autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Local Dealership Called

A local dealership comprised of VW, Audi, and Porsche contacted me today interested in contracting a detailing crew for production work obviously. The average cars per month is (NEW) 100 VW, 50 Audi, 20 Porsche, and then 50 used vehicles b/t the three. There is absolutely no way I can handle this (I'm one guy), nor do I have any desire to go back to the production life of detailing, where I got my long ago start in detailing.

My question: is their anyway I could approach them about a contract detailing the Porsches?

How would you suggest I go about do this? All suggestions and comments are welcome!

Thanks!

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Local Dealership Called

I would just say that you now specialize in high-end detailing and that you would love the opportunity to focus on their Porsche line. Can't hurt to ask!

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask for the Porsches detailing also as mavin wrote .

Post Thanks / Like

i don't know if this will work but you can pitch this idea to them. They may be interested in a new car prep. Maybe you can sell them a type of new car prep gift certificate that they pre-buy or somehow you work it that they can get this option done at signing so its in their payment plan. Make sure you get paid what its worth to you and they can jack the price so they get paid and everyone's happy. Definitely worth a try instead of just not being able to do any work for them at all. Hmmmmmmm now that i think of it I might just try this myself. Maybe sell two new car prep certificates to a salesman for around $300-$400 but they turn around and sell it for $800 you could get paid $800 for absolutely no work until they sell the certificate. Put an expiration date of 30-60 days after sell of vehicle. Let me know how this work on your end I'll let you know on mine. I used to be a used car salesman and I know for a fact I could have sold this!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how you could make that work. Between the low prices that dealers want to pay for details and the high cost of hiring employees that would be tough. Keep us informed how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Dealerships want concourse work for production detailing. The local Porsche dealership pays a low bid company $60 a car to detail. Which is great for me, because I have fixed several that clients will not take until right for lots of money!

Post Thanks / Like

remember you'll be under the gun no matter the car line. You won't have the time to finesse them like you might want. I'll guess that's why you left this working environment............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbret2004 View Post
    remember you'll be under the gun no matter the car line. You won't have the time to finesse them like you might want. I'll guess that's why you left this working environment............
    Your exactly right. I got to a point where I stopped working on all customer and used car details and focused on new car prep, but eventually, I became tired of the entire dealership production mode and left after graduating college.

I spoke with the lady that is doing the leg work on filling the detailing contract for the dealership complex. We had a very nice talk, I explained that I couldn't fulfill what they were looking for, but did request to place a contract for the Porsche's. We spoke a bit more and arrived at the price. I know from my past experience that auto detailing at a dealership, whether in-house or contracted out, they will nickel and dime the hell out of it. I'm in no way going to place a low bid, just for the business so I went halfway.

I told her 250$ per car. Obviously, this is high for a basic new vehicle prep for sale and low for anything requiring more than a AIO polish. So, they even out haha! I don't expect to receive a contract from them, but I was interesting to say the least.

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't do it. They will own you. Spot deliveries, something the customer finds after he gets home etc. I work at a car dealer and know the routine. Salesman promise everything and ususally it's the day they are off when the car comes back in.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING