autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    This is somewhat hypothetical because I haven't sold detailing in quite a while and will be using this product for the fleet of handicap accessible rental vans I maintain.
    Given what I've seen using Beadmaker on coated and bare paint, the size of vans in general and my personal desire for keeping them looking good with minimal effort (especially the roofs), I'd not choose Beadmaker due to the limited longevity it is likely to provide and the lack of self-cleaning it provides in comparison to some other options.

At the bare minimum I'd use something like IGL Premier or similar, perhaps Gyeon CanCoat....something that, in the end, will provide far better performance w/ respect to keeping things clean with little effort. Fleet vehicle use and maintenance has (in my experience) a different set of criteria than your standard Autogeek-ish desire for OCD-like appearance. Fleet vehicles are things that need to look best from 3ft away, always giving a freshly washed appearance (relatively) with little to no maintenance cuz who's got time for that? Small scratches and marring are not as great a concern as keeping a decent appearance as you tool about your town. From what I've seen on Beadmaker so far (and granted it's only been a week) it's more of an instant-gratification product (great gloss, slickness and economy of use) but doesn't have the 'legs' to stand up to the rigors of fleet use without some scheduled maintenance plan.

While more lasting products will certainly be more of a cost issue initially, the savings in time going forward will likely make that a wash. Who knows, perhaps some of the new sprayable SiO2 coating products (Mothers, Meguiars, Adams, etc.) priced more competitively than what has been out there in the past, would suit your needs as well at a lower price point?

Can't say for sure as it's only been a week w/ the Beadmaker on a variety of surfaces but early indications are that it would require more frequent applications to meet the appearance needs of a fleet vehicle, conditions that could be better served by some other products that will require less labor to use/maintain vehicles with. As always, each situation is different and YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

All applications were dry. Both cars were hit pretty heavily for the first application (not quite dripping), and then subsequent applications on my car were done with less product - About the same as any other quick detailer I would use.

The silver car was done in temps of about 60 degrees. The black car's first application was about 45 degrees outside, and about 50 degrees in the garage where applied. Follow up applications were in the garage with outside temps in the high 20s, and garage temps in the mid 40s.

I used a gold plush microfiber towels for both "application" and follow up wipes to eliminate streaking.

When you say "something on the paint", what might be there? Both cars were washed (black car with N-914), and again, the LSPs were High Def Sealant and a coating. Although I didn't do a panel wipe, I wouldn't think there would be anything on the surface that would affect application.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

"From what I've seen on Beadmaker so far (and granted it's only been a week) it's more of an instant-gratification product (great gloss, slickness and economy of use) but doesn't have the 'legs' to stand up to the rigors of fleet use without some scheduled maintenance plan." - BudgetPlan1

This was said way better than I said it, but that's pretty much my view. Thanks for putting the words in my mouth!

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have s gallon of BM waiting but haven’t tried it. Probably won’t until weather warms a bit in March. I have no experience to knock it having not used and having already purchased, but reading its pros and cons, it sounds exactly like DG Aquawax to me (which I’ve used extensively).

Similar price (bottle and gallon), very slick, good beading/self-cleaning but not quite up to coating quality. A couple weeks to a month longevity. Nice looking gloss.

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This....^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I mean't thoughts on how it would work. I knew someone probably did this already just didn't hear about it yet.

I’ve heard it add longevity but v07 is basically a QD so don’t know how that would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’ve heard it add longevity but v07 is basically a QD so don’t know how that would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VO7 doesn't compare to either of these products Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you use BM on top of McKee's 37 Hydroblue?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Would you use BM on top of McKee's 37 Hydroblue?
    I would maybe halfway through its life because that stuff is pretty glossy on it's own.

Beadmaker is 1 month max for durability, period.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a ceramic coating that I occasionally hit with Hydroblue. I'm wondering if when I wash I should hit it with BM as a drying aid. I currently use Kenotek. May have to give BM a try after I use up.

13. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast