autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Video: How to detail your engine bay!

Hi guys!

This week's video is all about properly detailing your engine bay. Simple steps, great results.

Enjoy the video!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: How to detail your engine bay!

Nicely done, Pan...
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video demo on a production level engine cleaning/detail. You definitely made it look easy. Helps when you have the right brushes and cleaners. I used to clean engines with just Simple Green and a cheapie wheel brush. Dried with compressed air. It was more of just a cleaning than a detail.

I think one of the more important processes of engine detailing is the drying step. You definitely have that part covered. Engines and small areas are where the MB really dominates.

Reminds me I have to clean my engine bays. My Trans Am needs a more show car engine detail. I should actually remove some plastic pieces and covers to really get it back to like new. Not looking forward to the thought of the labor involved but I'm looking forward to the results

Post Thanks / Like

Pan,

Who are some of your favorite YouTube detailing channels to watch?

I enjoy your channel, Car Cleaning Guru, Esoteric, AMMO, Obsessed Garage, and one of my recent favorites it the Forensic Detailing Channel. I forgot to mention Mike Phillips/AG videos, but with Mike his articles and threads are where you really get the most detailed information.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could summon up the nerve to spray water into my engine bay. Your process looks easy with outstanding results! I have a 2015 Lexus RX350, all I see when I look under the hood are massive plastic shrouds covering the engine. I clean the tops of the shrouds, the underside of the hood, and around the engine bay every so often with degreaser/microfibers and finish with the same spray you used in this video...but I don't remove the shrouds to do a thorough engine detail...too scared of spraying water in there. I feel like its like having a clean house...as long as you don't look in the closets and drawers or under the furniture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiers View Post
    I wish I could summon up the nerve to spray water into my engine bay. Your process looks easy with outstanding results! I have a 2015 Lexus RX350, all I see when I look under the hood are massive plastic shrouds covering the engine. I clean the tops of the shrouds, the underside of the hood, and around the engine bay every so often with degreaser/microfibers and finish with the same spray you used in this video...but I don't remove the shrouds to do a thorough engine detail...too scared of spraying water in there. I feel like its like having a clean house...as long as you don't look in the closets and drawers or under the furniture.
    I know what you mean. I have never detailed an engine bay before today and I certainly don't have the nerve to spray water on the engine. My technique was a 50/50 solution of Simple Green gently sprayed on all surfaces and then wiped with a lot of paper towels to remove the initial grime. Then I repeated the same process with cheap microfiber towels. Then I finished it off with a treatment of STP Son of a Gun. I like how it turned out.

Video: How to detail your engine bay!-img_0548-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I know what you mean. I have never detailed an engine bay before today and I certainly don't have the nerve to spray water on the engine. My technique was a 50/50 solution of Simple Green gently sprayed on all surfaces and then wiped with a lot of paper towels to remove the initial grime. Then I repeated the same process with cheap microfiber towels. Then I finished it off with a treatment of STP Son of a Gun. I like how it turned out.

Video: How to detail your engine bay!-img_0548-jpg
    Well UncleDavy -- I must say that looks great!!

I think I'll make time next week to take off the shrouds and see how bad mine really is, its not high mileage (<40k) so I'm hoping I can do what you did with same results. I need to get under the shroud anyhow to change out the engine air filter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Indy. I wouldn't call it show worthy clean but it looks good. A garden hose would clean the tight areas where a brush or towel couldn't reach. It didn't take that long and I may make it part of my normal routine. My wife considers it a new level of crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Pan,

Who are some of your favorite YouTube detailing channels to watch?

I enjoy your channel, Car Cleaning Guru, Esoteric, AMMO, Obsessed Garage, and one of my recent favorites it the Forensic Detailing Channel.
    I pretty much have the same ones as you! Thanks for the vote of confidence! . Detailing has been one of my biggest passions for over 20 years now, and I love sharing my knowledge and experience with my viewers.

Post Thanks / Like

Spraying water on the engine and electrical connectors isn't that big of a deal. With that said, I wouldn't use a high pressure washer or a hard stream from the garden hose, holding it directly on a connection or electrical sensor. I've washed my engines since 1983 when I turned 16 up til now and have never had any issues afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast