autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fake Facebook Reviews..

Is there anything you can do about a fake Facebook review? I have seven 5 star reviews and one 1 star. The guy that left me a one star, I've never seen him in my life. Has anybody else had this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fake Facebook Reviews..

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouthDetail View Post
    Is there anything you can do about a fake Facebook review? I have seven 5 star reviews and one 1 star. The guy that left me a one star, I've never seen him in my life. Has anybody else had this problem?
    yes.

happens all the time.

i believe you can report it. late last year a friend got hit. someone was going around and trolling some of the pros out there using a fake profile that someone apparently made based on some sort of video game. they were leaving one star reviews with no text.

Corey at CarPro was one of the guys who got hit and that fake review is still on his business page.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    yes.

happens all the time.

i believe you can report it. late last year a friend got hit. someone was going around and trolling some of the pros out there using a fake profile that someone apparently made based on some sort of video game. they were leaving one star reviews with no text.

Corey at CarPro was one of the guys who got hit and that fake review is still on his business page.
    Its so ridiculous and annoying! I reported it, but I have a feeling it will stay there just like you said Corey's has.

Post Thanks / Like

Happens. I have contacted a few and they replied and said that they have never heard of me or my page, and went and changed or removed the review. Never hurts to ask.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Its probably your "ex" hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Have you responded to all of the reviews, whether they're positive or negative?

Accordingly, and to address the fake negative review:
    Until it's removal is hopefully accomplished:
    Defend your business!!

Turn the tables...but always in a constructive manner.
    For example:

Point out in a matter-of-fact way that you:
    -take these matters very seriously;
    -have no record of ever having a Customer experience with this reviewer;
    -cannot verify anything about the reviewer's identity from their account...which appears to have just been created for the purpose of disparaging your Business;
    -do encourage reviewers to contact you directly to resolve whatever issues there may be.

Good Luck with this example of what I see as an interminable flaw in the infrastructure of a social media enterprise.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post

Defend your business!!

For example:

-cannot verify anything about the reviewer's identity from their account...which appears to have just been created for the purpose of disparaging your Business;
    -do encourage reviewers to contact you directly to resolve whatever issues there may be.

Good Luck with this example of what I see as an interminable flaw in the infrastructure of a social media enterprise.

Bob
    Sorry to hear - internet trolls are the worst.

Bob's comments are dead on. Negative reviews are one thing, but how you decide to respond will resonate far louder with potential customers. I dare say, a positive "I'm sorry to hear, please contact me directly etc..." response will carry far more weight and prove you stand behind your work/willing to go the "extra" mile for a customer - real or fake - then doing nothing or worse responding with a negative retort.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post

Defend your business!!

For example:

Bob
    i would love to rip into the 2 aholes form virginia that never been to my shop but left me the only two one star reviews. i know if i reply, they will invite more of theyre troll friends to leave me more fake reviews so i left it alone but it still makes me very angry!!! its a girl and a guy that i think does detailing. this is so stupid but my customer tagged me in a pic his friend in virginia was getting a detail...basically my friend isnt going to him, and his friend that lives in virginia will still go to the guy in virginia. i always tell my friends and customers never to tagg me in another detailers pics on facebook.

also, reporting the review is a waste of time because facebook will not remove it. so stupid...these 2 people, the girl and the guy deserve a punch in the face.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post

also, reporting the review is a waste of time because facebook will not remove it. .
    at least one of the guys hit by the account who trolled Corey's page had the 1 star review removed. he reported it. i'm sure Corey did too though and his is still there. :shrugs:

another thing that happens is auto-spam. facebook is not that secure, and spam can happen without the account owner knowing. but most of the time, as discussed, it's trolls.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted the guy and he said it was done by accident and he changed the review. He said it wouldn't let him remove the review so he just gave me a 5 star review. So, I guess its still a fake review but 5 star is much better than 1 star haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast