autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help me with packaging an AIO.

Hello everyone I am putting my facebook page together and I want to start putting together a few detail packages. I really want one of my main packages to haveMenzerna 3 in 1, as the basis. Could you guys help me in selling that as a package and help out with some pricing.
    Thank you very much.
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me with packaging an AIO.

I'll try to answer as I've battled this in my mind quite a few times while redoing my service menu.

1st, pricing is going to have to be determined by your market, skill, etc. Doubt anyone can help you there without knowing your market, but i personally like to use $60-80/hr as a basis for pricing my services.

2nd, I decided not to use an AIO as a main basis in any of my packages. As i thought about it more, I feel the protection left behind by an AIO is inadequate as an LSP and that i'd be doing my customers a disservice by doing so without topping with something more durable. And if i'm going to want to put Klasse or Collinite as an LSP, i might as well just use a regular polish or compound beforehand.

My train of thought is, its more important to have multiple variations of corrective measures because of the multitude of different paint conditions you will come across. An AIO might be good for one car, but either overkill or underkill for another. After we Wash & Clay, we determine the best pad/polish combo to bring out the best end result, then lock it in with a choice of 2-3 good LSP options.

IMO if you marry just one product as a main basis of a detail package, your results will vary widely. I rather marry a result, and use whatever products i need to - to get that result. Then Protect your work. I have about 6 different polishes, compounds, aios - along with a variety of pads foam, wool, and microfiber that can pretty much handle anything. And a choice of Collinite, Klasse, Hardbody, Opti-coat as LSP options.

Unless of course you are a production detailer, paired to a dealership or autobody shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Not so much production, but i would like a middle of the road option to appeal to a wider variety of customer, that i believe i am missing out on.

Post Thanks / Like

Just make a middle of the road package then. Something not full correction, but valuable for daily drivers. But once again, imo relying on an aio as an lsp is doing your customers a disservice unless your a production detailer and not dealing directly with the car owner. Add a dedicated LSP to top off your AIO and you should be good to go. My customers want something to last when they dish out some good money over just a car wash.

Post Thanks / Like

See the reason that I am even asking about that is if it was up to me every single one I did, would be a full correction. The price. I like to stay at for stuff like that is about 50 per hour and a lot of people really balk at the idea of spending 5 $600 on a full correction. Now the people that have done it couldn't have been any happier with the money they spent for the product that they got. I'm just looking for something else to give the customer.

Post Thanks / Like

figure hourly rate, $50/hour

Then...
    1) Wash and wax @ 2 hours
    2) AIO @ 4 hours
    3) Paint correction @ 8+ hours

Post Thanks / Like

I got that part. Im just not sure how to sell/explain an AIO to regular folk.

Post Thanks / Like

Billy, if you are trying to explain it in simple terms, maybe you have a "light" paint color & "dark" paint color package.

The light you choose a mild or moderate AIO and seal with a modest wax...and the dark you charge another $25 more and do an AIO, and seal with a better wax like souverign.

Write something in the description that talks about how more protection is needed for darker vehicles, well because they are dark. I explain an AIO as simply if you are a daily commuter and leave the car outside....then this package is for you. I rarely try to up sell someone who isn't willing to maintain the vehicle properly. When you do your estimates ask the customer how they clean their car, and if they are a daily commuter...almost always they have no clue a swirl even exists nor do they care to remove.

Remember we are obsessed lunatics...95% of people could car less about scratches and swirls. Most of my customers drive $50,000+ vehicles and treat their vehicles like animals. When I talk to a customer within 2 minutes I can tell what they are going to end up with. I'd say 20% of my details are full correction and the rest are AIO, or Polish and LSP.

I also made those stickers like when you get an oil change, and date them for another detail in 6 months...like clockwork 90% of customers call for a follow up around that time. I also send them an email reminder...sometimes less is more. Mike explains in his book 3 packages so you don't confuse. I actually only offer 2.

Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

We position our "All-In-One" package as the top level service for daily drivers. Paint correction is advertised as a totally separate service and, IMO, is typically not practical for a daily driven primary vehicle. We also offer that same AIO package with several paint coatings to choose from. If a coating is selected we perform 1-2 passes with a finishing polish such as M205 or CarPro Reflect, prep the paint, then apply the coating.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    I also made those stickers like when you get an oil change, and date them for another detail in 6 months...like clockwork 90% of customers call for a follow up around that time. I also send them an email reminder...sometimes less is more. Mike explains in his book 3 packages so you don't confuse. I actually only offer 2.

Hope that helps!
    Great idea! Can you post a picture of your sticker? Are the transparent plastic that sticks to the windshield? Where did you get them from?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast