autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile POS (point of sale)

Hey guys!

So I have been looking into getting a POS machine to accept credit cards now.

I have an offer from a mainstream Canadian supporter to either turn my iPhone into a POS or rent a wireless reader.

I also have the option of going with a different company that has an app and free reader for my phone that's either on a free pay as you go with higher rates or paid plan for $10/month and standard rates.

As far as actual costs, if it it less than $2800 month, staying with the app is cheaper than going with the more local Canadian Company.

As far as my phone and question goes, what do you guys use?? I am looking at upgrading to Galaxy Note II and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows/uses a droid as a pos??

Thanks a lot!

-Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile POS (point of sale)

The easiest and most recognized is probably Square. I have it and it is super easy to use. They provide the card reader which plugs into the headphone jack. You then open the app, put in the amount to charge, swipe the card and have the customer sign. Gives you the option to email a receipt, too. Very slick and professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use PayPal Here on my iPhone. Lets you easily manage all your items and packages instead of just using a total like Square. Also is a bit less expensive at 2.7%. I also pair it with my PayPal business debit card to get 1% cash back on all purchases so I actually end up getting 1.7% on all transactions.

Post Thanks / Like

I use intuit Go Payment. I like it, I never had good luck with the card reader so I just enter it manually. I think it costs me extra that way. They send you a 1099 makes taxes easy.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the square reader and haven't had a problem with it ever since I got it. Funds are usually in my business account within 24hrs of swipe and its only 2.75% per-swipe.
    Takes 1 swipe, customer signs, then send receipt to customers email or phone if you/they would like. Its very user friendly and is such a useful tool. Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Square not available in Canada ehhh?

thats what I use. Very easy, no monthly fee, reasonable % per transaction
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 95oRANGEcRUSH View Post
    The easiest and most recognized is probably Square. I have it and it is super easy to use. They provide the card reader which plugs into the headphone jack. You then open the app, put in the amount to charge, swipe the card and have the customer sign. Gives you the option to email a receipt, too. Very slick and professional.
    I will look into square and crunch the numbers on it! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post
    I use PayPal Here on my iPhone. Lets you easily manage all your items and packages instead of just using a total like Square. Also is a bit less expensive at 2.7%. I also pair it with my PayPal business debit card to get 1% cash back on all purchases so I actually end up getting 1.7% on all transactions.
    I wasn't aware of paypal. Is the 1.7% on all credit cards or just Visa and Mastercard? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    I use intuit Go Payment. I like it, I never had good luck with the card reader so I just enter it manually. I think it costs me extra that way. They send you a 1099 makes taxes easy.
    Intuit was the name of the company!! I totally forgot, you are correct with the keyed rate, it is more. Intuit was the one I was looking at. Thanks for the feedback on the card reader!

Quote Originally Posted by Colinpd137 View Post
    I use the square reader and haven't had a problem with it ever since I got it. Funds are usually in my business account within 24hrs of swipe and its only 2.75% per-swipe.
    Takes 1 swipe, customer signs, then send receipt to customers email or phone if you/they would like. Its very user friendly and is such a useful tool. Best of luck!
    2.75% is not too bad. I like the particular setup of square and intuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    Square not available in Canada ehhh?

thats what I use. Very easy, no monthly fee, reasonable % per transaction
    I will do a search on it now eh!

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe square charges $2.75 per swipe. Also I believe you get your money the following day. Also from all card readers out there I would go with the best one, they all have their problems, I tried them all but remember sometimes its your phone that causes it so the reader and phone, gets miscommunication between one with the other. Square stands out for me for one reason only, AT&T just announced a partnership with them, so a big company like that can put lots and lots of money into them to make this little piece of device only better. I have an Iphone4 and haven't had any problems with it.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew - when you apply for a business debit card with PayPal it is a MasterCard and is linked directly to your PayPal account. When you accept payments on your phone the funds are immediately available in your PayPal account, that's why I like using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I believe square charges $2.75 per swipe. Also I believe you get your money the following day. Also from all card readers out there I would go with the best one, they all have their problems, I tried them all but remember sometimes its your phone that causes it so the reader and phone, gets miscommunication between one with the other. Square stands out for me for one reason only, AT&T just announced a partnership with them, so a big company like that can put lots and lots of money into them to make this little piece of device only better. I have an Iphone4 and haven't had any problems with it.
    The Square app charges you 2.75% of every transaction not $2.75 per.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast