autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Video: SONAX Spray and Seal easy spray-on sealant review!

Hi guys!

After my recent HydroSilex review, many of my viewers wanted me to review the new Sonax Spray and Seal spray-on, rinse off paint sealant. So here is my video review!

Enjoy!

2. Likes mbkite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: SONAX Spray and Seal easy spray-on sealant review!

Nice. Never knew it can be used over wax/sealants.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Actually, this is a sealant based spray-on item. It's not SiO2 based like CarPro HydrO2, Gyeon Wet Coat, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

really cool product. I think i'll have to give this a try. I'm not a coater and I've been playing with spray on wipe off "boosters" to my polymer coated cars. The boosters I've tried are spray on wipe off which is fine, but spray on rinse off is certainly a lot easier.

plays well with glass and trim or no?
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video and I agree with all that was said. A couple months ago there was a similar thread here and I said this:

"What an idiot I am! Yesterday I tried Sonax S+S and did it all wrong. I read the instructions, saw the video and read this thread and still did it wrong. I washed my car as usual and rinsed off. Before drying I sprayed on S+S in small areas such as half the hood, the trunk, a door panel, etc. But instead of rinsing it off I skipped that step for a reason that only a higher wisdom knows and went right to drying, using the product basically as I would AquaWax or any other drying aid. Big mistake. Huge mistake! When I finished I looked at the finish from all angles and sure enough, I saw haze on the finish. I needed a QD to work it all out. Not in all areas but there were enough that had haze on them that it doubled my work. I swore I would never use this pos again.

Today I remembered what I did and that it was all wrong so I started all over and washed the car again. This time I did it right and gave a good rinse off of the product before drying the car. What a difference! It had a nice shine to it and only took ten minutes to seal the whole thing, a piece of cake! And no haze whatsoever. I'm nearly 70 years old and this happens now and then so don't make fun of me because it will happen to you guys too some day - and I guarantee that. Anyway, S+S is a good product and does all it claims. I will use it again. Just follow the directions!!"

7. Likes mbkite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a review of how long this actually lasts. It says 6-8 months but it also says you should apply it regularly so it lasts longer and so on. Reload also says 6 months and it only lasts 1 month & I suspect this will be similar.

Post Thanks / Like

In real world conditions, Phil at Detailers Domain regularly gets 3 months of durability with Sonax Spray and Seal hence why I mentioned 3 months. I rather give real world numbers when possible, instead of claims in perfect conditions as manufacturers test.

For Reload, I have been using it for years now, and I typically see 2-3 months durability on cars that are garaged and well maintained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryanviper View Post
    I would like to see a review of how long this actually lasts. It says 6-8 months but it also says you should apply it regularly so it lasts longer and so on. Reload also says 6 months and it only lasts 1 month & I suspect this will be similar.
    I did a real world review on it. Check it out if you’re interested.

Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal
    Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Great video but one question can you use quick detail spray on top of this to add more gloss? Or would it be counter productive as it would just bead up and slide off? thanks