autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me with packaging an AIO.

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    I also made those stickers like when you get an oil change, and date them for another detail in 6 months...like clockwork 90% of customers call for a follow up around that time. I also send them an email reminder...sometimes less is more. Mike explains in his book 3 packages so you don't confuse. I actually only offer 2.

Hope that helps!
    I'd be interested too, great idea!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    I also made those stickers like when you get an oil change, and date them for another detail in 6 months...like clockwork 90% of customers call for a follow up around that time.
    Interested as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    I got that part. Im just not sure how to sell/explain an AIO to regular folk.
    1) wash and wax = light shine and protection
    2) AIO = enhanced shine
    3) paint correction = maximum shine

AIO = silver detail, premium detail, level 2 detail, enhancement detail, etc

Example:

Our level 2 exterior detail package is our most popular detail package we offer. That's because it is the balance between show car level, jaw-dropping detail work, and affordability. Our level 2 exterior detail package can benefit nearly all cars on the road, because most cars can use a little more than a simple coat of wax. It repairs the most of the imperfections that wax simply cannot cover, revealing a slick, shiny, enhanced appearance.

Key points:
    1) better than wax but not a show car finish
    2) affordable
    3) benefits include a slick, shinier finish

Post Thanks / Like

How about:

ALL-in-ONE POLISH/SEALANT PACKAGE (4-7 month durability)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The All-in-One (AIO) polish is an economical maintenance package for new car finishes and recently polished car finishes that have incurred only minimal wash induced marring since the last polishing detail. They do not provide the paint correction capabilities of the dedicated compounds/polishes and the durability of the sealants is a bit less. However, this is an excellent choice for the budget minded that maintain their vehicle well and prefer to have the ‘just been done’ look more often. It will provide about 4-7 months of protection.
    I choose from several systems of AIO and polymer sealant combinations based on the color of your car’s paintwork and the starting condition. The AIO sealants have emulsifying paint cleansers with a micro abrasive polish that is used to gently clean contaminate from the paint surface, including tar, sap, rust particulate, and industrial fallout to leave a smooth finish. Applied with professional polishing machines, it will polish the surface to a brilliantly reflective and wet gloss by removing oxidation, haze, and minor imperfections. It will protect with a glossy & strong protective layer that provides advanced UV sunscreen protection. Then 1-2 layers of a durable compatible polymer sealant are then layered on top of that system’s AIO’s sealant. This will extend the durability of the by several months and noticeably increase the shine, gloss, reflectivity, clarity and depth of your car’s paintwork.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all. I'm traveling for work for the next 2 weeks in Toronto then LA, so I won't be home for a while, but here is the website I ordered from, hence you'll get the point. These are super custom, a little expensive comparatively speaking, but I have a degree in marketing and I'm a little OCD when it comes to brand management. As you'll see the more you order the less it gets.

Moderators if you aren't ok with me posting this link then please remove...as far as I know AutoGeek doesn't sell anything like this.

https://www.oil-change-sticker.com/c...kers/index.php

Post Thanks / Like

Also as an FYI, I have my logo, website address and date due for next detail...

I then use outlook to auto send a message I set for a pre determined time (6 months from date of detail) as a renewal notice. This and the sticker give me excellent return rates.

Glad to help for once! I learn so much from all of you.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

This is how mine is advertised for exterior only. "Our daily driver exterior package is designed to keep the vehicles you use every day in a clean, presentable condition. The paint is buffed with a polish and sealant combination that improves its appearance and leaves lasting protection. All trim and tires are dressed to protect them from fading. Door jambs, exterior glass and chrome are also addressed in this package."

I tell clients they can expect about 3-4 months of protection, depending on how it's cared for.

Someone previous mentioned their hourly rate, my pricing is set up for 35 an hour. My service area would not support much higher. Even at this price I scare off customers.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the original proof of the sticker I use. What do you think? Also because of my OCD I never hand write the date. I use a clear ribbon P-Touch and Type the date and place it on the sticker. Since both films are transparent it looks like I typed it on the sticker. If the customer wants to remove its clear film that easily comes off. Even on Porsche's and Maserati's almost always it's on there when they return! And FYI I'm in Northern Massachusetts with a Long Island number. (Kept the 516...it's a NY thing)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me with packaging an AIO.-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get much time to post very often anymore, but wanted to make some comments on this thread. A good thread, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    Just make a middle of the road package then. Something not full correction, but valuable for daily drivers. But once again, imo relying on an aio as an lsp is doing your customers a disservice unless your a production detailer and not dealing directly with the car owner. Add a dedicated LSP to top off your AIO and you should be good to go. My customers want something to last when they dish out some good money over just a car wash.
    Good post. Actually, you've made a couple good posts.

I like the thought of using a dedicated polish and then waxing, or even using an AIO and topping it with a long lasting LSP to add value for the customer, but you must charge for any additional steps and time...that's value for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kengo123 View Post
    figure hourly rate, $50/hour

Then...
    1) Wash and wax @ 2 hours
    2) AIO @ 4 hours
    3) Paint correction @ 8+ hours
    I also like the above steps, but out of curiosity do you offer claying in any of your steps and if so which level? Do steps 2 or 3 account for any time it would take to offer your customer claying?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

So let me try and understand this,

I've been told by a Meguiar's worker (in person) that D151 which is an AIO, has more cut that M205 which is a polish. (and what I mainly use, have a gallon of it, so might as well lol)

So in that aspect, when using D151 your actually polishing the paint and protecting it in one step. So since the paint will be polished after D151, can't you just continue maintaining it. Lets say with a few months you can go back give the customer a spray wax option like D156 and continue to keep the "polished" look and if the customer wants to add even more protection couldn't you offer a synthetic wax like Meguiar's Ultimate wax or an even better option could be Meguiar's Paint Protect.

An AIO like D151 doesn't just wear off over time like a glaze or wax would and bringing the paint back to it's original pre detail state, right? Unless the car gets neglected, however, wouldn't a 1 step, 2 step, 3 step would go back to looking, "unmaintained" if neglected?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast