autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Critique my Business Card Design

Hey guys, preparing to order my first set of business cards. Hoping to get a little feedback about the design before I press send. Thanks for the help!

Website isn't up yet, but will be before cards arrive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Critique my Business Card Design-cardsmall-jpg   Critique my Business Card Design-backsmall-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Critique my Business Card Design

I like it,to the point,classic looking card send one over if you wan when you get them.
    Business Cards Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alek@DeepClean View Post
    Hey guys, preparing to order my first set of business cards. Hoping to get a little feedback about the design before I press send. Thanks for the help!

Website isn't up yet, but will be before cards arrive.
    I like the card but suggest the following changes

1. Shift the photo of the car to the right a little providing more room on the left for your text which is more important.

2. Photo edit the car in the background out. In fact edit the foreground and background removing the clutter. The ground under the car is not attractive.

3. Your email address blends in too much consider moving it to the end and put a space between it and your social sites.

4. I like the design and have been thinking of doing one similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    I like the card but suggest the following changes

2. Photo edit the car in the background out. In fact edit the foreground and background removing the clutter. The ground under the car is not attractive.

Just to clarify: You're suggesting blacking out the background around the car?

Post Thanks / Like

I would get ride of Facebook off there and just have a link to Facebook on your website.

Post Thanks / Like

Make the text format the same as the text on the back. The cursive like font looks too gimmicky. Inconsistent fonts just look weird.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Make the text format the same as the text on the back. The cursive like font looks too gimmicky. Inconsistent fonts just look weird.

I agree but for different reasons.

If you look at the text on the front and compare it to the back, the text on the back is much easier to read.

Cursive fonts, especially when small make your customer work at extracting the information. Always make everything EASY for the customer. Make it easy to see what you offer and how to get a hold of you.

The worst mistake I see on BC's is the phone number in a tiny font. And always include the complete phone number.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alek@DeepClean View Post
    Just to clarify: You're suggesting blacking out the background around the car?
    Yes I love the photo realism on the card but the background is cluttered. I'd recommend the same for the ground under the car.

I also agree with the font issue. I was hinting at that when I said your email blended in. Putting some white space between it and the other info would help.

Post Thanks / Like

Black background and white text is inherently hard to read. That's why they don't print books that way.

My experience with business cards is that as long as they aren't misspelled and look good, most people don't care. They all end up in the trash anyway.

Also, in 99.9% of the cases, you're handing out a card when people already know what you do, the card doesn't have to explain that (ie: someone sees you working on a car, and asks you for a card.)

I personally wouldn't waste a lot of money on photo paper cards. I got 500 of my new ones from vistaprint, for like $20.

I would do the following:

1) Keep your "logo" in the cursive font.
    2) Get rid of the "dashes" on the list on the back, or left justify.
    3) Do a white background instead, maybe consider a line-art version of the car.

I would personally probably dump the car all together and improve your logo, so THAT is your branding, then you can skip the back of the card all together and list more services on the front.

Just my .02.

FWIW, here is my card. I know a lot of people aren't fans of my "monkey" guy, but I'm using it as a branding technique, so when you see him, you know where it's from. These cards were built around one of their templates on vistaprint.
    Last edited by davisautodetail; 03-02-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it! I've made some revisions, and have come up with 2 different potential designs. Both have eliminated the unattractive surroundings from around the car, and changed the text(besides company name) to a more standard font. The only difference between them is the background and text color. Any thoughts on these new drafts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Critique my Business Card Design-cardgray-jpg   Critique my Business Card Design-cardwhite-jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast