autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Moving Business Out of State

So, I've mentioned it in a couple of threads here and there over the last couple months, but I am planning on moving my business from Seattle, WA to Bend, OR (about 350 miles) this March. I'm working on making a bunch of changes to reflect the move online in February-ish, so that I can at least have a few leads generated before actually making the move. I've got a list of a few other things that I will be doing to hopefully make the move and re-establishment as pain-free as possible, but I'd love to hear any advice from you guys.

I know there's probably not too many that have actually done this (if you have, you're advice is like gold, please share), but even just brainstorming ideas of things that I should do would help. I really appreciate the advice.

Oh, and if any of you are in the Seattle/Bellevue/Kirkland market and know a great and reliable mobile detailer, I'm in the market of trying to find a couple reputable options to give my current clients. Thanks guys!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moving Business Out of State

I would make sure where you moving can handle the prices you want to get. I hope everything goes great for you bro and wish you nothing but success and if you need anything let me know.

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be switching over your web stuff and SEO asap as it takes a couple weeks or months to fully take effect. You're getting a chance at a new market with all the tools and skills. Goodluck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife & I moved from Bend to Molalla(West side of the Cascades) June , 2013. We now only have to deal with the rain, not the snow & cold conditions. I got real tired of shoveling
    snow. My north facing drive way was covered with ice all winter long. There are a lot of retired folks living in Bend in nice communities.
    There is a Porsche, Audi, VW, BMW dealer there, so many people have money.

Post Thanks / Like

Start lead capturing!!

If you wanted to make it as pain free as possible, you would need to start marketing now.

Aka, collect email addresses.

And the only way to get results quick is Facebook ads and Google Adwords.

You'll need several things:
    - Landing page software: leadpages.net, unbounce.com, etc..
    - Email service provider: mailchimp.com, aweber.com, etc...
    - Adwords account
    - Facebook ads business page

You'll also need to know:
    - Copywriting
    - Conversion rate optimization
    - How to set a drip system / autoresponder
    - How to use Adwords
    - How to use Power Editor in Facebook (NOT 'Boost')

This is the goal you want to go for:

They'll have people WANTING the product BEFORE it even comes out.

You can do the same.

The neat thing is there is such low competition in local detailing markets. So if you have your chops down you can have a fairly decent email list.

What can you do with this email list? Sell to them

Of course, this comes down to a few things:
    - Ad spend budget
    - Juicy copy
    - Offer to capture emails
    - Audience your targeting
    - How you have your sales funnel set up

You don't need to spend a buttload of money... Heck, do $2 a day for Facebook.

I know it's a bunch of work, but if you had the time, this would be the number best option to get leads.

You can't rely on SEO.
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    I would make sure where you moving can handle the prices you want to get. I hope everything goes great for you bro and wish you nothing but success and if you need anything let me know.
    Thanks for the support Todd, from what I can tell with my research, I should be able to charge pretty similar prices to what I am now, maybe 10% less in a worst case scenario. However, the cost of living is much less, which will more than offset that, so I feel pretty confident.

I'll be sure to be give any of my customers on the eastside your way if they don't specifically need something mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott@IncrediblyDetailed View Post
    I would be switching over your web stuff and SEO asap as it takes a couple weeks or months to fully take effect. You're getting a chance at a new market with all the tools and skills. Goodluck!!!
    Hmm, this soon huh, well I'm actually building a new site and hopefully it will at least be operational in the next few weeks, and as soon as it is, I'll have it up so it has time to get "crawled." I was planning on switching everything else (like Adwords, Yelp, Google+, Facebook, etc.) over in the beginning of February to give a solid 6 weeks, will that be enough time, or should I do even earlier? I am really excited about the opportunity to start over fresh with all the knowledge and experience that I've gained over the years; it's going to be a great challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by 4AudiQ View Post
    My wife & I moved from Bend to Molalla(West side of the Cascades) June , 2013. We now only have to deal with the rain, not the snow & cold conditions. I got real tired of shoveling
    snow. My north facing drive way was covered with ice all winter long. There are a lot of retired folks living in Bend in nice communities.
    There is a Porsche, Audi, VW, BMW dealer there, so many people have money.
    Funny, the grass is always greener huh One of the biggest reasons we're moving is to get away from the constant rain of Seattle. We both love the snow, and we'll see how the temperature changes affect us (I like the cold and my wife is impartial, but we just need something new and absolutely love the area). I have heard that there is quite a bit of money in town, so I think I've got a good shot at be the first and only legitimate mobile detailing service.

Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    Start lead capturing!!

If you wanted to make it as pain free as possible, you would need to start marketing now.

Aka, collect email addresses.

And the only way to get results quick is Facebook ads and Google Adwords.

You'll need several things:
    - Landing page software: leadpages.net, unbounce.com, etc..
    - Email service provider: mailchimp.com, aweber.com, etc...
    - Adwords account
    - Facebook ads business page

You'll also need to know:
    - Copywriting
    - Conversion rate optimization
    - How to set a drip system / autoresponder
    - How to use Adwords
    - How to use Power Editor in Facebook (NOT 'Boost')

This is the goal you want to go for:

They'll have people WANTING the product BEFORE it even comes out.

You can do the same.

The neat thing is there is such low competition in local detailing markets. So if you have your chops down you can have a fairly decent email list.

What can you do with this email list? Sell to them

Of course, this comes down to a few things:
    - Ad spend budget
    - Juicy copy
    - Offer to capture emails
    - Audience your targeting
    - How you have your sales funnel set up

You don't need to spend a buttload of money... Heck, do $2 a day for Facebook.

I know it's a bunch of work, but if you had the time, this would be the number best option to get leads.

You can't rely on SEO.
    Wow, a lot of stuff to digest there, and thanks for taking the time to put it all together; it is much appreciated. I'm not sure if I quite need to go that in-depth as it's just a one-man show, but doing some of the simpler things like maybe some Facebook advertising or start-up the AdWords as soon as I get the new site up and running.

How would you go about collecting email addresses of potential customers in the new location though?

Thanks again everyone, and any more comments or suggestions are always welcome!
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    Hmm, this soon huh, well I'm actually building a new site and hopefully it will at least be operational in the next few weeks, and as soon as it is, I'll have it up so it has time to get "crawled." I was planning on switching everything else (like Adwords, Yelp, Google+, Facebook, etc.) over in the beginning of February to give a solid 6 weeks, will that be enough time, or should I do even earlier? I am really excited about the opportunity to start over fresh with all the knowledge and experience that I've gained over the years; it's going to be a great challenge.
    No way will it be 6 weeks... unless you know what you're doing, try 3 to 6 months

Wow, a lot of stuff to digest there, and thanks for taking the time to put it all together; it is much appreciated. I'm not sure if I quite need to go that in-depth as it's just a one-man show, but doing some of the simpler things like maybe some Facebook advertising or start-up the AdWords as soon as I get the new site up and running.

How would you go about collecting email addresses of potential customers in the new location though?

Thanks again everyone, and any more comments or suggestions are always welcome!
    One man show or 10 man crew, this benefits anyone and everyone.

You need a software that allow to set up landing pages that integrates with an email service provider

Example: Aweber + Leadpages + Adwords
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    No way will it be 6 weeks... unless you know what you're doing, try 3 to 6 months

One man show or 10 man crew, this benefits anyone and everyone.

You need a software that allow to set up landing pages that integrates with an email service provider

Example: Aweber + Leadpages + Adwords
    Well, I've heard a few weeks to a couple months, but never 3-6 months before...interesting.

I agree that it can benefit anyone and everyone, but with a 10 man crew you need to generate more potential business than you do when you're solo. All the time and effort that would go into a campaign this big, will be more cost-effective for a larger business than my one man business. Plus, if it takes 3-6 months, I'm probably too late for this type of thing anyways.
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support Todd, from what I can tell with my research, I should be able to charge pretty similar prices to what I am now, maybe 10% less in a worst case scenario. However, the cost of living is much less, which will more than offset that, so I feel pretty confident.

I'll be sure to be give any of my customers on the eastside your way if they don't specifically need something mobile.

Thanks Jarred!

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast