autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Giving maintenance care guide to customers

Do you guys give out guides to customers explaining how to do regular maintenance such as washing? What to avoid? How to deal with bird left overs, caring for leather, etc. etc. at the end of your details?

I am curious since I was typing up my own how-to diy car care guide to hand out at the end of details. Not for the fact that much if any of customers will read it, but it delivers a true sense of knowledge from me, their car detailer. And in addition it provides a knowledge base they can refer to when doing simple things like washing. (I.e discussing 2 bucket system, washing from top down, drying, etc. etc.)

Curious on who, if any do this and your opinions on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Giving maintenance care guide to customers

This is exactly what I hand out to my customers.
    I have a 2 page guide to the best wash & drying techniques to keep their car looking good.
    I also have a short guide to caring for their leather seats.

Not sure how much notice people take of the info, but I think it helps you stand out by giving that little bit of extra customer care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Valeting View Post
    This is exactly what I hand out to my customers.
    I have a 2 page guide to the best wash & drying techniques to keep their car looking good.
    I also have a short guide to caring for their leather seats.

Not sure how much notice people take of the info, but I think it helps you stand out by giving that little bit of extra customer care.

Teaching customers how to do things the proper way doesn't mean they're going to stop coming to you and doing it on their own. It shows that A) You're a professional, B) You really care about "their" car. I know I'd be more likely to have my car worked on by someone who really gave a darn about it, than by someone who didn't care about it at all.

Gee, that almost sounds like the difference between a hack and a professional doesn't it?

Mike Phillips

Recommend to them to get a copy of my how-to book...

The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine Paperback Book

You'll educate them and my guess is not only will they understand how to properly take care of their car but they'll have a great appreciation of the work you do.

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I ask every customer if they are interested in learning a DIFFERENT way to wash their vehicle. I teach them how to do a rinse-less wash on their vehicle. You would be surprised how many women take to the idea because of how much sense it makes! Clean a less dirty car, more frequently with rinse-less, and it will be easier than you've ever washed before because we used "X protection".

Once I stopped selling and started teaching more people became interested in what I am saying and doing. They get actual value from the interaction beyond just a clean vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I am going to probably do a simple 1 page pamphlet write up about how to do a rinseless wash and regular wash and avoid marring. And I will probably also steal 3D's idea of the small section on leather care. Oh and dont forgot the cautions like not to use dish soap, terry cloths, etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sheet i give to them as well. Explaining the evils of car washes, and other helpful tips and tricks to keeping their car looking great. I'm working on a page on my website for just this very thing with printable PDF files on various topics. They seem surprised and very happy when I present them with this info during the post-detail inspection.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny that you are bringing that up now. Yesterday I decided to setup a Survey for my Customer with a free maintenance guide as as thank you for taking the time to fill out the Survey.

Maybe we could work on one as a group or something?

I will start on mine this week-end most likelly. Next two days will be crazy busy, I plan on doing body work on my van in preparation for painting. I also need to start laying down the interior woodwork to install all my Tools in the van. I wish Detailed by M was a close friend, he did an amazing job in his own van. I could use the hand

Post Thanks / Like

Can any of you guys post some examples? I would like to see some of these...TIA

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see these. I need to make one to email out to my few clients (only detail a very small amount on the side)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast