autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Rinseless wash tutorial featuring ONR !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vue to a kill View Post
    If you're finding dirty towels you may need to do a second pass just like any wash media. If my car is excessively dirty I will do a panel with one side and then go back over it quickly with the other. Towels wipe clean just fine then. The BRS is my favorite wash media for ONR. I can easily do two vehicles with 4 gallons of water and the BRS and two towels. If I'm throwing some OCW on after then there's a third towel.
    Is your first towel to soak up the bulk of the solution?

I’ve used the sponge once, on my gfs admittedly very filthy car, so I didn’t expect it to be the best demonstration. A pre rinse would probably have been a good move, but I’m more of a presoak kind of guy (since a pre rinse isn’t an option for me in the winter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'll actually soak a towel in ONR and then wring it out really well so it's slightly damp. That I'll use to make the first pass drying and get the bulk of the water off. Then I'll grab the dry one to get any remaining moisture. Often I'll give like a half spray of OCW onto the dry towel as a drying/finishing aid but not always. Just depends on my mood. Opti-Seal and Hyper Seal also work. I tend to save the Hyper Seal for after I do correction though. That stuff adds some insanely wet looking shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vue to a kill View Post
    You could have probably contacted OPT if you were that unhappy with it. No reason to literally toss $20 plus shipping in the trash.
    Yeah I could have but it had been over a month and I don't like to complain about stuff i buy to try out, it's a chance you take when trying anything new to you.

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Yeah I could have but it had been over a month and I don't like to complain about stuff i buy to try out, it's a chance you take when trying anything new to you.
    Ah, I gotcha. That makes perfect sense then. And that's very stand up of you to do.

Post Thanks / Like

You said that Mazda had been through harsh Canadian winter, but it looked completely clean before you started... Looked like you were wiping clean paint the whole time, no dirt being wiped away. You should’ve shown the wash bucket afterwards, I bet it was clean as a whistle.Video: Rinseless wash tutorial featuring ONR !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You said that Mazda had been through harsh Canadian winter, but it looked completely clean before you started... Looked like you were wiping clean paint the whole time, no dirt being wiped away. You should’ve shown the wash bucket afterwards, I bet it was clean as a whistle.Video: Rinseless wash tutorial featuring ONR !!
    If you look closely you'll see it was dirty. Maybe not to your standard of dirty, but to my eyes, it was dirty. It's my girlfriend's CX-5, so I know it hadn't be washed since November. It's ceramic coated and that helps with a bit of the big dirt not sticking as much, plus despite our winters, we also have frozen rain days and that helps remove a big part of surface dirt as odd as that seems. But the car was dirty. And anyhow, that's not the point of the video. Once again, I don't understand why some stick on that point, that misses the entire purpose of the video which is to educate on the proper technique and which products to use. Plus, I'll say it again, this method is an ALTERNATIVE to a traditional wash with water and two or three buckets. I only recommend a rinseless wash when access to water is impossible or limited. I would never use this method on a super dirty car.

I don't the people who want to see super dirty, mud covered, disgusting looking vehicles getting washed. My cars aren't like that, and my customers certainly never let their cars get to that point... If you like detailing, your car should never be in such a state in my opinion.

Let's get back to the main topic please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post

Let's get back to the main topic please.
    Back to the main topic of discussing how much we don’t like the Big Red Sponge? Because that’s what every single post in this thread is about, and I didn’t see you scold anybody about that but I just want to make sure..

Post Thanks / Like

I used the GD wash method with Griot's RW the other day and it felt so strange to go back to that. The BRS is just so much easier and I can wash many cars with a single bucket of ONR.

FYI the GG does NOT drop the dirt to the bottom of the bucket so BRS with that product I wouldn't recommend. Cleans very well and also very slick.

Post Thanks / Like

YouTube watch at 5.30 mark..this is the reason I never used the red sponge..If I do rinsless wash I use GD method with many towels..Dont like BRS to be honest..more chances or marring..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

I have no issues with my BRS. Like it enough that I have a second in the package ready to go when the first one fails for some reason. I never used it with ONR though. Only with Uber rinseless and N-914.
    Bruno Soares

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12