I know the big thing around here is word of mouth and referrals

But if you really want to grow your business, you'll want to spend some mula on marketing / advertising.

I'm not talking about "I sponsored a schools yearbook. If at least 3 people make an appointment I'll break even"

That's not being smart with your dinero.

You want to do things that are measurable where you put $10 in and get $15 out.

If you want a detailed article, click on my signature and it'll take you to the latest post.

Pay Attention To These Metrics

Cost of Customer Acquisition (CAC)- How much money you spend to get one customer.

Lifetime Value of a Customer (LTV)- How much money a customer will spend on your services for the duration of their time using your services.

Churn Rate- Amount of customers that stop using your services over a period of time.

Average Value of Sale- Average price point of your detailing services.

The Reason

Let's do a quick run down:

If your bidding $20 a click on Adwords, and every 7th visit you get to your site is one paying customer...

That's $140 you spend to get one customer.

For most of us that sees like a lot of money. But if your average sale is $150 then you profit $10.

Before you go crazy on making a $10 profit, you need to think longterm, aka lifetime value of your customer (LTV).

If your average customer calls you out every 3 months for a wash and wax and charge $150 and on average they use your services for 12 months

Their LTV is $600

So one thing I highly recomeend is look at the long term revenue from each customer.

Don't get caught up on making a $300 job on a paint correction.

You may be cutting yourself short by completely focusing on that.

Conclusion

Just to clarify, these numbers and examples were all made up. Your numbers will be completely different.

This was just to give you a high overview of what you should be paying attention to.

For a more detailed article, click the link in my signature