autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How Should I Start?

Hello everyone, i love washing cars and i have a little part time business going on. I'm not a proffesional detailer because i am just a teenager trying to get happy customers and get them to "Drive Clean". I have already washed several people's cars and i need a little feedback!! So how can i get more customers? what should i say when they tell me "you charge too much"? Or am I being judged for being a 15 year old and assuming i'm probably doing simple quick "Sunday" washes?
    Your Feedback Is Very Much Appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Should I Start?

If your just washing cars are you using the 2 bucket method? If your not you should be doing that so you don't Mar their paint.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8vs7dEIwk]Autogeek.net Wash Bucket Systems - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

you have to explain to them why you're not a Sunday car wash or funding for school field trip. explain to them the steps you're doing. tell them your method is safe and won't mar their paint.
    •Kevin
    UC - M205 - SF4500 - BFWD - BFMS

Post Thanks / Like

Tell us your process, what you provide, products, tools, etc

Post Thanks / Like

So what I do is:
    Wash and dry wheels and tires
    Wash & dry (two bucket method)
    Clean door jams
    Vacuum
    Leather treatment
    Detail plastic, vinyl, rubber dashboards
    Clean windows
    Wax
    Dress tires
    Since I am a "production" detailer, I don't buy expensive products so i Just stick with the consumer products like Meguiars. And everyday, I spend countless hours watching reviews, how-to's and techinques. I do my research and make sure I do everything right.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Find something unique or desirable by customers that others aren't providing. For instance, here in Austin we're often under severe water restrictions, so offering a waterless car wash is incredibly popular.

Also, you can differentiate yourself by providing other value-added services. Headlight restoration, windshield chip removal, small dent removal. This can increase the value of each job and provide recurring revenue from the same client. Examples of all our services can be found at car detailing Austin TX.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

I started cleaning cars when i was about 17/18 years old for family/co-workers, i got my customers from word of mouth. Being that you are not insured or have a business license, you cannot advertise your services as then the government will want you to pay taxes from your profits. Plus if you do something to a car, causing the need for repair, your customer will now have something to sue you for as you are not an official business. In summary, it's tricky, however it can be done, mainly by word of mouth.

Don't give up and keep learning, you will get to that level soon!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Yeah I assumed that customers come by the word of mouth and can't really advertise as much. But thanks for the feedback!!

Post Thanks / Like

I assume your prices are pretty reasonable due to your age and relative lack of experience, so when people say you charge too much, explain to them your process and tell them that you would like to have the chance to earn their business.

I use the earning their business phrase on dealerships, high end clientele, repeat customers, everyone.

It lets them know that you are confident in your prices and service offerings, and that if they will take a chance you are going to do everything possible to make them satisfied.

It works, be confident in yourself. At your age you could even go door to door in your neighborhood and ask neighbors if they want their cars cleaned or know anyone who does.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

It s nice to see a serious teenager doing what you re doing mate , not fooling around & all that , you re on a great patt in here , keep it on .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast