autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

I've been following your thread from the beginning and just wanted to say I'm happy to see you succeeding my friend, keep up the awesome work your doing!. Kyle

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this! Getting into detailing with a friend and neither has a suitable vehicle, at the moment an HHR is way out of our price range. But I love your setup, he absolutely hates HHR's, but I think if I showed him this he might come around. Maybe if we hustle in a year we could afford one of these. We don't want, or need a huge van, this seems close to perfect. At the moment I have a Saturn Sky Redline, which is maybe the worst possible car if you're trying to be a mobile detail. It's passable for rinseless washes (barely lol) I have to figure out a way to get money for a ride like yours asap. Your tails of customers falling from the sky since you got it is very inspiring lol.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been detailing semi professionally for the past two years, before that it was more of a hobby.

I currently have a 1994 Ram 1500 and it has a lot of little issues and I'm about ready to just fix a bad alternator and see what I can get for it. I have been a fan of the HHR for a while now, even before I got my current rig (I bought the truck and most of my equipment used from a guy that had been detailing over 20 years). I realized very early on that I don't need the big truck. I haven't used my truck for the past two weekends (I only do weekends now), while I wait on an alternator, I've used my daily driver an 06 Saab 93. I've done my regulars on the weekend and I use their water and just a regular hose, so I fit everything I need in a couple buckets and put my shop vac in my front seat and leaf blower in the trunk. So I now I know that I an use HHR, thanks for this thread just goes to show it works out.

I have a huge tank in my truck, but I also have a spare tank that is smaller to be honest I don't know the capacity, but I think it's 30-40 gallons that I might use. I haven't done many cars lately where I don't have access to water and occasionally I've used water-less washing but a lot of people aren't completely sold on it.

I have my eye on two HHRs right now that I might pull the trigger on, one is a full panel and the other is the one that is the partial panel. I'm leaning more towards the partial panel one in case I ever want to just take everything out and still have a backseat, otherwise the seats can just stay folded flat, I'll lose the cubbies that are built in, but I can just organize things a little different. If I go for it I'll let you know and share my setup.

One other thing...nice logo by the way, mine is similar, I designed it myself. I used to do a lot of military owned cars because I lived/worked near a military base and my logo in a way catered to that demographic.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hands down, my favorite thread on this site. I've learned a lot from your innovative approach to mobile detailing. I want to use a HHR for my detailing as well. thanks a lot for sharing your come up in great detail for us. can't wait to see what's next for you and hopefully I can share my journey (in MD) the way you have w/ the same type of success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwhit757 View Post
    hands down, my favorite thread on this site. I've learned a lot from your innovative approach to mobile detailing. I want to use a HHR for my detailing as well. thanks a lot for sharing your come up in great detail for us. can't wait to see what's next for you and hopefully I can share my journey (in MD) the way you have w/ the same type of success.
    You are correct, it is a great thread, Josue is great guy and very helpful, I've asked him a few questions through this thread and a few others and he has been extremely helpful in answering them. I also took inspiration from this thread and went the route of the HHR for my mobile detailing vehicle (I started my own thread too here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...g-vehicle.html but I'm not as far along with it yet myself).

They are great cars for a small one or two-man detailing operation and in my opinion have just enough space to hold all that I need to, while still being fun to drive and much more economical than a large truck or van.

Good luck with your adventures, AG is a great site and there's a very impressive amount of beneficial info on this site!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Super thread bump, but i finally just read through all of this since Jarred linked me on my own thread. This is crazy. I really want one of these now. I found an HHR SS for sale, and who (as a car guy) wouldn't want a turbo work vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    hello guys, ive been detailing on the side and using my regular car (04 honda accord) for a while and its been good. with my income tax return soon approaching i want to take it up a notch and get me a mobile unit. first, i wanted a ford transit.. seems very cheap on gas, and very roomy.. the only thing is that its pricey $10k and up..my starting up budget cant cover that. the other option i had thought about was a van. seems what everyone goes for, but im afraid of the gas mileage i can get. even with a v6 econoline. that lead me to my last choice. the hhr panel. i researched it, and it has good reviews, great on mpg..combine it gives you 30mpg my only concern is the space. so i got on craiglist and checked a couple of used ones that are on sale..and i schedule to see one today. i just came back from looking at it.. and im pretty sold on it. i took a measuring tape. and these are the dimension on the cargo area. roughly its 5'-5'' long by 4'-0' wide and 2'-9'' in height. i definetly see myself putting a 50 gallon water tank, generator, vacuum, reel hose, and make a small cabinet to hold the chemicals and towels. i found one for $4400, only down side is that its a rebuilt title..the owner showed me the pics of how it looked before..and it was a rear bumper damage, the main carriage frame didnt get hit or anything. i got down there and looked, he also agreed on going with me to the chevy dealer to do a diagnostic check on the car.. and it checked out ok. here are some pics of the vehicle im tempted on getting.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 25154[/ATTACH]

[/ATTACH]

it's a 2008, has about 59k miles on it. test drove it and it runs great. my question is to you guys that own mobile units... will this be a good buy for a mobile business? hope to hear from you guys.
    No I wouldn't buy that,there is no simplicity there.The only way I would buy that Chevrolet van would be below true book value,far from retail.once you buy that truck with the title like that it will come back to haunt you.Buy a used transit .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    No I wouldn't buy that,there is no simplicity there.The only way I would buy that Chevrolet van would be below true book value,far from retail.once you buy that truck with the title like that it will come back to haunt you.Buy a used transit .
    actually, it's the best investment I've made so far in my detailing career. I bought it with the intentions on keeping it for long term. Chevrolet even honor the recall that it had, even with the rebuilt title.

Post Thanks / Like

actually, it's the best investment I've made so far in my detailing career. I bought it with the intentions on keeping it for long term. Chevrolet even honor the recall that it had, even with the rebuilt title.
    Glad it's working out for you,how many gallons of water were you able to fit.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the next investment for me needs to be a solid mobile vehicle. I feel like my business would double if not triple at least with mobile detailing.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast