autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Choosing a URL

Post Thanks / Like

Choosing a URL

I asked this in different thread because I didn't want to start another one, but I know how new questions mid-thread usually get passed over. So, I've created a new site for my business and I'm deliberating over what to have as my new URL so thought I'd ask in here.

I currently own dynamicmobiledetailing.com but would like to do something a little shorter as that's always bugged me with how long it is, plus it limits things when putting it on different forms of media (vehicle graphics, t-shirts, biz cards etc..)

When creating the new site, I went with dmd-bend.com (the new city I'll be working in is Bend, OR) as I figured that would be shorter and easier, but now thinking about it again, there's no mention of "detailing" "auto" or "car" in the URL so it's probably not as SEO friendly.

I've debated dmdetailing-bend.com, dmdetailingbend.com, autodetailingbend.com, bendautodetailing.com, mobiledetailingbend.com, and bendmobiledetailing.com (dmdetailing.com and bendautodetail.com are not available, just an FYI)

If you have any opinions (and especially reasons behind the opinions from an SEO standpoint), please feel free to share; any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Choosing a URL

My mistake, bendautodetailing.com is NOT available, takes one option out of the picture.
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm interested in dmdetailingbend.com

Any thoughts from anyone or recommendations on why I should stay away from this one, or why I should go with it? Thanks,
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    I currently own dynamicmobiledetailing.com but would like to do something a little shorter as that's always bugged me with how long it is, plus it limits things when putting it on different forms of media (vehicle graphics, t-shirts, biz cards etc..)
    Ohh, I see how that can be a problem.

You can always buy something catchy like cleanyourcar.com and then redirect it to your home url.

But I wouldn't really go this route as it shouldn't be a big deal to choose a url name.

When creating the new site, I went with dmd-bend.com (the new city I'll be working in is Bend, OR) as I figured that would be shorter and easier, but now thinking about it again, there's no mention of "detailing" "auto" or "car" in the URL so it's probably not as SEO friendly.
    So there are over 200 ranking factors when it comes to getting to the top of Google. Brian Dean from Backlinko has a super good blog post on it.

From an SEO standpoint, there are a bunch of other things you can do to get ranked well in Google.

I would not worry for the slightest of reasons about having any keyword related search terms in your URL.

BTW, it's called EMD (exact match domain). Here are some articles on it:

- The Exact Match Domain Playbook: A Guide and Best Practices for EMDs - Moz

- Google EMD - Exact Match Domain Update | Search Engine Land

- Goodbye Exact Match Domains, Hello Brandable Websites - Niche Pursuits

I've debated dmdetailing-bend.com, dmdetailingbend.com, autodetailingbend.com, bendautodetailing.com, mobiledetailingbend.com, and bendmobiledetailing.com (dmdetailing.com and bendautodetail.com are not available, just an FYI)

If you have any opinions (and especially reasons behind the opinions from an SEO standpoint), please feel free to share; any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!
    If you already bought a new domain, then keep it at whatever you have it now.

I know people like to talk about "branding" and "brand awareness" with your name...

But honestly, detailers work at such a low exposure frequency that it doesn't really matter.

I know detailers that don't even have a website but are booked for weeks in advance with high end cars
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com