autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Foot Wear

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Keen Utility footwear. I wear the Detroit low steel toe and they are super comfortable. They are low cut so they aren't heavy like boots and the steel toe isn't even noticeable. Another nice feature is that they come in wide sizes and also have electrostatic discharge protection. They ate a bit pricey but worth every penny. A very high quality shoe and doesn't look quite as nerdy with shorts. I get mine from Zappos. Incredible service.

http://m.zappos.com/keen-utility-det...coat-dark-grey

On a side note I've been a Merrell fan for years and these are the first pair of keens I've tried. I'm sold..........

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foot Wear

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post

The guy that cuts my grass wears a uniform and is a close friend. We detail together sometimes. When I lived in Vegas, I routinely hired homeless guys from our church's outreach to perform menial tasks in the yard. They could be unshaven, dirty clothes, what have you. But these were not pro's.

To put it simply brother detailer, I'm just a saddle tramp from another era.
    Good for them. As I said, different strokes for different folks. I'm going to do what works best for me. If the time comes where I need to adjust I will do so. But so far I'm not hurting for work despite my horrible footwear (according to you) my work speaks for itself and as long as my customers are happy then I'm happy. Hopefully you're like me and can adjust if and when the need arises. Somehow I don't get that impression though. Good luck mate!!

Cheers!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that you are not under the impression that my comment was against you personally. Or against your choice of footwear.

It wasn't.

I'm confident that you're a high caliber detailer. Best wishes in all your endeavors. Thank you eversomuch for your service to this Great Nation.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing from a fisherman's perspectice...but lets talk fisherman first.

I've fished my entire life. Thirty years of fishing on 1 of the 5 big lakes. I can tell you now that when a booking is completed for a trip the fisherman are told 'no shoes with black soles'...'must wear non-marking soles'. Now, not all captain's are like this, but the meticulous ones are...and most of the meticulous ones also know where the fish are. Why? The answers is...well, it's in the details. Get it? Details...

Most fisherman know what boat shoes are. No they're not a particular design/look, rather, true boat shoes are functional offering great traction on wet surfaces all while leaving zero marks on textured decking, which is their purpose. Some have holes for drainage, and some have gore-tex liners. They leave zero marks, and most are quite comfortable.
    Bill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345