autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Video: NEW CAR PREP of this 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan (black SUV) !!

Hi guys!

Brand new video this week. A new car prep detailing job on a black 2018 VW Tiguan.

Enjoy the video!

In English:

In French:

2. Likes k35fields liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: NEW CAR PREP of this 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan (black SUV) !!

Nice work Pan! Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for watching! . Nice to have the support of the AutoGeek Online forum community!

Post Thanks / Like

An other nice video Pan.

I have a question regarding something you did in the video. After applying CarPro Essence, you used CarPro eracer. Now I might be off on this but I believe this is not a good thing to do. Essence is a coating prep, it should not need to be cleaned afterwards. Also, Essence contains fillers to make the paint flawless, I am thinking that using Eracer could remove some or all of those fillers. Does CarPro recommend doing this process?

Otherwise, great stuff Is this your new vehicle? You never did a follow up video after the one from the car show.

Post Thanks / Like

You polish your entire car and if you want to coat immediately after, then yes even CarPro say you can use Eraser. As Essence bonds to paint, Eraser won't remove it so there's no worries there. If you leave Essence to cure for 24 hours before applying the coating, then you don't need Eraser. If you apply Essence by hand, then CarPro absolutely recommends using Eraser before coating.

No that's not my car. I have the mineral grey BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport that you see in many of my videos. All the other cars are customers' cars.

7. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    You polish your entire car and if you want to coat immediately after, then yes even CarPro say you can use Eraser. As Essence bonds to paint, Eraser won't remove it so there's no worries there. If you leave Essence to cure for 24 hours before applying the coating, then you don't need Eraser. If you apply Essence by hand, then CarPro absolutely recommends using Eraser before coating.
    Exactly this. Well said Pan. The car came out great. Have you had the chance to try out Gliss yet?

Post Thanks / Like

No that's not my car. I have the mineral grey BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport that you see in many of my videos. All the other cars are customers' cars.
    Ok good to know. I have not used Essence before coating yet. Will go check out the procedure on CarPro's website. So you have not decided on a new vehicle yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job, Pan!

A bit off topic, but are those Bose Headphones? I'm looking for something that is sound deadening but will allow me to listen to my music as well and still be durable enough to use while detailing/maintaining my vehicles. You can PM if you like so I don't derail your thread. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok but why do you need to use eraser? You should be able to apply the coating right on top of the essence. Isn't that the whole point of using the essence?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, those are Bose QC35 wireless noise cancelling headphones. They sound great and they block off all exterior noises. Perfect for detailing.

13. Thanks Wknd Dtlr thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast