awesome satisfaction when you're done detailing your car and you run your fingers on the paint, or the backside of your hand. That in turn also helps with water sheeting which is always a plus in my books. Call me crazy, but I know many who just love a slick feeling paint. I can just stand there in my garage looking at a car I just finished detailing for 10-15 minutes.

And for the emotions... I have an outgoing personality. That's just who I am. Some are more reserved, or laid back, I'm outgoing, happy, etc. I like to think I transmit my passion for detailing to my viewers. If I can light a spark in people for that craft, I have done my job.
    You do that very well, Pan! I'm a longtime viewer and enjoy your video. Between you and Matt with OG, you guys have put a dent in my bank account lol. I actually picked up the IK sprayer and a gallon of Bead Maker just the other day after watching your review and then referring back to Matt's video as well. Both of your reactions made me believe it was a product that belongs in my arsenal. Don't let the negativity on here get to you. Keep up the great content, buddy!

2. Likes Klasse Act, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I should put my two cents in or not. But I like you so I want to let you know how I feel about it.

I used to like your videos a lot. I think you have a very good presentation, the video quality is excellent and the editing is good.

I no longer watch your videos. The reason is that at some point, you started making videos that look like infomercials to me. You take either a product or a brand and all you do during the video is praise everything without a single bad comment about them. Also you went from showing processes to just talking about the products. You say you are not sponsored, but as a viewer that is not the message that is coming out. So maybe you could re-evaluate your process and try to come out with a more balanced approach.

I imagine it's pretty hard to keep putting out videos about a detailing, but when you go down the product review, or product presentation route, it's really not interesting for professionals. Maybe you could do products comparissons instead. For exemple your video about tire dressing was interesting to watch.

Hope this helps.

4. Likes Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelplayr5 View Post
    You do that very well, Pan! I'm a longtime viewer and enjoy your video. Between you and Matt with OG, you guys have put a dent in my bank account lol. I actually picked up the IK sprayer and a gallon of Bead Maker just the other day after watching your review and then referring back to Matt's video as well. Both of your reactions made me believe it was a product that belongs in my arsenal. Don't let the negativity on here get to you. Keep up the great content, buddy!
    Thanks I appreciate the support! Matt is a great guy and we finally met in person at SEMA and kicked things off amazingly well. We share the same passion and obsession for detailing. . He's been in one of my videos before, but it was nice to actually meet him in person. We're going to continue to collaborate more in the future. And I have other special guest appearances in the works... So stay tuned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    You take either a product or a brand and all you do during the video is praise everything without a single bad comment about them.
    I respect your opinion. You're certainly entitled to one, as is anybody. However, I respectfully disagree on the points you brought up. It's not because I make a video about a brand that this has to be a "bad thing". A big part of detailing are the actual products. The goal of my brand review series (unlike my tutorials series) is to introduce brands to viewers and explain what the products do in the lineup. Not everyone watching my videos is a professional. Many are beginners, enthusiasts, weekend warriors, etc. I love sharing my knowledge with everyone and educate people. Part of the education is talking about a product, and explaining how to use it. It might seem obvious to you, but it isn't for many. And that's a big reason why my channel has grown so quickly. I explain things in easy to understand videos so people can buy a product knowing it will be good and they'll know how to use it.

I've said this many times, but the reason why my reviews are positive, is because if I choose to do a video review, it's about a product or a brand that I already love and have tested over weeks, or months, or even years in my detailing career. I don't like to spread negativity, you will never find that on my channel. That's not what I'm about. If you want Youtubers that bash companies, that like to talk negative about products, there are many out there. I am sure you have seen their videos. It doesn't make them better detailers because they can knock a product or say "this is the worst product ever, don't buy this guys!" My question always is, why did you waste your time doing a video about a product you don't like? And maybe that product didn't work well for YOU, but it could work well for someone else, in their world. But by saying it's bad, you put it in the person's head that it's terrible and they might not even give the product a chance. People work for those companies, not machines. It's their livelihood. How would you feel if people starting bashing your company online and saying "Don't go to that detailer's shop, he's horrible" because they had a bad experience with you. It could be damaging to your reputation and your income.

If I don't like a product or a brand, I simply don't do a video about them. It's that simple. I test thousands or products per year, more than any other Youtuber that I know, literally, and you can't imagine how many I just throw away. I don't have to waste my time and my viewers' precious time to tell them how bad of a product X or Y was...

I hope that clarifies things a little bit.

Too bad you stopped watching my videos, I'm sure you'd still find many good ones. And we can't forget the fact I'm the only one out there doing them in English and French. Very few people realize just how much effort making videos takes. It's insane. Detailing alone requires so much energy and effort. I'm sure you can attest to that. Imagine filming on top of that! And restarting twice for everything as you shoot in two languages...

That's why I take it to heart when people leave comments.

7. Likes VitreousHumor, SirFrederick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I respect your opinion. You're certainly entitled to one, as is anybody. However, I respectfully disagree on the points you brought up. It's not because I make a video about a brand that this has to be a "bad thing". A big part of detailing are the actual products. The goal of my brand review series (unlike my tutorials series) is to introduce brands to viewers and explain what the products do in the lineup. Not everyone watching my videos is a professional. Many are beginners, enthusiasts, weekend warriors, etc. I love sharing my knowledge with everyone and educate people. Part of the education is talking about a product, and explaining how to use it. It might seem obvious to you, but it isn't for many. And that's a big reason why my channel has grown so quickly. I explain things in easy to understand videos so people can buy a product knowing it will be good and they'll know how to use it.

I've said this many times, but the reason why my reviews are positive, is because if I choose to do a video review, it's about a product or a brand that I already love and have tested over weeks, or months, or even years in my detailing career. I don't like to spread negativity, you will never find that on my channel. That's not what I'm about. If you want Youtubers that bash companies, that like to talk negative about products, there are many out there. I am sure you have seen their videos. It doesn't make them better detailers because they can knock a product or say "this is the worst product ever, don't buy this guys!" My question always is, why did you waste your time doing a video about a product you don't like? And maybe that product didn't work well for YOU, but it could work well for someone else, in their world. But by saying it's bad, you put it in the person's head that it's terrible and they might not even give the product a chance. People work for those companies, not machines. It's their livelihood. How would you feel if people starting bashing your company online and saying "Don't go to that detailer's shop, he's horrible" because they had a bad experience with you. It could be damaging to your reputation and your income.

If I don't like a product or a brand, I simply don't do a video about them. It's that simple. I test thousands or products per year, more than any other Youtuber that I know, literally, and you can't imagine how many I just throw away. I don't have to waste my time and my viewers' precious time to tell them how bad of a product X or Y was...

I hope that clarifies things a little bit.

Too bad you stopped watching my videos, I'm sure you'd still find many good ones. And we can't forget the fact I'm the only one out there doing them in English and French. Very few people realize just how much effort making videos takes. It's insane. Detailing alone requires so much energy and effort. I'm sure you can attest to that. Imagine filming on top of that! And restarting twice for everything as you shoot in two languages...

That's why I take it to heart when people leave comments.
    What about when you say something like “this is Carpro Reload, it’s a spray on........... and it lasts 6 months. Next product is”

I dunno about anyone else, but IMO that’s a poor excuse for a “review” of a product because you’re basically just reading the label of the product and your viewers then go and take your word for it, leaving them to find out the hard cold truth once they actually try Reload for themselves and find out it lasts maybe 3-4 weeks if they’re lucky.

Carpro Anti Fog...

Hydrosilex or whatever it’s called...

I don’t keep up with all your videos so I could be missing a ton more products, but off the top of my head you’ve “reviewed” those products which are known to either suck or not live up to the claims on their labels, yet you preach the words on the label as if it’s realistic to expect it to live up.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eldo, think about my review of 303 Tire Balm. Now I had great success with it, except 1 particular application and to this day I can't explain this. My buddy Derek has used it with great success but when you tried it it didn't work at all for you, right? So on the forum your opinion was it was a flop while others had great success with it, I think this is one point Pan is trying to get across to some degree.

If he's talking about an entire product line he can't go into great detail about each product or the video would be long and lose 75% of the audience. I think Pan tries out products in different ways and brings the results of THOSE products to the masses. We don't know about the countless product he HAS tried out that didn't live up to expectations and that's because a review like that is negative and he just chooses not to go down that route. Trust in a reviewer is key and IMO if he's showing it it's been vetted and a great product.

In closing would you like his vids more if they were unprofessional like that guy Jimbo, I mean really, talk about "shoot from the hip"Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Eldo, think about my review of 303 Tire Balm. Now I had great success with it, except 1 particular application and to this day I can't explain this. My buddy Derek has used it with great success but when you tried it it didn't work at all for you, right? So on the forum your opinion was it was a flop while others had great success with it, I think this is one point Pan is trying to get across to some degree.

If he's talking about an entire product line he can't go into great detail about each product or the video would be long and lose 75% of the audience. I think Pan tries out products in different ways and brings the results of THOSE products to the masses. We don't know about the countless product he HAS tried out that didn't live up to expectations and that's because a review like that is negative and he just chooses not to go down that route. Trust in a reviewer is key and IMO if he's showing it it's been vetted and a great product.

In closing would you like his vids more if they were unprofessional like that guy Jimbo, I mean really, talk about "shoot from the hip"Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

As far as the 303 Tire Balm, I’ve never tried it. Remember you had recommended it to me but I really didn’t have a need for another tire product especially in that size so I probably wouldn’t be interested... The only 303 product I’ve tried since their new re labeling is the 303 Metal Polish.

I’m not going to get into a super long post, but all I’m saying is when a person posts what they’re calling a “review” it should be more than a direct copy & paste of what the label says... It should provide their own insight and opinions based on their experience with it. Not simply “so and so wash & wax cleans your vehicle and leaves glossy carnauba wax protection behind” next product/next label to read, etc.

IMO That’s not a review.

Now does my opinion towards what he’s doing really matter? It shouldn’t matter to the point where someone else gets distraught over it, no. Afterall there’s no forbidden rules or anything like that going on. He can call it a review if he pleases, just like I can think that he’s got no clue what the definition of review actually means.

If you’re going to put yourself out there and yearn for some recognition or fame, then you outta bring some thicker skin along for the ride, because everyone’s bound to have different opinions. You gotta learn how to either roll with the punches, or sometimes just let them roll off your back. Maybe now I get why lurkers lurk.

I’m having a hard time finding the words to end this post because I don’t want to offend the guy again, so I’ll just leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Would Jimbo get all bent out of shape if he saw your post calling him unprofessional? I’ll go out on a limb and guess probably not. People can disagree about things sometimes, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they have to hate each other or think 1 person is bashing everything else they believe in.

12. Likes tuscarora dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am as transparent as it gets with my viewers. My Bead Maker videos aren't even sponsored. I haven't been paid a single dime by P&S to present Bead Maker. It's that good. When I do sponsored videos, I actually mention it in the video and in the description under the video, as per YouTube regulations. I don't hear many detailing Youtubers being up front with their audience like I am. When's the last time you heard somebody say their video is sponsored? Hmmm, very rare. Do you guys honestly think they don't get paid for some of those videos?

That being said, if it's done the right way, even sponsored videos are important for a channel's growth. People don't realize that there's a cost to doing videos. Equipment, computers, editing software, trips left and right to cover events like SEMA, purchase of products, equipments, tools, etc. People watch the video for free. It doesn't cost viewers anything. So as a channel gets bigger, it's normal that the gained attention leads to some sponsored content. I have been detailing for over 21 years now, and simply want to share my passion with my viewers and hopefully that comes through in my videos guys.
    How many cars a year do you detail? Do you have a shop, mobile, or at home? I'm also curious how you can test thousands of products a year? In post 54, I think, you state you test thousands of products a year!

I do watch a lot of your videos, and like most of the ones I have seen. I appreciate all the hard work and effort that goes into producing these videos,

Bill
    Last edited by rangerbay; 11-21-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: clarify my post.

Post Thanks / Like

I attended a workshop at Autogeek where Renny Doyle was demonstrating Bead Maker. One thing he stressed, was to allow curing time for this product. Since AG was having a promotion sale, I went ahead and picked up a bottle. Easy application like any spray and wipe product, pleasant smell too. And, I gave it a couple hours to cure in the garage. It looked great afterwards. I wouldn't say it's the best ever, but, it was certainly worth a try when you can find it on sale.

15. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast