autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

So after asking and looking on how to clean a tire without a hose, I decided to try a few things and make a video that shows how to do it. This method works very well and allows anyone to do it indoors or anywhere where there isnt a hose available. Hope you enjoy the video and find it helpful!

2. Likes TTQ B4U, Eldorado2k, gspam1, Frank70, Mariana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

Nicely done. Especially helpful for those that may not have running water or as noted, are in the middle of winter or even early spring when it's just not practical to get outside with a hose.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Nicely done. Especially helpful for those that may not have running water or as noted, are in the middle of winter or even early spring when it's just not practical to get outside with a hose.

Than you! Not toooo bad for my second video ever and really looking into premiere pro for about 5 days. Hopefully more to come and even better ones!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video. Good job in front of the camera.How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

A couple of things though, and I’m not trying to be a D, just sayin..

There’s products available that make tire cleaning even easier than that and are truly waterless. For example Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew.

It’s specifically made to be a waterless tire cleaner. Simply spray on and wipe off. [no scrubbing, no wetting]

McKee’s Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator works the same way.

Also, there’s no such thing as “silicon based dressings” I believe the proper term is solvent based dressing. Hyper Dressing, while it’s water based does contain silicons and does attract dust to a certain level, however it’s not that big of a problem on tires [sounds crazy but somehow it just works great on tires]
    But try it on a windshield cowl and it’s a near disaster the amount of dust it attracts. Lol.

6. Likes WaxMaster1, Mariana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee’s Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator works the same way.

Also, there’s no such thing as “silicon based dressings” I believe the proper term is solvent based dressing. Hyper Dressing, while it’s water based does contain silicons and does attract dust to a certain level, however it’s not that big of a problem on tires [sounds crazy but somehow it just works great on tires]
    But try it on a windshield cowl and it’s a near disaster the amount of dust it attracts. Lol.
    man .. for one its just a way .. not the only way to do it. So thanks for the suggestion. Maybe a video with that at some point. also Silicone is right .. solvent is like cleaners and stuff. There are silicone based dressings and water based dressings.

and as far as the doesnt attract dirt as much .. yes they do.. because they are silicone based they dont dry all the way and dirt will stick to them easier than a water based dressing. I should have mentioned less sling with the water based dressing in the video.

Post Thanks / Like

Call Meguiars [1-800-347-5700] and ask them about any of their tire dressings, then ask them if it’s silicone based. The answer I got was “there’s no such thing as silicone based”
    Most dressings contain some form of silicone, even the water based ones [that’s why Hyper Dressing isn’t body shop safe] but that doesn’t mean they’re silicone based.

If someone’s looking for a true silicone free dressing there are some available, for example Meguiars Silicone Free Dressing.

They also make “Water Based Dressing”

And then there’s Hyper Dressing..

And I wasn’t hating on your vid, just sayin because you mentioned it didn’t require any spray bottles or pump sprayers, but then you were spraying a brush before scrubbing and had a bucket of water.. Either ways props on making the video. The more people willing to put together content the better.How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

9. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I wasn’t hating on your vid, just sayin because you mentioned it didn’t require any spray bottles or pump sprayers, but then you were spraying a brush before scrubbing and had a bucket of water.. Either ways props on making the video. The more people willing to put together content the better.How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

ya I get that .. and ya I noticed I said spray bottles .. but I was referring more to the pump sprayers .. but I guess someone could spray enough from a spray bottle to flood the floor a bit. Really the whole thing was about being able to do it without flooding the floor with water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    ya I get that .. and ya I noticed I said spray bottles .. but I was referring more to the pump sprayers .. but I guess someone could spray enough from a spray bottle to flood the floor a bit. Really the whole thing was about being able to do it without flooding the floor with water.
    It’s all good. Nice video. Good work in front of the cam.How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s all good. Nice video. Good work in front of the cam.How To Clean Tires And Wheels Without A Hose 2018!
    Hey thanks man ...I appreciate it!

13. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, well done, RMark! Thanks for putting that together.

15. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast