autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Input on Renny Doyle How to Start a Home-Based Car Detailing Business

I purchased the book last week and my autogeek package should arrive tomorrow im so excited

i want to hear from people that have read the book there input on it what am i in for?
    to get me a feel for what im going to read i read couple article on it but i want to hear on the detailers point of view that have read this book thanks
    Ramona and sons auto detail
    www.facebook.com/RamonandSonsAutoDetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good book. I got the kindle version and may buy the paper one. Definitely get some of those stick on page markers and a highlighter as I have tried to go back and find things and the kindle version makes that difficult.
    2011 Corvette Grand Sport & 2007 TrailBlazer SS (Both black!)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Input on Renny Doyle How to Start a Home-Based Car Detailing Business

Great book. I wish I read it last winter.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks im excited

Post Thanks / Like

This is a fantastic book! Especially for someone who is specifically interested in the detailing business.

Although I take nothing away from Mr. Doyle's book, I would like to suggest a couple of additional readings that will compound on some of the principles he talks about:

1. The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber. This should be required reading for ANYONE who is starting a business. It will shock you, even if you have been in business for a long time.

2. Selling The Invisible by Harry Beckwith. This is a brilliant, fun to read book with loads of great tips specifically regarding service businesses.

3. Guerrilla Marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson. Just started this one but it is a great read, and really points out the differences between large business and small business marketing, and what you should be doing in regards to marketing.

Renny Doyle's book is GREAT, and can be used as a stand alone guide for a detail business, but there are a lot of other great books that can help you expand on your business knowledge.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    This is a fantastic book! Especially for someone who is specifically interested in the detailing business.

Although I take nothing away from Mr. Doyle's book, I would like to suggest a couple of additional readings that will compound on some of the principles he talks about:

1. The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber. This should be required reading for ANYONE who is starting a business. It will shock you, even if you have been in business for a long time.

2. Selling The Invisible by Harry Beckwith. This is a brilliant, fun to read book with loads of great tips specifically regarding service businesses.

3. Guerrilla Marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson. Just started this one but it is a great read, and really points out the differences between large business and small business marketing, and what you should be doing in regards to marketing.

Renny Doyle's book is GREAT, and can be used as a stand alone guide for a detail business, but there are a lot of other great books that can help you expand on your business knowledge.
    thanks ill be sure to read those