autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to sell and more importantly: Close the Deal!

Most of these methods only apply to selling, whether its selling cable tv or Ginsu knives. Unfortunately in the world of auto detailing you cant ABC (always be closing). You have to weigh your options, a straight forward ABC shark will probably get their business and make them spend big the first time around, I doubt that they would be a repeat customer. Real money in detailing is in the long run, unfortunately some detailers get greedy and want to rack up as much like a mechanic. If you want them to spread the word or better yet come back at least once a month you would have to treat them with respect and always listen.
    FINESSE AUTO DETAIL

Technique vs. Product = Technique always wins

Post Thanks / Like

Let me share another concept.

It's called "customer for life"

The Carnegie methods have been worn out in the business world, by hordes of MBAs trying to get the maximum out of each deal.

The Sandler approach is to get your customer to decide what they need, not what you want to sell them.

If I were going to do this for a living, I would arrange my portfolio in order from least to most, including at least approximate pricing for each level of results.

Some people will go right to the back. Others will start at the beginning, and stop when they reach their maximum willing expenditure. Your job is to get them what they need, not what you need. It's always about the customer, not what you would like to do.

Most of the people who would contact you are probably successful in their own business endeavors. They want to look successful as well.

It's easier to push someone a step higher than they were willing to go than it is to get them at the top of your game.

Making them decide what to purchase gets you repeat customers and referrals.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed
    Have a great day!
    Don

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody!

As for the picture editing.. All I really do is turn down the brightness not too much photoshop effects. Natural is better though, that's for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumAuto View Post
    Thanks everybody!

As for the picture editing.. All I really do is turn down the brightness not too much photoshop effects. Natural is better though, that's for sure!
    Not trying to be an a$$, but your two posts now conflict each other:

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumAuto View Post
    but take it to a photo editing program and adjust levels like contrast, brightness, saturation, etc..
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jgg85234 View Post

So, my next question is

When you've made a customer ecstatic over their vehicle, how many of you remember to ask for referrals? Every person you help has their own network. Don't give them a business card, give them several and ask for referrals.

Jim

I agree.

In fact, I built tis into my VIF to help detailers remember to ask for referrals. Click the link below and look at the screenshots, specifically the call-out box on page 3

Mike Phillips VIF or Vehicle Inspection Form

Once a person gets the form they can edit it in MS Word and remove as much of the back-end of the form as they want. But my goal was to make the form VERY complete because it's easier to remove or delete material than it is to try to become a writer and add the material.

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse nice post. Yes to run a business you much be proficient at many aspects. You focused on sales and closing as well as sales training. I appreciated your write up and generally agree.

I'm not a fan of photo editing other than sizing cropping etc. Digitally altering the appearance colors saturation is a pet pieve of mine. No place for it in auto detailing IMO.

Back to the core topic closing. Totally agree this is where the money is. Too many don't know how to close in sales. Yes its always about the customer. Convey services and benefits and go the extra mile for them and you'll create a client vs just a customer.

Overall very enjoyable post for something off the beaten path.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

Now THIS thread caught my attention! Sub'd
    Wax On!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    Jesse nice post. Yes to run a business you much be proficient at many aspects. You focused on sales and closing as well as sales training. I appreciated your write up and generally agree.

I'm not a fan of photo editing other than sizing cropping etc. Digitally altering the appearance colors saturation is a pet pieve of mine. No place for it in auto detailing IMO.

Back to the core topic closing. Totally agree this is where the money is. Too many don't know how to close in sales. Yes its always about the customer. Convey services and benefits and go the extra mile for them and you'll create a client vs just a customer.

Overall very enjoyable post for something off the beaten path.
    +1 So many shops only show photos of high end cars and not their work. I believe show what you can do so the customer can see what their getting for the money. I could post pictures of what ever car I wanted but I want my customer to see my work.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny convo... Especially from a car salesmans standpoint! lol
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast