autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Pan, I just watched the latest Bead Maker video this morning and thought it was great! Liked the shocking humor as well. I had already ordered it on Cyber Monday and it will be delivered this coming Monday. I know you've taken a lot of undeserved heat here lately. Question: how do you like it on glass? And is there any recommendation on the lowest temp that it will still cross link? Maybe 50F?

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pan, your irrational exuberance �� convinced me to by a bottle. If I like it as much as you, I'll buy the gallon later and use it to refill the small bottle. Considering how many bottles of $39.99 product I've purchased I don't see much risk.

My bottle should arrive tomorrow, but I don't foresee temperatures here getting out of the forties anytime soon, so it will be a while before I can make my own judgement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmhammer View Post
    Pan, I just watched the latest Bead Maker video this morning and thought it was great! Liked the shocking humor as well. I had already ordered it on Cyber Monday and it will be delivered this coming Monday. I know you've taken a lot of undeserved heat here lately. Question: how do you like it on glass? And is there any recommendation on the lowest temp that it will still cross link? Maybe 50F?
    Heheh glad you liked the funny intro. I got a lot of heat on this forum for saying I actually liked the product and that for me, it was a game changer. As more users are reporting their testing here, they seem to agree. And the more people try it, the more I suspect they will like it too. And if somebody doesn't like it, that's fine too. I was just reporting my findings. Thanks for your support though!

I like Bead Maker on all exterior surfaces, including glass. I even use it as a quick interior detailer as a "last touch" kind of product.

I don't know how low you can go for temperatures, but I keep my garage heated at 12 Celsius in the winter here in Canada (54F) and it works great.

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I decided to use Beadmaker last night, but I went a different route, check it out. After I did my pre-wash, 2BM and post wash last night, I decided to use Beadmaker on my Abarth. I decided to do a wet application for my initial coat. I made sure I had good coverage and dried with The Sucker, came out great. When applying it wet the water runs away from the product, LOL.

I did the entire car the same way, only had to buff due to how much water/product was in The Sucker but the car looked great, time for round #2, LOL. Now that the car was dry I decided to do a dry application, maybe noone has done it like this but I decided to. I sprayed a complete coverage coat but no more and dried off with a 16 x 16 Griot's PFM towel, a great combo! I finished the car, as well as the 16 oz bottle, hitting the wheels. The car will sit the entire weekend, so cure time is not a problem. Temps down in the garage, when I applied it, was 48 (36 outside) and this weekend it's going to be well into the 40's both days, so it's going to be well over 50 down in the garage.

I'll be going down to the garage to apply a 2nd coat of a brand new tire dressing in a little bit so I'll be able to inspect the finish after its cured overnight and into the morning. Here's some pics:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes mbkite, MadMerc, fries, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ok, I decided to use Beadmaker last night, but I went a different route, check it out. After I did my pre-wash, 2BM and post wash last night, I decided to use Beadmaker on my Abarth. I decided to do a wet application for my initial coat. I made sure I had good coverage and dried with The Sucker, came out great. When applying it wet the water runs away from the product, LOL.

I did the entire car the same way, only had to buff due to how much water/product was in The Sucker but the car looked great, time for round #2, LOL. Now that the car was dry I decided to do a dry application, maybe noone has done it like this but I decided to. I sprayed a complete coverage coat but no more and dried off with a 16 x 16 Griot's PFM towel, a great combo! I finished the car, as well as the 16 oz bottle, hitting the wheels. The car will sit the entire weekend, so cure time is not a problem. Temps down in the garage, when I applied it, was 48 (36 outside) and this weekend it's going to be well into the 40's both days, so it's going to be well over 50 down in the garage.

I'll be going down to the garage to apply a 2nd coat of a brand new tire dressing in a little bit so I'll be able to inspect the finish after its cured overnight and into the morning. Here's some pics:

Looks great, but a whole bottle!?
    Looks like I'm going to need a bigger bottle when I apply it to my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post

Well, I went overkill here but on your Fusion, doing it the way they say to do the initial application, your going to use a fair amount. Maybe stick with the painted surfaces first, then, when you see how much you have left, move onto the glass or wheels.

I'll be going down to the garage in about an hour to inspect the car, I'll report back about the Beadmaker, not the newly released tire dressing (not sold here)

10. Thanks MadMerc thanked for this post
    Likes MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post

Entire bottle for that size car isn't at all realistic in terms of quantity of product you'd use. I've done two full-size trucks and a SUV with one 16oz bottle and i still have about 3oz left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheelplayr5 View Post
    Entire bottle for that size car isn't at all realistic in terms of quantity of product you'd use. I've done two full-size trucks and a SUV with one 16oz bottle and i still have about 3oz left.
    So you didn't apply it the way its recommended, how has it held up for you? 2 trucks and 1 SUV and only used 14 ounces, that's about 4.5 ounces per vehicle, that seems light unless you already laid down your heavy, initial coat?

Post Thanks / Like

An entire bottle of anything for that tiny car does seem wasteful and not very cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    An entire bottle of anything for that tiny car does seem wasteful and not very cost effective.
    Agreed, but I wanted to try a different method for application, that's all and I said as much. When I get my gallon I will not do this, heck, I might not use it for quite a while even as I've got many other products in my collection but I see myself hitting the car with a coat the night before a cars and coffee or while at the show, makes a great conversation starterVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast