autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Detailing Seaon Starting! What are your goals?

run an excel chart on my supplies and reduce overall costs to my hobby

keep a very clean car

teach the craft to others
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Continue my multi year run of detailing as a hobby and ignoring every new product and staying with what actually works everytime on every paint in any weather.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Continue my multi year run of detailing as a hobby and ignoring every new product and staying with what actually works everytime on every paint in any weather.
    May i ask what is your choice for LSP and how you maintain it?
    Thank you

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Same here silverfox!!

My biggest, most serious goals are to just say no to auto detailing calls more this year than what I did last year, focusing more on providing mobile wheelchair lift and mobility ramp van servicing and repair.

Doing this, the use of my detailing skills naturally can be integrated into what I'm doing anyways as a lot of these clients are not too much into detailing, and their vans often show it.

Another goal is to be more organized with my paperwork as I go through the year, instead of letting things pile up and scrambling around at tax time to straighten everything out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post!

This year, ive been working on simplifying our services to give the people around me what they want.. washes, waxes, clean interiors and all at a good price. So basically less polishing and extracting so we can be in and out and ready to move on to the next

I dont have specific numbers, but i want more this year. Last year was our first year, and it was part time. Thjs year is full time and im ready to take the next step.

I hope to run this small area while we still live here (which may or may not be this year), but we're planning on moving 40 minutes south to sacramento so we can reach more people

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I don't detail as my job, but I like getting some small jobs on the weekends.

My goal is to continue to learn from you guys and get a few more jobs
    Similar thinking

Post Thanks / Like

My goals are similar to many of those that other part-timers have revealed above: find a few more good clients, reduce the huge variety in my inventory, reduce costs and product duplication, run a more efficient operation, introduce others to the hobby and teach them some of what I've learned. Most of all, I want to keep having fun doing it.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

My choice of LSP is very inexpensive, easy to use, looks great, and lasts several months. Duragloss 105. For winter I top it with Collinite 845. Once a month I hit it with megs D156. Wash is either Duragloss rinseless or Duragloss 902. The trick however is paint prep. I clay and polish with a finishing polish twice a year, then hit it with Duragloss squeaky clean before applying the sealant. I like staying within families of products primarily because I know they work as a system. Being a hobbyist I rotate families...Meguiars, Duragloss primarily. I can get most of these within 5 minutes of my house.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

My choice of LSP is very inexpensive, easy to use, looks great, and lasts several months. Duragloss 105. For winter I top it with Collinite 845. Once a month I hit it with megs D156. Wash is either Duragloss rinseless or Duragloss 902. The trick however is paint prep. I clay and polish with a finishing polish twice a year, then hit it with Duragloss squeaky clean before applying the sealant. I like staying within families of products primarily because I know they work as a system. Being a hobbyist I rotate families...Meguiars, Duragloss primarily. I can get most of these within 5 minutes of my house.
    Thank you Sir for the information

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you. I've gone all over and have settled on Meguiars 21 yellow paste for my monthly wax and it's a tossup between DP and DG 105 for sealant.

Started out with 1-3 Meguiars products and as I go on, that number goes up. Fair priced products that dilute well, are priced for detailers, and just work.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast