autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Guys... Is it okay to use customers water and electricity?

I use client's electricity, since I don't have a generator. I usually don't use their water, since I primarily do ONR washes nowadays. I've never had a client complain or even look at me funny when I inform them that electricity is a requirement for many of my services. I do fill my 2 5 gallon buckets with hot water and bring them with me. Gives me plenty of water to do an ONR wash and run my extractor.

I would however advise this: You never know where the client's hookups will be. Always bring more extension cord and hose than you think you will need. I learned this on one of my early details: The client told me over the phone I would have access to power. Little did I know the nearest power outlet was on the opposite side of the house from the driveway... Had to run to Walmart and buy 2 extra extension cords. Talk about embarrassing!

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread.

I always tell the client up front that all we need from them is three things; a water hook up, an electrical outlet, and a dirty car. I have never had a client look at me funny or tell me I couldn't have those. The only exception is some clients may not have running water available. If that is the case then I will do a waterless wash and kindly ask that the vehicle is not caked with mud.

Do several jobs like this and set aside a few dollars for a quite generator and find a waterless wash option. I typically only carry a couple gallons of waterless wash and have never run out.

Other than that, a coupel hundred feet of electrical cord and a couple good hoses will do you fine. And if you do have to use a clients hose, put it back better than you found it. It goes a long way.

On the other view, I would not have a problem with any contractor coming to my home asking for basic utilities. If a painter shows up without brushes and ladders, but if they need electricity to power lights, fans, and other equipment have at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda funny how you put it, as water and electricity dont mix. I would say its fine as long as its printed and not in the old scam (fine print).
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123