autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big car show coming up heres my idea.

So as said in previous posts there is a big car show out in my area called Hot August Nights. The whole city of Reno and Tahoe basically turns into one massive car show. So here is what im thinking and feel free to add or critique my idea as this will be my first time.

A 10x10 spot is going to run me $600 and then $100 for power. This covers 3 days from noon till 11pm. What im thinking of doing is setting up a ez-up and i have a foldable table that ill have a bunch of free stuff with my logo and info on it like pens, key chains, mouse pads, shirts things like that. I could get all of that from vistaprint for pretty cheap so i figure id set a limit of $200. I will also get about 150 tri-fold brochures to hand out. My girlfriend has big fake breasts (safest word i could think of lol) so id get her and her friend tight shirts to walk around and pass out my brochures.

Here is what i think ill do to show my work though. I thought about getting a hood from a junk yard and doing a demo on it but idk. I feel like doing that would be like doing a demo for shamwow or something and id look like im trying to sell a crappy service. My sister though has a black mercedes SLK convertable that is in TERRIBLE condition. It looks like its been continuously washed with sand paper, the head lights are oxidized, the interior is filthy, and there are hard waterspots on the chrome rims. So what i think ill do is do a complete detail only one size of the car including the interior along with a headlight restoration and a paint coating. Only on half though. This car will make a huge transformation and ill be able to cover a bunch of areas. Its a small car so it would fit perfectly in my booth and i could hang led lights and some hologen lights from my ez up to really show the before and after.

So what do you guys think? Do you think a car show of this magnitude could jar up enough business to justify spending $1000? Are my marketing techniques for this even good or bad?

Thanks guys i appreciate your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big car show coming up heres my idea.

I like the idea of the half detailed car and the fake boobies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    I like the idea of the half detailed car and the fake boobies.
    Yeah I figured boobs could sell just about anything hahaha

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

I do shows often and these people USUALLY have some knowledge of detailing, so I always put out the products and tools that we use (7424, 9227C, the foam cannon, the Tornador, etc). Then I always have a nice car to showcase. Last show I showcased Jason Taylors '67 GTO with a ZR1 Corvette motor. I do really like the idea of the half done car though!! I think it will work. And for a 3 day show, $1000 could very well be worth it.
    Showtime Auto Detailing & Mobile Detailing Trailers
    http://detailbyshowtime.com

Post Thanks / Like

Big car show coming up heres my idea.

I would say go for it! Think of it like this, you are going to be exposed to about (let's low ball) 100 car owners. WORST Case scenario you get 5 customers... Out of that 100 (in three days mind you) and those 5 customers will get something and like the work and refer a friend... IMO it's a win win situation, you will make that money back ten fold...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brondondolon View Post
    Yeah I figured boobs could sell just about anything hahaha

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online
    And for an extra 50 bucks, she'll wash the car!! lol

The booth sounds like a great idea. With all the car buffs there you'll be sure to have something that will appeal to a lot of people.

Post Thanks / Like

Your Girlfriend and a Shiny Car:
    Great way of showcasing the benefits of silicone...

IMHO: Win Win!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Your Girlfriend and a Shiny Car:
    Great way of showcasing the benefits of silicone...

IMHO: Win Win!!

Bob
    hahahhaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    I do shows often and these people USUALLY have some knowledge of detailing, so I always put out the products and tools that we use (7424, 9227C, the foam cannon, the Tornador, etc). Then I always have a nice car to showcase. Last show I showcased Jason Taylors '67 GTO with a ZR1 Corvette motor. I do really like the idea of the half done car though!! I think it will work. And for a 3 day show, $1000 could very well be worth it.
    When you do these shows do people want to book apointments on the spot? Also do you find a bunch of people showing interest to your service? I was also thinking of putting together a kit with some products in it and raffleing it off. Like collinite 845, WG TSR, Poorboys blackhole etc. The way people would enter is just put their name and contact info on a piece of paper and id put it in a bucket or something and draw a name then id put every one who entered on a mailing list of some sort. Idk just an idea. But do you typically gain a bunch of business from these shows?

The area i am in even though its Reno "the biggest little city" there are only a couple of legit detailers in my area and i mean somthing in the neighborhood of 3 detailers so i feel as though i have a huge advantage. Plus like i said this car show is massive. Every hotel has something going on down town reno is shut down pretty much then they have cruises and drag races all kinds of things im not joking when i say the whole city turns into a massive car show. Frankly i was shocked the first time i went. So i think its a good idea but ive never done a show so i dont know what im getting my self into. But to be honest i think i might be the only person with a mobile detailing company set up at this show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vortech5.0 View Post
    And for an extra 50 bucks, she'll wash the car!! lol

The booth sounds like a great idea. With all the car buffs there you'll be sure to have something that will appeal to a lot of people.
    Lol funny you say that. When a detailing business was just an idea to me one of the ideas was having a business where girls come to your house and wash your car in bikinis. The service would have different levels like level 1 would be bikinis level 2 would be wet tee shirt and level 3 would be topless. I live in Nevada about 30 min from the moonlight bunny ranch which for those who dont know is a brothel. So i figured this would be a legal business. I mean hell for $200 a girl can come to your house and clean it naked in heels so why cant i operate a business where the same thing goes on only they do your car. But then i thought it would be much harder to start a business like this and i would have no clue what the market would be like for a service like this lol Plus the legal aspect hahaha. So i trashed that idea even though it was only a 10 min idea hahahaha. Hey a guy can fantisize cant he hahaha

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast