autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Menu feedback

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can post them to photobucket then you can insert the IMG link here and they appear full size.
    2011 Corvette Grand Sport & 2007 TrailBlazer SS (Both black!)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menu feedback

I enlarged the image so the text is readable. However it looks blocky and the logo is out of the frame so it cannot be seen. As well as the border and my name. But as far as packages and prices, most of the text should come in.

I e-mailed the pics to Ray from autogeek. He offered to resize them. If it works without issues then you will be able to see the full image. So in the meantime this is the best I can make them.

thanks for looking, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also on page two (sperate services) #1 is headlight restoration starting at $40 and number #2 is water repellant for exterior glass starting at $10

Those services cannot be seen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Menu feedback-untitled-jpg   Menu feedback-untitled2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go!

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2007 View Post
    I enlarged the image so the text is readable. However it looks blocky and the logo is out of the frame so it cannot be seen. As well as the border and my name. But as far as packages and prices, most of the text should come in.

I e-mailed the pics to Ray from autogeek. He offered to resize them. If it works without issues then you will be able to see the full image. So in the meantime this is the best I can make them.

thanks for looking, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also on page two (sperate services) #1 is headlight restoration starting at $40 and number #2 is water repellant for exterior glass starting at $10

Those services cannot be seen.

Honestly seems a lil cheap based off the prices in my area (Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX)
    It could be average pricing though for your area.

Your "Signature Detail" goes for $250-$300 here (and most of them come to the customer)

With your pricing of $175 for 7-10 hrs of work thats $25-$17.50 a hour and thats not including how much $$$ in products you are using.

I do like your shuttling option to drive the customers to work or home or wherever, I bet if you made it a 10-15 mile radius that would bring you more business.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

It does seem a little low for my area too, but I presume you know your customer base better than I do.

One thing I've been struggling with, is how complicated to make it. Renny's book really talks about simplifying stuff. You have a lot of add-on options, and I have quite a few as well.

Looking at his recommendations, I would think that having 2 interior-only options (basic/deluxe), 2 exterior-only options (basic/deluxe), then upcharge based on condition (ie: pet hair, excessive dirt, etc. is the same price), then do separate services like coatings, headlight resto, etc.

Even with that, you end up with 10 choices. Is that too many?
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Post Thanks / Like

The paragraph before your pricing is not written well. I'm no English professor so I will let someone chime in and tell you what's wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    The paragraph before your pricing is not written well. I'm no English professor so I will let someone chime in and tell you what's wrong.

All work is performed by myself, this allows me to treat your vehicle like its my own. After massive research and trial and error, I have been able to pick the best tools and chemicals available. To keep overhead cost down I work alone and out of my home garage located on the Eastside of Cincinnati. Due to the inconvenience some might find I offer a shuttle service up to ___ miles. Feel free to to contact me via Email or telephone call.

I would then end the paragraph w/ something like this "I look forward to working on your vehicle" or "I look forward to making your vehicle shine"

Also i still say you need to shuttle 10-15 miles and not 5 miles. Trust me the lil bit of distance will bring more customers. It shows that you care about your customers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 817detailer View Post

All work is performed by myself, this allows me to treat your vehicle like its my own. After massive research and trial and error, I have been able to pick the best tools and chemicals available. To keep overhead cost down I work alone and out of my home garage located on the Eastside of Cincinnati. Due to the inconvenience some might find I offer a shuttle service up to ___ miles. Feel free to to contact me via Email or telephone call.

I would then end the paragraph w/ something like this "I look forward to working on your vehicle" or "I look forward to making your vehicle shine"

Also i still say you need to shuttle 10-15 miles and not 5 miles. Trust me the lil bit of distance will bring more customers. It shows that you care about your customers
    I agree as well.

I'd do something like:

"I'll treat your vehicle like it was my own using the best techniques and tools available. I am located on the East side of Cincinnati and can offer shuttle service for most customers. Feel free to contact me by phone at XXX-XXX-XXXX or by email at email@thissite.com."

I think you're making it a little too personal. I had that same issue. Take a look at my website, particularly the contact page, which has a "my shop" section. I also have a shop at my house and do the work here, and I also do shuttle service. I don't limit my shuttle area. Most of the time, the location will dictate that. For example, I have someone coming from about 75 miles on Thursday. I'm meeting her at a local coffee shop so I can take her car, she can work for 3 hours there via wifi, and I can do the work.

My suggestion is to continue with the appeal of the small shop without sounding like you're too small to be good. I've been a web developer on my own for 15 years, and compete with staff's of 300, but I've always presented myself as a company that cares, so people don't care that it's just me.

Hope that helps!
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ray looks good. Lots of great suggestions I will for sure increase the shuttle distance. 817detailer I really like how you worded my paragraph. Looks really good and well written. Since I made the menu I changed the signature detail to $190. I'm debating about increasing it a little more. But I feel any starting price above $200 would be frowned upon. There are places near me that charge well over $200 but they are probably well known and are not someone's house. I would think the market in a warm climate would be much higher. Never know what your going to get weather wise here in cincy. Thanks again the more suggestions the better. This is great advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davisautodetail View Post
    I agree as well.

I'd do something like:

"I'll treat your vehicle like it was my own using the best techniques and tools available. I am located on the East side of Cincinnati and can offer shuttle service for most customers. Feel free to contact me by phone at XXX-XXX-XXXX or by email at email@thissite.com."

I think you're making it a little too personal. I had that same issue. Take a look at my website, particularly the contact page, which has a "my shop" section. I also have a shop at my house and do the work here, and I also do shuttle service. I don't limit my shuttle area. Most of the time, the location will dictate that. For example, I have someone coming from about 75 miles on Thursday. I'm meeting her at a local coffee shop so I can take her car, she can work for 3 hours there via wifi, and I can do the work.

My suggestion is to continue with the appeal of the small shop without sounding like you're too small to be good. I've been a web developer on my own for 15 years, and compete with staff's of 300, but I've always presented myself as a company that cares, so people don't care that it's just me.

Hope that helps!
    I checked out your website looks good. I really like your shop, very nice. I'm deciding wheather to do to separate interior details or not. I read Renny's book and he has a sample menu listing everything that should be done for each package. I sort of used that as a guide. But he also mentioned separating the exterior and interior.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast