autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video: Quickest way to wax a car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice video and review.

CarPro recently updated the dilution ratios for it. Pulled from CarPro's site.

Features:

Value: Only 30ml needed per average 4 door vehicle including all paint, glass, trim & wheels
    Protect Everything: Apply to areas you never could before! Not only body panels but protects calipers, undercarriage, wheel wells, door jambs, in between seals and more
    Versatility: Use on any surface
    Ease of Use: Spray on and rinse off
    Dirt and Water repellency: Dirt and water are repelled from the surface
    Instant Vehicle Release: No cure time needed
    Time Saver: Maintains paint quickly with enormous time savings compared to any other paint protection product
    Less wiping: With no more wiping and buffing waxes or sealants on and off the paint there is less chance of scratches.
    UV Protection: Offers significant protection from UVA and UVB rays and sun damage
    Chemical and fallout Protection: Resistant to nearly all acids, alkaline solutions, and solvents
    Concentrated Value: Dilution of 1 part Hydro to 6~10 parts water
    Beauty: Instantly revives the high gloss, deep luster, and smoothness of your paint
    Durability: 3 to 6 months
    Thank you. This makes the product much more attractive. At 3:1 dilution, I found it to be way too expensive to use. At 6-10:1 it might just change my mind. I still prefer to use Reload as a sealant, but Hydro2 might be back in the Arsenal when I am done with my current bottle. Will have to re-evaluate the cost per car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    P.S. If you're going to put yourself out there aka make vids and have thousands of people, which I'm sure you very much appreciate watch your vids... Then you better have thick enough skin to handle any scrutiny the same way you handle the praise. Or as they say "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"
    No worries. Internet, particularly Youtube, is great for many things such as knowledge sharing and discovering new things, techniques, tricks, products, etc. But it can also be a space where internet trolls just come to stir negativity without constructive criticism, hidden behind a weird username and no profile picture. This is an unfortunate part one has to learn to deal with. So I'm always on my guard trying to understand people's true intentions behind a comment and the reason motivating such a comment. I'm all for a comment when it's a constructive criticism. But I'm against people just writing what ever comes to mind without giving a chance to get to know the individual. Some just come on random videos, they don't even like car detailing, and will say just horrible things. That's where I draw the line.

Now I'm not saying that is what you did, but I was trying to understand the reason behind such a question, and regardless if I answered or not, what benefit it would give you. You haven't answered that part. But in the end, we live in free countries and you're free to ask any question you judge is necessary.

Again, I have nothing against sponsored videos and I hope that my channel will one day have the opportunity to get sponsored videos as this will help it grow even quicker, by allowing me to reinvest in better gear and possibly an assistant. If that day happens, my viewers will be the first to know, as I will disclose this as per Youtube regulations. And like you say, I will be more than happy to share that moment.

On this note, let's get back to the joys of detailing. Thanks!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I know these products seem easy but I just can't see how it can go on evenly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    I know these products seem easy but I just can't see how it can go on evenly?
    Upon watching other videos online before I tried it, I was wondering the same thing. A couple of spritz and that's it? How does it spread evenly? Upon trying it and reading up on the tech, I realized that it's the jet of water that spreads the product out evenly and the run off and dripping water from top to bottom (and the spray left to right) is enough to coat the entire panel. It's hard to explain, but when you actually see it work, it's clear. Where there was no beading before, now there's tons of beading and sheeting. Pretty amazing. Gyeon have their equivalent in the form of Wet Coat, and some other companies have some too. These are great for people who want a quick way to add a layer of protection, or just to top off an existing ceramic coating.

Post Thanks / Like

For Hydro2 I like to use the RTU version Hydro 2 lite. I find it does not streak, do not have to mess with dilutions and it can be used as a drying aid by spraying on and wiping off while the car is wet. I believe you can not do the latter with the concentrated version. I have seen around 3 months durability before the sheeting/ beading has started to die in some areas but now I just apply it monthly a lot of times anyway.

I also find it great for sealing wheels on my customers cars as its a super easy way to apply sealant to the wheels which literally takes a few seconds per wheel.
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    For Hydro2 I like to use the RTU version Hydro 2 lite. I find it does not streak, do not have to mess with dilutions and it can be used as a drying aid by spraying on and wiping off while the car is wet. I believe you can not do the latter with the concentrated version. I have seen around 3 months durability before the sheeting/ beading has started to die in some areas but now I just apply it monthly a lot of times anyway.

I also find it great for sealing wheels on my customers cars as its a super easy way to apply sealant to the wheels which literally takes a few seconds per wheel.
    I fully agree with you! The "ready to use" Lite version might be better for those who don't want to mess with dilutions. For those with a heated/cooled garage like mine and who can keep the temperatures steady, the concentrated version is a better option is it is also more cost effective thanks to dilutions.

Thanks for your comment!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post

That is what I purchased Hydro 2 for: Wheels. Super simple and effective. But after looking at the cost of usage, I told myself the benefits were not worth the cost. At higher dilution ratio. this might change. As for the Lite version, when I calculated cost of usage, it was higher than Hydro 2 diluted 3:1... so maybe you should re-evaluate the choice of product. Distilled water costs almost nothing, less than 1$ per gallon. As for dillution, it's not rocket science, very easy to do and takes almost no time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    That is what I purchased Hydro 2 for: Wheels. Super simple and effective. But after looking at the cost of usage, I told myself the benefits were not worth the cost. At higher dilution ratio. this might change. As for the Lite version, when I calculated cost of usage, it was higher than Hydro 2 diluted 3:1... so maybe you should re-evaluate the choice of product. Distilled water costs almost nothing, less than 1$ per gallon. As for dillution, it's not rocket science, very easy to do and takes almost no time.
    While I don't disagree on the cost perspective I had bought the 1 litre bottle of hydro 2 lite last year and just finished the bottle earlier this year. I charge $25 to seal wheels so I more than made the money back with one customer. Even the RTU a little goes a long way. Dilutions are not rocket science but they are science though Video: Quickest way to wax a car!!! lol I've got enough products that require dilution. My main choice for hydro 2 lite was as mentioned that at the time I purchased it a lot of the headaches folks were having was around dilutions and streaking which is why I chose the RTU as that didn't seem to have the same issues.

I've recently moved on to gyeon wet coat and once that is finished ill be trying mckees hydro blue.

If I ever went back to hydro 2 which is a possibility in the future I'll probably go with the non rtu version for the cost savings as mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVee View Post
    No worries. Internet, particularly Youtube, is great for many things such as knowledge sharing and discovering new things, techniques, tricks, products, etc. But it can also be a space where internet trolls just come to stir negativity without constructive criticism, hidden behind a weird username and no profile picture. This is an unfortunate part one has to learn to deal with. So I'm always on my guard trying to understand people's true intentions behind a comment and the reason motivating such a comment. I'm all for a comment when it's a constructive criticism. But I'm against people just writing what ever comes to mind without giving a chance to get to know the individual. Some just come on random videos, they don't even like car detailing, and will say just horrible things. That's where I draw the line.

Now I'm not saying that is what you did, but I was trying to understand the reason behind such a question, and regardless if I answered or not, what benefit it would give you. You haven't answered that part. But in the end, we live in free countries and you're free to ask any question you judge is necessary.

Again, I have nothing against sponsored videos and I hope that my channel will one day have the opportunity to get sponsored videos as this will help it grow even quicker, by allowing me to reinvest in better gear and possibly an assistant. If that day happens, my viewers will be the first to know, as I will disclose this as per Youtube regulations. And like you say, I will be more than happy to share that moment.

On this note, let's get back to the joys of detailing. Thanks!
    Thanks for posting the video. Trolls are a demoralizing problem, even here in these forums on occasion. Open source Wordpress does a better job of sniping trolls than massive YouTube does. They have the AI capability to do it as an option, they just don't think it's necessary. You have to have tenacity, courage and thick skin to setup a public channel out there. It is many times more difficult than it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. Trolls are a demoralizing problem, even here in these forums on occasion.
    Thank you for your support! I appreciate your comment. I work really hard producing these videos (most of them I also produce in English and French, so it's double the work). Detailing alone is very demanding and time consuming, so imagine producing videos at the same time. Thank God I love doing these videos as detailing is one of my top passions! I simply like sharing with my viewers and hopefully give them the love bug for detailing, as so many members of this forum have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12