autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you state detailing experience on a job resume?

You may be surprised, but I will answer that I do not mention my work in any way. The reason is that I don’t have it. I worked in another country without a contract for two years after graduating from the lyceum, and I know for sure that it does not make sense to indicate the positions and companies in which you worked if no one can verify this. I just recently arrived in California and started looking for work and realized that, unlike other countries, a resume is definitely needed here. I never wrote it before, because in Australia, Thailand or Spain, it is almost never needed. I started looking for the best examples of American resumes and found them on one site. In addition, there were a lot of tips for writing a resume, and if not for this article, I would write my resume for several years )

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you state detailing experience on a job resume?

Skill and accomplishments sell, regardless of the job you have. From a detailing standpoint, I’d illustrate the following:

Planning: Applies state of the art knowledge, techniques, products and tools to projects and have been recognized as an expert in my field

Budgeting/Fiscal Mgmt: Maintains an active inventory, orders projects supplies and tools to meet goals, manages pricing to ensure profit

Account Mgmt: Explains projects, product features/benefits and time estimates to clients. Manages client expectations and addresses client concerns to ensure ongoing business relations and profits.

Time Mgmt: Extensive work experience which enables a thorough understanding of cost and time estimates to projects

The above are all things detailers who work for profit do but not one if them is stated in terms of detailing, they are stated in business terms. You can give examples in each category which illustrates your competency and I’d have a few (detail and non detail) examples.

I’ve worked and retired from corporate America. Profit maximization, loss prevention, customer mgmt, fiscal responsibility etc are universal. I also own a franchise restaurant (Pizza). I’ve been asked why I got into the “restaurant or pizza business”. My answer is that I’m in the people and service business. Don’t limit your explanation of who you are or what you do be bound by traditional thinking. Think broader.

My auto detailing business website is Home. While it might not be the most technically structured websites (and I’ve not updated it for awhile as the restaurant demands a lot of time), I do feel it markets differently. I don’t stress pricing or traditional approaches. I try to appeal to a certain lifestyle and I also try to educate clients about me and what I do which allows potential clients to make an informed decision. Just sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12