autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying a Water Tank, do I need a water pump along with my gas Pressure Waher?

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out if I also need a water pump, if I'm getting a gas pressure washer? I did search and even saw some videos but it was crystal clear. I believe I don't but can anyone confirm that.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying a Water Tank, do I need a water pump along with my gas Pressure Waher?

I use a electric model KARCHER which is suppose to be self priming, Just received updated info several days ago but still have not tested it, I went ahead a brought a pump (SHURflo Industrial Pump — 198 GPH, 115 Volt, 1/2in., Model# 2088-594-154 | Utility Pumps| Northern Tool + Equipment ) for safety purposes also see:http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ng-unit-5.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying a Water Tank, do I need a water pump along with my gas Pressure Waher?

Yes,...you can find them at Lowes for around $90.
    davinciautodetail.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So according to the mass...I do need one.

I thought since the gas pressure washer is being feed by the water tank which is gravity driven that I wouldn't? I just ran across a few videos on youtube and some had and some didn't. Hmmm...now I'm really stumped.

Post Thanks / Like

4 years strong and I have lost a pump here and there but have had bearing/unloader/loader issues. No result of lack of water. I would stay around the 2.5gpm or 2500-2700 psi and you will be fine without a pump.
    PCB Reflections LLC
    Specializing in Corrections and Protection
    Servicing Greenville SC & Surrounding Areas

Post Thanks / Like

No. I detailed for many years using gravity fed. I still have the equipment and it's a 100 gallon tank and a Honda motor with a 2700psi CAT pump. Just make sure your tank is a inch or so above the water inlet on the pump. What is VERY important is a return line to your tank so when your not spraying the water, the water is constantly moving through your pump manifold. Starting out I used a pump w/ a well and every few weeks there'd be a new problem. Also if you don't have a garage and deal with freezing temps in the winter it's MUCH easier to wrap a heater cord around your pressure washer pump and water lines rather than trying to keep a water pump / well system from freezing. Attached is a photo of how it's plumbed. The hose with the valve is coming from the bottom of my tank to the inlet of my pump. The top hose is coming out of my regulator going into the top of my water tank. Like I said, when your not spraying water the water circulates itself through the manifold so it stays nice and cool. Make sense?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buying a Water Tank, do I need a water pump along with my gas Pressure Waher?-photo1-jpg   Buying a Water Tank, do I need a water pump along with my gas Pressure Waher?-photo-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great...thanks for the tips fellas

Post Thanks / Like

atlpierce, if I am not mistaken doesn't your water return setup cause you to lose pressure since its always pumping back into your water tank?
    PCB Reflections LLC
    Specializing in Corrections and Protection
    Servicing Greenville SC & Surrounding Areas

Post Thanks / Like

With gas you need a pump. Some electric models have self priming pumps and don't require an external pump. However, most of those models are karchers and if you are spending only a few hundred on it, you are getting a consumer model that won't last very long. I just got the Kranzle K7. Expensive but its self priming, 10 year warranty on the manifold, service center is local, and it doesn't require a return line because its engineered in such a way that it won't overheat. You can leave it running for an hour and do zero damage to the unit. Id suggest getting one
    Brian Dubinsky
    ELITE: Luxury Detailing + Paint Protection
    Maryland - Northern VA - DC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artofdetailing View Post
    With gas you need a pump. Some electric models have self priming pumps and don't require an external pump. However, most of those models are karchers and if you are spending only a few hundred on it, you are getting a consumer model that won't last very long. I just got the Kranzle K7. Expensive but its self priming, 10 year warranty on the manifold, service center is local, and it doesn't require a return line because its engineered in such a way that it won't overheat. You can leave it running for an hour and do zero damage to the unit. Id suggest getting one
    Must have purchased it through ATLANTIC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast