autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Too much content on your website? (Version 2)

I really dig the new site from what I clicked through. On the contact page, it has a completely different layout (full screen background and no nav bar). Wondering if this was intentional since you have to hit the Back button on your browser to access anything else again. My only recommendation: drop the "spotlessly" adjective from your window cleaning description. It's not a common one and by looking at your work, there's no doubt you're going to a do a meticulous job--it's not necessary. Other than that, I like it a lot. I'm curious as to what your gallery layout is going to look like.

David
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g35_coupe View Post
    I really dig the new site from what I clicked through. On the contact page, it has a completely different layout (full screen background and no nav bar). Wondering if this was intentional since you have to hit the Back button on your browser to access anything else again. My only recommendation: drop the "spotlessly" adjective from your window cleaning description. It's not a common one and by looking at your work, there's no doubt you're going to a do a meticulous job--it's not necessary. Other than that, I like it a lot. I'm curious as to what your gallery layout is going to look like.

David
    Thanks for the response, it is really appreciated. I added the "spotlessly" but it never really felt like it fit to be honest, so it's good to hear that. It's one that can probably be deleted.

As for the contact page, I've gone back and forth with it a bunch. I figure that if people want to contact me (usually the only time someone clicks on a contact page) they have made up their minds and will choose to either email or call me. I wish there was a way to add a third button to go back to the home page, but it won't let me with the template design. I might do a little more researching to see if I can find a way, as I like the option of the full-screen images on there, but I do agree that the usability kind of suffers from it, especially if they decide that they don't want to contact me after getting to that page (again this seems unlikely, but aaahhh I don't know lol)

Thanks again man!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I remember your original thread. You really put a lot of work into the new site and your efforts have paid off. Very clean and professional. Makes me feel the need to work on mine now.

www.JaxDetails.com
    www.Facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12