autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: OPTIMUM products brand review with special guest Yvan Lacroix!

Great video.

Ive been an OPT fan for years now and I find them to be great...as showcased they are easy to use and a time saver. The process contradicts the standard detailing process in some ways but it does work.
    I have not used all of OPT stuff yet so I was really suprised to see Ferrex used via a snow foam lance...and it seem to work really nice. Does it smell bad as Iron X? Do you think it can be used as clay lube?

Anyways...nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opti View Post
    Great video.

I have not used all of OPT stuff yet so I was really suprised to see Ferrex used via a snow foam lance...and it seem to work really nice. Does it smell bad as Iron X? Do you think it can be used as clay lube?
    Thanks for the positive feedback! Ferrex doesn't smell as bad as all the other iron removers. I wouldn't use it as clay lube though, it's not meant for that. But yes, it also foamed like crazy in the snow foam application as you saw. And it doubles as a tar remover too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Good technique and products for a busy life style. I’ll share the videos with anyone who wants to do something but doesn’t have a ton of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks I appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pan,

Fancy seeing you here! Excellent work and congratulations on your following thus far.

I have to say, I had been tip-toeing near the OPT line and your two videos pushed me over the edge. I’m going to be taking quite a plunge into the line pretty soon and working it into my production level work.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    That was my reaction too at first. It blew my mind and I started thinking about all the techniques I had learned over the last 20 years of detailing. But what we need to keep in mind, is the techniques in the video apply to the OPT line of products. It doesn't change how we work with all other brands of products. So what we've always done still applies with other products.

But with OPT, you use the appropriate techniques and all their products work in synergy. The CEO of OPT, Dr Ghodussi, is the man behind the conception of the clear coat and still does consulting for big clear coat brands like Dupont, BASF, 3M, etc. He knows the clear coat since he helped invent it, so it's natural that he also can formulate products to better take care of a clear coat... When you know that, that's when you understand why OPT products are so different.

I didn't know he was part of the clear coat invention, that's awesome!! I really wanted to meet him at SEMA but never saw him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCDetails View Post
    Hey Pan,

Fancy seeing you here! Excellent work and congratulations on your following thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

I didn't know he was part of the clear coat invention, that's awesome!!

We shot a couple of Optimum TV segments for 2018 and one of them shares this info, that is that Dr. David Ghodoussi is a PhD Organic Chemist that helped to create clearcoat paint technology. The segment goes on to say,

If he's smart enough to make the paint... he's smart enough to make the stuff that goes on the paint...

Then it showcases Optimum Car Wax.

Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com

A chemist that also worked for car paint companies to create modern clearcoat paints
    Dr. David Ghodoussi is a PhD Organic Chemist and his background includes working for many of the major paint companies that make automotive car paints. He was one of the chemists that helped to create modern clearcoat/basecoat paint technology back in the 1980's.

8. Thanks Cruzscarwash, axel06 thanked for this post
    Likes axel06, mc2hill liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12