autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Check out my website please!

Eric, I was just on having a look at your site. You really need to work on making your home page easier to navigate. I would do away with the menu button and have the standard button's/tabs. Most people won't even notice the Menu button up there as it gets lost. Also you want to have a lot less text on your home page and more pictures or things to capture people's attention. I just revised my website this winter and did away with my old one. Have a look at my homepage to see what I mean. I get a lot of comments from customers on my website.

KMG Detailing - Lebanon's Premier Auto Detailing Service

Who did you use to create you site, Wix?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Eric, I was just on having a look at your site. You really need to work on making your home page easier to navigate. I would do away with the menu button and have the standard button's/tabs. Most people won't even notice the Menu button up there as it gets lost. Also you want to have a lot less text on your home page and more pictures or things to capture people's attention. I just revised my website this winter and did away with my old one. Have a look at my homepage to see what I mean. I get a lot of comments from customers on my website.

KMG Detailing - Lebanon's Premier Auto Detailing Service

Who did you use to create you site, Wix?
    Hey Kev!

Weebly, actually in the process of creating a new home page.

In regards to the menu button I do not believe i have an option(that I know of unless i change in HTML) to change that unless I change the entire theme. Im going to play with another home page and see.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't change that I would at least change the text color so it stands out more.

Post Thanks / Like

I just redid a few things including added a logo, courtesy of an awesome forum member!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    I just redid a few things including added a logo, courtesy of an awesome forum member!!
    Here is mine and I will pm you my number if you would like to talk. Pure Shine Auto Detailing - Home

Post Thanks / Like

I love the FAQ page!!!

I don't see any prices, did I miss them?

The "Detailing Packages" button on the services page brings you to a page that is not formatted right yet. Not sure if you noticed or not.

Thats all I see so far. I like the black and red!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I know every detailer has his own opinion about this but I my mind you need to have some kind of pricing on there. I know that as a Customer, if I visit a site and cannot find a price anywhere I will assume the company overcharges and is ashamed to publish the prices.

I think the concensus on this is to write STARTS AT and put the lowest price you are willing to charge for that service. Then when you talk to the Customer you adjust. Me I do low and high, so the lowest price and the max price. It's up to you to find what you are most comfortable doing. But no prices will loose you a lot of customers before you even have the chance to talk to them.

Second thing is that alignment on the pages is broken. It's hard to read and it looks amateurish. Try to ajust that.

It's a good start, just needs some work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I love the FAQ page!!!

I don't see any prices, did I miss them?

The "Detailing Packages" button on the services page brings you to a page that is not formatted right yet. Not sure if you noticed or not.

Thats all I see so far. I like the black and red!!
    Thanks Donny,
    I just checked the buttons and they seem to be working, maybe there was a glitch on weebly. Seems to happen from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Here is mine and I will pm you my number if you would like to talk. Pure Shine Auto Detailing - Home
    Would love to chat sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I know every detailer has his own opinion about this but I my mind you need to have some kind of pricing on there. I know that as a Customer, if I visit a site and cannot find a price anywhere I will assume the company overcharges and is ashamed to publish the prices.

I think the concensus on this is to write STARTS AT and put the lowest price you are willing to charge for that service. Then when you talk to the Customer you adjust. Me I do low and high, so the lowest price and the max price. It's up to you to find what you are most comfortable doing. But no prices will loose you a lot of customers before you even have the chance to talk to them.

Second thing is that alignment on the pages is broken. It's hard to read and it looks amateurish. Try to ajust that.

It's a good start, just needs some work.

I didnt put prices and dont think i should for a little bit because im still trying to see what I should charge. Last year my prices were lower just to get customers to come in. Now im a little higher because I feel my skill level was being under paid. When I get to a place I feel is right an fair, I will post. Also my prices will continue to raise once i have a strong portfolio, and some more overhead!

Last year I was on a local car forum an said I would do discounted correction on a black car if anyone wanted to bring their car in. Had 3 people quickly jump on it. Only one of them actually came, but the other 2 contact me from time to time asking for the same discounted price. So my worry would be to keep changing it and people get pissed or Id have to cut my pay and honor it. Maybe im over thinking it now.

Your second thing was that the alignment was broken? was that on the detailing package page? I just saw that. Wasnt supposed to do that I might have hit something when changing things.

Really appreciate the help guys, and as previously mentioned Just got a new camera so all the pics will be changed and more will be added to the dead zones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    And i like how you have a separate page just for motorcycles

Post Thanks / Like

It was a glitch cause its better today.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast