autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New site evaluation....

I went live with my new website a couple weeks ago. Still tweaking a few things here and there. I was not happy my last provider, went with Wix this time - LOVE IT!! Lots of time involved on this, and I'm sure a lot more to come, but I think it off to a good start...

Your thoughts? ( honest please! )

Thanks AGO Family!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New site evaluation....

The mobile view is a little messed up for me. The pictures on each page were getting in the way of the text.

Also i couldnt easily find the option to see it in "desktop" view

What did you not like about your last website?

Post Thanks / Like

The font color is to close to the back ground color and hard to read. It looks pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks pretty good from a computer. Haven't looked at it from a mobile perspective. Services are easy to find and read. Man, that F150 was a mess. What was the story on that? Looks like it has been sitting for some time.
    2014 Toyota Venza LE-Attitude Black Metallic
    2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic
    2006 Honda Odyssey EXL - Slate Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd want to see the bit about how FMAD was born either near the top, or as an opening page, in order to set you apart from other detailers. Everyone is selling detailing; sell yourself too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fixed some of the issues - the mobile version is having some bugs still, working on it. Thanks so far!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exploreco View Post
    I think it looks pretty good from a computer. Haven't looked at it from a mobile perspective. Services are easy to find and read. Man, that F150 was a mess. What was the story on that? Looks like it has been sitting for some time.
    It is actually his daily driver! There were some trees he parked under for a couple of years, but mostly he never washed the truck at all. When it got "real bad" he would hose it off!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike. I'm using wix to host my site as well so I now how tricky it is to get the mobile site adjusted correctly. Mine still isn't! I'm a professional fireman, so I did snicker a little when I read the part about tradition and washing/waxing trucks. The tradition is there, but in my department it's lost. Our trucks are washed every day regardless of condition with old truck brushes. Every truck is swirl city. One day a year they get a nice layer of turtle wax cleaner wax... On the paint, and the plastic!

A couple glitches that I'm sure you can see when you preview the page but I like to content and your package names.

Good luck brother!

Post Thanks / Like

One more quick thing, make sure you check the link on all images and anything on the site. Wix automatically sets them up the link to their page when clicked. Either remove the link or redirect it to the appropriate portion of your page.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dunrite View Post
    Hey Mike. I'm using wix to host my site as well so I now how tricky it is to get the mobile site adjusted correctly. Mine still isn't! I'm a professional fireman, so I did snicker a little when I read the part about tradition and washing/waxing trucks. The tradition is there, but in my department it's lost. Our trucks are washed every day regardless of condition with old truck brushes. Every truck is swirl city. One day a year they get a nice layer of turtle wax cleaner wax... On the paint, and the plastic!

A couple glitches that I'm sure you can see when you preview the page but I like to content and your package names.

Good luck brother!
    Yeah it's pretty much that way here too! I have a few districts that i do admin vehicles or maybe a parade detail - but the guys pretty much trash the paint. Every now and then we get a new volunteer who want to be able to do something - anything on the trucks as long as he's there. An old PC and some D151, quick 20 minute how to and let him go! I bring in my pads to use, he has a blast and the trucks actually come out nice...for a few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast