autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Pan, speaking of "hype", how about the long anticipated arrival of the magical foaming wheel cleaner that's been "coming soon", soon being a relative termVideo: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time. If these guys knew about IT it could double what this thread is, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh boy! I can just imagine! LOL And I wasn't even paid to talk about that wheel cleaner when it won first place in my awards video! Imagine that. . The product has changed formulas and is still in final stages of production, as Phil (owner of Auto Fanatic) had to change chemists and there are all the logistics behind creating and selling a new product. He's been through a lot of stress with all this and it will make me think twice before starting my own line of products one day. He is a hard worker and is passionate about what he does and that's always nice to see. I can't wait to put my hands on the final production version of his product and see how improved the new formula is and of course report back to my viewers.

2. Likes fries liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rangerbay View Post
    I'm still curious as to why he won't answer my questions. I was just trying to get him to add his credentials to this discussion.

Bill
    Hi Bill,

Sorry about that. It wasn't intentional. I just don't go back and read all the comments, just the ones where I felt a personal attack from a few members. So I got side tracked on the rest.

I don't feel the need to add to my credentials nor do I feel the need to justify anything to anyone. People either want to watch my videos or they don't. I'm fine with either or. YouTube is filled with content creators, and each person finds a Youtuber they appreciate or connect with. That's the fun of having millions of channels to choose from.

But to answer your questions. I probably detail 125 to 150 cars yearly. I'm lucky enough that many of my customers allow me to film their vehicles and post videos. I respect people's privacy so I always ask them before I film to see if they're 100% okay with it. I only do full detailing packages, complete interior and exterior restoration or new car prep. I detail from home. After 21 years of detailing, I know can choose my jobs and I don't have to be mobile anymore or run after the 50$ wash n wax jobs like when I first started. You have to work super hard to build your reputation and gain customers in the beginning. Every detailer out there has probably been through the same. When I had my new house built, I made sure the garage was made entirely for detailing. I made a video about my garage too. For the products, yes you understood that correctly. Over a thousand products yearly. How? It's quite simple. Just in the "brand review" series I do, I usually present pretty much the entire lineup of detailing products from a given brand. One brand alone can have 50 to 75 or more products some times. I have dozens and dozens of such videos. In my English playlist alone, I have 51 brand review videos. So it ads up suuuuuuuuper quickly. I am not sold to one specific brand. Rather, I'm always in the pursuit of finding the best products, or the greatest brands and simply present my favourites. There are countless hundreds of products also being sent to me which never make it on my channel because I simply don't like the products after testing them. Many detailing Youtubers with big channels like mine go through the same ordeal. Every brand wants to have exposure on bigger channels, I get that. Their marketing departments don't always take the right approach though. I like to get to connect with the brand, talk to the people behind the products, the owners, see how the business is run, and so on.

For example, I got to have a discussion over the phone (and then in person at SEMA) with Bob and Dave Phillips, brothers and owners of P&S. I was awesome to see all the family history of 60+ years behind products, and the fact that Dave is the chemist behind the products and they do their own blends of Bead Maker in house. I like geeking out over those things. Also, by meeting with the people at The Rag Company, I was able to see for myself how nice that family run business is, and how amazingly well they treat all their employees. They could have shut their doors to me, as they don't owe me anything. Or even super nice people that are industry legends like Mike Phillips and Renny Doyle who I personally had chats with at SEMA. All have been super nice to me and have never expected anything in return. Well I love helping those brands reaching broader audiences, as I have viewers across the globe thanks to my videos in English and French. I'm a firm believe that when you're nice with people, good things happen to you.

And thanks for appreciating all the hard work I put into making my videos. Very few people know this, but I can spend up to 15 hours working on a single video, from the actual detailing work, to filming solo, editing, thumbnails, answering questions every single day on YouTube, etc. It's one of my passions along with detailing. I just love sharing my passion.

I hope that answers your questions a bit.

Have a good day.

4. Likes Klasse Act, SirFrederick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    Oh boy! I can just imagine! LOL And I wasn't even paid to talk about that wheel cleaner when it won first place in my awards video! Imagine that. . The product has changed formulas and is still in final stages of production, as Phil (owner of Auto Fanatic) had to change chemists and there are all the logistics behind creating and selling a new product. He's been through a lot of stress with all this and it will make me think twice before starting my own line of products one day. He is a hard worker and is passionate about what he does and that's always nice to see. I can't wait to put my hands on the final production version of his product and see how improved the new formula is and of course report back to my viewers.
    Just watched the Auto-Fanatic video, you'll be able to pre-order the looooooong talked about, much anticipated, "hyped" wheel cleaner before Christmas, LOL! He said it's going to be first come, first served. Because of the concentration level that 32 oz bottle should last a long time, even for me. For a small amount of people in the world (thousands on paper) this product is HIGHLY anticipated and should eclipse Beadmaker from the hype standpoint, stay "tuned".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

It does, and thanks for letting us know a little more about you.

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Nobody here is or was “bashing” the bead maker product.

No offense, but I really don’t think people here are impressed or even interested in your youtube stats or credentials. This is a detailing forum, not a youtube forum. And just because people here like detailing, it doesn’t necessarily mean they even go on youtube to check out detailing related content. I for 1 spend probably the least of my time on youtube checking out detailing videos.

9. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one spend way more time on YouTube than autogeek

I really like Pans videos.

It's super easy to sit back and critique others online.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. Likes mbkite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody cares about youtube stats.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people care.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

I am subscribed to a number of YouTube channels and have gotten a lot of info over the past 7 months away, there is a HUGE world out there, filled with info, never heard of products here and characters. In no particular order:

-Forensic Detailing

-Pan the Organizer

-Scott from Dallas Paint Correction and Luxury Microfiber

-Car Ckeaning Guru

-Apex Detailing

-Auto-Fanatic

Each offers something different and each one is passionate and knowledgeable and I look forward to each and every new video. Not sure where these get the time to do these videos, I know I couldn't do it but I personally might be helping to do some videos for a rather large company in the future. I told them I'm a motormouth so I hope they have someone great at editing, LOL. I'll try to instill my passion into these vids, if and when they get made and hope they offer info and are fun to watch!

Now you'll have to excuse me, I need to check the status of Beadmaker, hopefully it's in the Land of Lincoln by now!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    I for one spend way more time on YouTube than autogeek

I really like Pans videos.

It's super easy to sit back and critique others online.
    Thanks for your support! . And I agree with you. I spend most of my online time on YouTube as well. That's the new way of learning as most people are very visual and having video and audio to support a tip, trick, technique, tutorial, etc is the new way of doing things. Pretty much everyone I know uses YouTube as their primary search engine now when they want to find out how to do things. How to clean a washer? How to do HVAC maintenance? How to build a PC? How to detail a car? How to unclog a kitchen sink? How to change your oil? And so on, and so forth. I used to be into car detailing forums a lot when I was 16 to 20 years old as we didn't have YouTube back then. Of course, like anything in life, things change and evolve. YouTube has become one of the primary sources of entertainment and learning for many. This platform has allowed people to share with visual and audio support. Even some of the best professional detailers in the world have a YouTube channel. Jim White (from White Details), Larry Kosilla (from AMMO NYC), Jon (from Car Cleaning Guru), Brian (from Apex Detail), Darren Priest (Auto Fetish Detail) are all good examples. They allow the car detailing enthusiast to further understand the craft and learn new techniques, new products, how to use tools, etc. I find it amazing to pass on knowledge to others.

16. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast